What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hard to imagine that not long ago Tariq was considered the 'enforcer' at the Dragons. What happened? Injuries? motivation? Not buying into the game plan? Maybe, it's just something else, gun shy?

We do need an enforcer, however, there's a very fine line between enforcer and meat head.

Maybe Tariq can regain this title under Hook and co and add tobthis some proper prop that can take the team forward, may just reignite Tariq.
JDB, is also a candidate, but we wait and see.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
If he could it would have such an impact on the side. Hope Griffin and Elliott can get him to focus on some new goals now his Origin career is probably over. If we could get even a dozen 8 out tens like performances for 40 mins per game it would be like buying a new forward. I don’t believe this includes ‘ bash up the halfback’ as they’ll just wipe him out of the game but some hard edge running and tough defence. His body looks like he can deliver, hope his mind willing.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Hard to imagine that not long ago Tariq was considered the 'enforcer' at the Dragons. What happened? Injuries? motivation? Not buying into the game plan? Maybe, it's just something else, gun shy?

We do need an enforcer, however, there's a very fine line between enforcer and meat head.

Maybe Tariq can regain this title under Hook and co and add tobthis some proper prop that can take the team forward, may just reignite Tariq.
JDB, is also a candidate, but we wait and see.

Meat Head= Josh McGuire

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Yea absolutely that’s why I’m hoping we are after a leader type forward for the guys like Lawrie and Kerr to jump on board and learn. They will both be better forwards for it. I feel you can get away with a younger edge forward atleast on one edge. I mean look how Liam Martin has gone this year for Penrith just a bull terrier we just need our version of that to stand up and take his chance on The open spot we should have with Frizz departing.

I just think Lawrie lacks the size to ever be a dominant front rower. I reckon we need at least 1 more big prop for next year, potentially 2 depending on whether we feel Blacker is ready.

Our forward rotation should then look something like:

8) Kerr
10) Vaughan
14) Blacker or a new signing
15) new signing.

We know Hook is going to drill our forwards and they're going to be fit as a result so I think our front rowers need to be at least 110kgs in size.

Let JDB, the Sims bros, Lawrie, Ford et al fight it out for the back row and remaining bench positions.

Gareth67

First Grade
Meat Head= Josh McGuire

Undoubtably so redandwhite3evr , but at the moment he could be just the individual that our forwards require to add some real starch to it .

Our pack cannot continue to prance around the field and go belly up whenever the opposition applies the pressure and McCrone will go a long way to nullify that .

Although not my ideal choice , perhaps Griffin can get him to change his nasty streak and replace it with pure aggression tackling wise . And if he can manage to sign Joe Ofanghaue along with McCrone then the Dragons would have a relatively decent pack when you add Vaughan , Simms , Blacker etc. to the ‘ hog’ pack .

Drakon

Juniors
Undoubtably so redandwhite3evr , but at the moment he could be just the individual that our forwards require to add some real starch to it .

Our pack cannot continue to prance around the field and go belly up whenever the opposition applies the pressure and McCrone will go a long way to nullify that .

Although not my ideal choice , perhaps Griffin can get him to change his nasty streak and replace it with pure aggression tackling wise . And if he can manage to sign Joe Ofanghaue along with McCrone then the Dragons would have a relatively decent pack when you add Vaughan , Simms , Blacker etc. to the ‘ hog’ pack .
Hope that wasn't a Freudian slip Gareth. I do believe you mean McGuire and not McCrone old buddy!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
What about Lodge if Brisbane try to move him?

Must admit I had him in the mega meathead category after that infamous episode in the USA. But to his credit, on the field at least, he seems to have become more disciplined. He's five years younger and much bigger than McGuire so, if Kevvie wants to let him go, I'd be prioritising him over the the Sledger.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I just think Lawrie lacks the size to ever be a dominant front rower. I reckon we need at least 1 more big prop for next year, potentially 2 depending on whether we feel Blacker is ready.

Our forward rotation should then look something like:

8) Kerr
10) Vaughan
14) Blacker or a new signing
15) new signing.

We know Hook is going to drill our forwards and they're going to be fit as a result so I think our front rowers need to be at least 110kgs in size.

Let JDB, the Sims bros, Lawrie, Ford et al fight it out for the back row and remaining bench positions.

In the absence of any other suitable replacements, I'd be considering Vaughan for an edge backrow position. He has natural speed, evasive skills and athleticism which could be better utilised there than in a bash and barge role. Korbin Sims I hear is being shopped, there has to be a question mark over whether Tariq has seen his best days and Lawrie, IMO, is an out and out prop.

With the question mark over JDB , there are too many ifs buts and maybes at present in the back row so both front and back rows need attention.

BLM01

First Grade
In the absence of any other suitable replacements, I'd be considering Vaughan for an edge backrow position. He has natural speed, evasive skills and athleticism which could be better utilised there than in a bash and barge role. Korbin Sims I hear is being shopped, there has to be a question mark over whether Tariq has seen his best days and Lawrie, IMO, is an out and out prop.

With the question mark over JDB , there are too many ifs buts and maybes at present in the back row so both front and back rows need attention.
Vaughan is a prop
Don’t move him to edge back tow
Proven effective back in 18 especially now with the speed in today’s game he should thrive more
the coaches have now gotta get into his head and get the best out of him for whatever has gone down the last two years to what’s affected form apart from being within 85 of a GF

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Vaughan is a prop
Don’t move him to edge back tow
Proven effective back in 18 especially now with the speed in today’s game he should thrive more
the coaches have now gotta get into his head and get the best out of him for whatever has gone down the last two years to what’s affected form apart from being within 85 of a GF
I just think Vaughan is one of those players that can’t handle the bubble. Some players like Lomax handled it well but others like Ponga and Vaughan struggle big time. Hopefully next season is less strict and a change of coach can turn things around. It’s like when I did FIFO work, some people like myself handle it well where some of the toughest men I know it completely broke. Some people just really need that balance to thrive. Hopefully he can have a big one in 2021.

Old Timer

Coach
I just think Vaughan is one of those players that can’t handle the bubble. Some players like Lomax handled it well but others like Ponga and Vaughan struggle big time. Hopefully next season is less strict and a change of coach can turn things around. It’s like when I did FIFO work, some people like myself handle it well where some of the toughest men I know it completely broke. Some people just really need that balance to thrive. Hopefully he can have a big one in 2021.
Vaughan had declined markedly in output well before Covid 19.

No doubt he was not happy the way Mc Fookknuckle used and rotated him from game to game so hopefully little more than a proper game plan required to get the best out of him again.

ALSGI

Bench
Vaughan had declined markedly in output well before Covid 19.

No doubt he was not happy the way Mc Fookknuckle used and rotated him from game to game so hopefully little more than a proper game plan required to get the best out of him again.
Agree re Vaughan OT.
2019 was a marked decline, as was Tariq.
Wondering how much JDB saga played into issues with many players let alone having that extra dominant forward in our pack that JDB was.

redVinme

Bench
Not when they’re all happy as Larry to come and play for unders (under ther counter brown bags)!

Dw we will get 16th dibs on players as always
Dogs, warriors and titans have had no trouble boosting their squad while we sit on our hands.

Roosters and bunnies just buy more internationals and the media reports it like there is nothing wrong. JAC to souths is a joke also

Latest posts