What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Rome wasn’t built in a day people!! By BA’s 15th season he might of actually figured out how to pick a bench and then get his rotations right.

It will be very exciting when it finally happens!!
I reckon our club is watching him closely and he will be removed if we don’t improve again next year.

No need to pull your dick with ridiculous hypotheticals.

Soto

Bench
Ha!!

So ridiculous, like BA will ever be able to figure out his rotations.
You can excuse the Storm game but agree for most of the season the use of the bench has been perplexing...
Should've started Evans contract at the Warriors earlier..plus a few games where players got zero time, Stefano 30 secs and others a few minutes..or when a player is brought on with 8 mins to game expecting miracles. Truthfully, the bench rotation needs work. Also agree u dont have ur 3 middles off at the same time..ascendancy lost right then and there particularly if ur bench is not providing any punch

Soto

Bench
Comments that we have/had a premiership capable squad in 2020 are wrong. We had a premiership capable top 13... we lacked a bench able to do the job.
That's what needs fixing.
. .
A bench of Nuikore, Kaufusi, Lane and new recruit will be alot better than what lined up on Sat night..
We massively missed Nuikore. Also Stone wont be the player many hoped he would be..Kaufusi's game improved this yr. Has the odd error but much more potent than Evans

IFR33K

Coach
Comments that we have/had a premiership capable squad in 2020 are wrong. We had a premiership capable top 13... we lacked a bench able to do the job.
. .

What’s your thoughts on ray stone and his selection?

Gazzamatta

Coach
. .
Fair comment. Kaufusi and Niukore fill the bill I reckon. The other two spots are more difficult. Id have loved to see Salmon as one of those and Davey used on the edge isnt much worse than most clubs 14 through 17.
Continual use of Jane Evans and ignoring of Alvaro who was a Ken Thornett medalist was confusing. The loss of Peni probably hurt us as well.

Joely01

Bench
I think with the bench, moving forward you need 3 forwards and a utility 14... especially with the way HIAs are these days!
The question is is W.Smith the answer to cover Reed when he gets hurt or needs a rest, or do we find someone else?
Kaufusi and Niukore are two locks for mine for next years bench, interesting if the other is a signing, or the Lane move back to bench happens... Personally I’d like to see us sign Asiata for that 3rd forward on the bench!

Chipmunk

Coach
The problem was your expectations. Don't look at ladder position because it lies about the quality of a team. We are very good (or lucky) at winning the close ones, so our ladder position is usually higher than it should be for the quality of our roster. In 2017 we finished fourth but we only had a points differential of +39. The Cowboys had +24, only a bee's dick difference from ours. They had plenty of big game experience, with all the QLD Origin players and a premiership two years earlier, plus they were in form, beating the Roosters and the Sharks (defending premiers) in the finals that year. Their luck ran out against the Storm though and they got smashed.

In 2019 we were +60 and set a finals record against the Broncos, who we outclassed (they had -57). The following week we were again up against the f**king Storm (+331) who shat themselves in week one and didn't repeat the error against us.

This year we were +104 (our best ever under Arthur's) but were unlucky to face two better teams (Storm +258 and Souths +169) in the finals.

But we are improving steadily. You need to look at our for and against, not an all or nothing metric like whether or not we won a finals match. As a fan we want to win these but if you're analysing our trajectory as a club they're a poor metric for making judgements. Personally I'm still very concerned about 2018, and whether that could happen again. The finals losses tell me nothing about this coach or this club other than that we still need better players.

I think the biggest issue is that very few, if any experts, had either Souths or Panthers winning the comp, or finishing ahead of us on the ladder. If Souths or Panthers win the comp with the players they've got on the field at the moment, then the Parra team and fans should be very very disappointed with how we've gone this season.

Joely01

Bench
I think the biggest issue is that very few, if any experts, had either Souths or Panthers winning the comp, or finishing ahead of us on the ladder. If Souths or Panthers win the comp with the players they've got on the field at the moment, then the Parra team and fans should be very very disappointed with how we've gone this season.

I don’t get this logic?
Most also said our roster isn’t anywhere near the roosters yet we went out the same week and finished ahead of them in the regular season....
I think it’s underestimated how strong the Penrith lineup is.
But at full strength I think we match it with both Penrith and Souths!