What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

emjaycee

Coach
It would need to be an improvement on 2020.

What’s your take? You’re closer to the club than I am. Are we stuck with him for another 15 years?
To be honest, I am not sure.
I know there are some that feel he is the right fit in so much as having passion for the jersey and the club as well as the level of dedication he shows to the role and that is coupled with the fact that the because players change over the years, the effect of keeping the same coach isn't as bad, however there is also a belief that change is a good thing. He definitely needs to work on his shortcomings and that is recognised within the club.

The most successful clubs of the last 30 years have been Melbourne and Brisbane and both had long term coaches during their most successful years. Whether BA stays as long and can successfully build a similar dynasty, I dunno. Eels fans are pretty fickle.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The most successful clubs of the last 30 years have been Melbourne and Brisbane and both had long term coaches during their most successful years. Whether BA stays as long and can successfully build a similar dynasty, I dunno. Eels fans are pretty fickle.

yeh, but not hard to understand why we are so fickle

we've never had those sustained periods that the Storm or Brisbane have had over a period of more than a decade

Gronk

Staff member
yeh, but not hard to understand why we are so fickle

we've never had those sustained periods that the Storm or Brisbane have had over a period of more than a decade
True, but it was the fans who wanted Fitzy out, then voted in Spags, then voted in Sharpie.

Maybe the fans need to take some ownership of the past few decades ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I just hope the club makes their decisions based on what they believe is in our long term interests. Not what will keep the fans and media happy or get them re-elected.

I feel like we finally have some stability within our head office. If we can’t make good decisions now, we never will.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
True, but it was the fans who wanted Fitzy out, then voted in Spags, then voted in Sharpie.

Maybe the fans need to take some ownership of the past few decades ?
That was a f**ken awful period for the club. So glad I don’t see any of that faction shit posted on here now. I have much more confidence in where the club is heading as a result.

Gronk

Staff member
I just hope the club makes their decisions based on what they believe is in our long term interests. Not what will keep the fans and media happy or get them re-elected.

I feel like we finally have some stability within our head office. If we can’t make good decisions now, we never will.

Not only that, we have a GM of Footy who overseers the squad and works with the coach and retention committee. The theory is that when the coach reaches his use by date we can simply unplug and slot in his replacement without having to rebuild and all those excuses that come with coach rotation.

Buckets is a impressive guy and worth a listen on the Talking with TK podcast.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
That was a f**ken awful period for the club. So glad I don’t see any of that faction shit posted on here now. I have much more confidence in where the club is heading as a result.
Agreed. It was depressing reading for the most part and makes it near impossible to be successful on the field.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah that's it.
The club doesn't want to win.
Well the cultural excuse is an absolute load of Malarky .

Didn’t we hire Elkin from Cronulla?? Wasn’t BA when here we cheated the cap?? People somehow forget about that yet give it to Flanagan lol.

There is no way Bea Arthur would hire anyone like Flanagan because he is a threat to his job, he hires dolts and yes men who are happy to implement his 5 hit and a bomb rubbish. It’s a reason Holbrook was pushed out of the joint ASAP.

The best coaches put the best people around them as possible??? Does Bea do this?? No way, and then he wonders why we are still a dumb team after 7 years. Well duhhhhhhhh!!!!! It shows in the coaching and the way we play. The team should be congratulated on making 3rd despite the quality of the coaching staff.

Gronk

Staff member
When it matters maybe???
The Relentless Pursuit of Excellence by @hineyrulz

HelpfulSlimyDegus-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts