What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

soc123_au

Staff member
For those that don't venture into the match day threads, this is too good not to share. Courtesy of @The Silverdale Phantom

Comfortably Smug

hello ( hello hello)
Are fans of other clubs out there?
Just bow lowly if you can hear me
Are you ready to be boned?

Come on now
I hear you’re ready to go down!
Well we could ease your pain
But rather knock you off again!

We are the pain you need receiving
A busted lip with lots of bleeding
We are running through you in waves
Your lips are moving but we can’t hear you
When I was a child I loved the panthers
People teased me called me names
Now the hurt has gone forever
I can’t explain, you would not understand
One of the best sides in all of history

I have become comfortably smug.

I have become comfortably smug.

Original Name

Juniors
Won't happen.
I read that article as well. Wishful thinking from Joey.....and the Knights.

Though I wouldn’t complain too much if Bradman Best defected to us!!
Andrew Johns.... the Immortal Idiot!

It was a click bait thing taking his quote out of context. On a segment on his weekly YT thing "Immortal Behavior" a fan asked if you were Adam O'Brian and were given an exemption on the cap to go after any player who would it be. Cleary's the best young player so naturally Cleary was the guy he said. Even said in the video he said it won't happen Cleary will be a one club man and so he should.

Nines took Fitler's quote out of context too. He was asked if you had to merge two clubs who would it be. One of them he said if you absolutely had to was Penrith and most of you guys fell for this media clickbait.

MugaB

Coach
It was a click bait thing taking his quote out of context. On a segment on his weekly YT thing "Immortal Behavior" a fan asked if you were Adam O'Brian and were given an exemption on the cap to go after any player who would it be. Cleary's the best young player so naturally Cleary was the guy he said. Even said in the video he said it won't happen Cleary will be a one club man and so he should.

Nines took Fitler's quote out of context too. He was asked if you had to merge two clubs who would it be. One of them he said if you absolutely had to was Penrith and most of you guys fell for this media clickbait.
I still stand by my quote! Andrew Johns is an Immortal Idiot, great footballer, but says things that dumbfounds me.
Regardless of the clickbait statement

Apparently Andrew Webster is coming across from the tigers to replace Barrett, serious downgrade if so. I really hope this isn’t the start of Ivan taking full control of appointments, he really doesn’t have the best record in recruitment.

Give him a chance I reckon, no one was particularly excited about Barrett joining this time last year.

Manly were a decent attacking team under Barrett. When Webster & Cleary last worked together in 2018, Tigers had the second worst attack in the comp. Now I don’t expect that to happen here of course, we’ve got better players. But it’s not exactly a ringing endorsement.

betcats

Referee
Manly were a decent attacking team under Barrett. When Webster & Cleary last worked together in 2018, Tigers had the second worst attack in the comp. Now I don’t expect that to happen here of course, we’ve got better players. But it’s not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Yeah i get that but our attack wasnt that good last time Barrett and Cleary worked together either now look at it, things can change an assistant coach cant get better, especially in a better environment. Its just to early to call it a downgrade imo, he might end up an upgrade.

Whino

Bench
Last edited:
Yeah i get that but our attack wasnt that good last time Barrett and Cleary worked together either now look at it, things can change an assistant coach cant get better, especially in a better environment. Its just to early to call it a downgrade imo, he might end up an upgrade.

In 2012 we scored 405 points (year Barrett came)
2013 - 495
2014 - 506

That’s pretty decent attack. Over 20 points a game in the 2013 & 2014.

Smacks of jobs for the boys tbh

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Here’s his 6 years as an attacking coach, and where his teams ranked offensively.

14th

7th

15th

15th

9th

7th

Kinda speaks for itself.

His two worst years are when he worked with Ivan.

giphy.gif

unKwn

Juniors
Here’s his 6 years as an attacking coach, and where his teams ranked offensively.

14th

7th

15th

15th

9th

7th

Kinda speaks for itself.

His two worst years are when he worked with Ivan.
to be fair in 2014 we were 8th in attack under Ivan and Barrett. I trust Ivan’s decision and hopefully this new guy isn’t as bad as he seems

Latest posts