What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
He was garbage when arrived on his fat dollars....
When it come to contract year he played ok and had a go.
Once Warriors signed he turned back to the piece of rubbish we purchased.
Disgrace of a player. Terepo any day.
It was a Darcy Lussick like blue and gold career... Carbon copy

lingard

Coach
French, if he comes here at all, will not be coming to be a winger. French doesn't want to play wing, he is no good at yardage coming out of our own end and he hasn't played wing in ages.

And I doubt he'd want to come back to Parramatta to play reserve grade. So that just leaves fullback or five-eight. Or 14?

lingard

Coach
So you’d be happy to wait a couple of seasons?
The only way I seem him being a regular is if Gutho moves to centre but that’s weakening Guncos strength and exposing French’s kick returns

I'd be okay with moving Gutho to centre - but only for a very good fullback. Bevan has the speed but little else. No thanks.

T-Boon

Coach
I'd be okay with moving Gutho to centre - but only for a very good fullback. Bevan has the speed but little else. No thanks.

French is highly skillful. His only real problem is size and strength and he had a bad attitude in 2018 which nobody saw coming and left a bad taste in many eels fans mouths.
He certainly cannot play wing. Maybe he could play centre.

Eelogical

Referee
There was a time when I thought Gutho should be in the centres, but I now think that fullback is his go. He's proven that. I could only see him playing 5/8 if he was flicked from the #1 position. I don't think his kicking game would be up to scratch, though. He's no Lockyer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
French is highly skillful. His only real problem is size and strength and he had a bad attitude in 2018 which nobody saw coming and left a bad taste in many eels fans mouths.
He certainly cannot play wing. Maybe he could play centre.
Papenhuyzen would look like 2018 French if he played in a shit team. French was dangerous when he played fullback behind a decent team in 2016-17.

lingard

Coach
There was a time when I thought Gutho should be in the centres, but I now think that fullback is his go. He's proven that. I could only see him playing 5/8 if he was flicked from the #1 position. I don't think his kicking game would be up to scratch, though. He's no Lockyer.

I agree. I used to think he would be an ideal centre. (And he would be.) But I think that, this year in particular, he has earnt the right to be called a fullback (rather than a utility player doing a good job of playing fullback). For sure.

T-Boon

Coach
Papenhuyzen would look like 2018 French if he played in a shit team. French was dangerous when he played fullback behind a decent team in 2016-17.

Exactly. Those who say he only has speed are nuts. He was Burt like smart on the wing his first year or 2.