What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd be interested to see how keen the Head of Football and Head Coach were on signing Beven French as a Top 13 player if the Board said to them that you can sign him, but if it doesn't work out we'll expect both of your resignations.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No Jenko plus no ready made replacement plus speculation that Bev is to retuurn plus our diabolical edge defence means Our Coach is contemplating moving Gutho to Centre and Bev to number 1. Couldnt be anything else. Maybe BA had a conversation with Gutho that he dosent believe hes a fullback anymore like he did with Taka at the end of 2018 where he told him hes not a centre anymore and would spend the pre season preparing for the second row. We know how that worked out. :wink:

Eelogical

Referee
No Jenko plus no ready made replacement plus speculation that Bev is to retuurn plus our diabolical edge defence means Our Coach is contemplating moving Gutho to Centre and Bev to number 1. Couldnt be anything else. Maybe BA had a conversation with Gutho that he dosent believe hes a fullback anymore like he did with Taka at the end of 2018 where he told him hes not a centre anymore and would spend the pre season preparing for the second row. We know how that worked out. :wink:
If this absurd speculative scenario plays out then I predict BA to be gone by round 12.

Eelogical

Referee
BA’s safe. It’ll be Will Smith to centre and French in the 14.
I personally don't believe this to be the case as far as BA being safe is concerned. If the Eels play like every other year (Jekyll/Hyde), and you know they will with that assumed roster, then BA will be the scapegoat mid-season. Trolleyboy will somehow escape unscathed.

IFR33K

Coach
There was a time when I thought Gutho should be in the centres, but I now think that fullback is his go. He's proven that. I could only see him playing 5/8 if he was flicked from the #1 position. I don't think his kicking game would be up to scratch, though. He's no Lockyer.

Yeah he may end up better than Lockyer

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd be interested to see how keen the Head of Football and Head Coach were on signing Beven French as a Top 13 player if the Board said to them that you can sign him, but if it doesn't work out we'll expect both of your resignations.
I wouldn't think anyone's job would depend on the value of one signing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What are you on about? He played a dozen games at centre last year until Blake joined the club. Then he became a backup.

Latest posts