What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
OK I will admit this is partly trolling but, did Moses have less of an impact this year because Gutho was having more. Is Gutho jumping in and doing the work of our halves too much?
People will tear me down but Gutherson is a 6 in the making. He will eventually play there permanently like most great fullbacks in the modern area.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
OK I will admit this is partly trolling but, did Moses have less of an impact this year because Gutho was having more. Is Gutho jumping in and doing the work of our halves too much?
Maybe he is jumping in because our halves just aren’t???

Junior got to first receiver a lot as well.

IFR33K

Coach

No, he’s not getting in the way of our halves. He’s a ball playing fullback.

He is getting in the way of Mahoney thou. He’s pushed him out of the way a few times to scoot. What he should be doing is allowing reed to scoot and support him.

TheRam

Coach
People will tear me down but Gutherson is a 6 in the making. He will eventually play there permanently like most great fullbacks in the modern area.

You maybe right, that isn't an impossibility, it is just right now he is nearly the best fullback in the world and should have been the Dally M player of the year except for whoever was judging the last game Vs the Tigers didn't even give him a point when he was basically the best player on the field in that game. Atrocious voting. I wonder who the judge was for that game? If he picked up even just one point he would have been joint winner, but if anyone remembers that game he played very well and should have picked up at least 2 points and all the panellist on the show thought so too. He was robbed!

But I regress, he has stated on record only yesterday that he likes playing fullback and that it is his position, so he won't take kindly to being moved from where he is playing so well and feels comfortable. In a few years sure maybe, when Brown has matured into a season playmaker and has moved in to the 7, then who knows? Moses might be moved on by then or has moved on himself.

But as for right now, like next season, do we move the Dally M fullback of the year? NO.

TheRam

Coach

He is getting in the way of Mahoney thou. He’s pushed him out of the way a few times to scoot. What he should be doing is allowing reed to scoot and support him.

Maybe he has realized that Mahoney is sticking sweaty dogs balls at running from dummy half, or more to the point, he has chosen not to. So Gutho jumps in wherever he sees a need for someone to do something or something needs to happen, because the other 3 spine players in his team had decided to take a holiday in attack this season.

84 Baby

Referee

Think they did that a few times as well. I remember a few tries at the back end of season from them. Gutho runs from dummy half because he is very good at it

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe he has realized that Mahoney is sticking sweaty dogs balls at running from dummy half, or more to the point, he has chosen not to. So Gutho jumps in wherever he sees a need for someone to do something or something needs to happen, because the other 3 spine players in his team had decided to take a holiday in attack this season.
2020 stats per Zero Tackle
Rheed - line breaks 5 & LBAs 4
Harry Grant - line breaks 3 & LBAs 6

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The more I think about it the more I would trying to sign Burton as soon as humanly possible and be telling Mose’s he is free to ski off into the Sunset.

We will not win a comp with a bloke who is just happy to not get involved when the big games roll around and can’t handle pressure or criticism. We may not win one with Burton or Brown but at least we are having a crack and trying something different because just doing same old same of just isn’t working.

Noise

Coach
2020 stats per Zero Tackle
Rheed - line breaks 5 & LBAs 4
Harry Grant - line breaks 3 & LBAs 6
Try assists:
Mahoney - 3
Grant - 5

Tries:
Mahoney - 3
Grant - 3

Run Metres:
Mahoney - 529
Grant - 1235

Tackle Busts:
Mahoney - 19
Grant - 24

Offloads:
Mahoney - 2
Grant - 11

Errors / Penalties:
Mahoney - 22 / 10
Grant - 9 / 9

Grant had a much better year than Mahoney.

TheRam

Coach
Try assists:
Mahoney - 3
Grant - 5

Tries:
Mahoney - 3
Grant - 3

Run Metres:
Mahoney - 529
Grant - 1235

Tackle Busts:
Mahoney - 19
Grant 24

Offloads:
Mahoney - 2
Grant - 11

Errors / Penalties:
Mahoney - 22 / 10
Grant - 9 / 9

Grant had a much better year than Mahoney.

He will only be better still playing behind that Melbourne pack. A dream come true for a dummy half of his quality.

Back on Mahoney, he is all quality too, I just wish he realised and made it a priority in his game that he needs to run. There are many missed opportunities that he is letting go by not running. Otherwise his game is great generally. But it would be so much better if he started to run.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Two vastly different quality teams and Grant also played less games. I think if you put Harry in our team his running game would explode.
That wouldn’t be the only thing that would explode :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

Would he be allowed to play that way???

We all know Bea Arthur just wants a tackling plodder who leads the line speed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He doesnt need to the way the game is now. Fullback is basically old day 5/8th
The change isn't so much about what happens in attack (there's no rule saying the fullback can't play first receiver or even dummy half) but what he does in defence. In the halves he would defend in the line, which he is very good at, while someone else would be defending at fullback and returning kicks.