What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

It's Been Done

Juniors
Rumour is Dragons going to Classic :disappointed:

To make it worse, according to Canterbury's members jersey released earlier this year, they're bringing back the side panels, at least, as is the case already with XBlades, they're invisible on the mostly white Red V jersey. I hope our clash jersey, Canterbury and Souths don't surrender to making the side panels stand out on the jerseys again. I hope the Classic rumor as strong as it is, isn't true and we go to someone like Puma next year.

Dawesy76

Juniors
To make it worse, according to Canterbury's members jersey released earlier this year, they're bringing back the side panels, at least, as is the case already with XBlades, they're invisible on the mostly white Red V jersey. I hope our clash jersey, Canterbury and Souths don't surrender to making the side panels stand out on the jerseys again. I hope the Classic rumor as strong as it is, isn't true and we go to someone like Puma next year.

A few months back when the changes all started, Puma had ‘apparently’ picked up a club, but I haven’t seen any indicators who that would be, so you’d have to assume the rumor is dead.

MugaB

Coach
A few months back when the changes all started, Puma had ‘apparently’ picked up a club, but I haven’t seen any indicators who that would be, so you’d have to assume the rumor is dead.
Puma aligned with Penrith, would be awesome, just like steggles and roosters

Frailty

First Grade
The Sharks will have a 2021 jersey on sale for Christmas despite no front of jersey sponsor. They've clearly learned from previous years that waiting has meant they miss out on a lot of sales.

In place of the sponsor the Sharks are putting 'Sharks at Kareela' to publicise the Golf Club recently acquired which will be their homebase whilst renovations to the League Club and development site are ongoing. A mock up has been posted to https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020/09/30/ceos-update---september-2020/

21_jerseys_kareela.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameronb

Juniors
Souths pre order 2021 members appreciation jersey. Looks to have no side panels!

Attachments

• 1D144D9C-75D6-4706-B83E-321E280EAA48.jpeg
    1D144D9C-75D6-4706-B83E-321E280EAA48.jpeg
    601.9 KB · Views: 310

wazdog

Juniors
Souths pre order 2021 members appreciation jersey. Looks to have no side panels!

Finally got rid of the side panels! This is a terrible MS Paint job lol.

2494-985.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but looking at the Classic page there is a category for the Titans so looks like they've signed onto Classic as well.

isavedtheday

Juniors
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but looking at the Classic page there is a category for the Titans so looks like they've signed onto Classic as well.[/QUOTE]

I'd say they just haven't updated that part of their website recently. The Titans were last with classic in 2018 and Panthers (who are also on the classic website) in 2019. I couldn't see both of them moving back to Classic next season.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The Sharks will have a 2021 jersey on sale for Christmas despite no front of jersey sponsor. They've clearly learned from previous years that waiting has meant they miss out on a lot of sales.

In place of the sponsor the Sharks are putting 'Sharks at Kareela' to publicise the Golf Club recently acquired which will be their homebase whilst renovations to the League Club and development site are ongoing. A mock up has been posted to https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020/09/30/ceos-update---september-2020/

21_jerseys_kareela.jpg

This looks so good and it just makes me sad to think how shitty the jersey culture of RL is....

It is fine (I guess...) for the clubs to slap sponsors on the chest (EPL, etc) OR for the clubs to keep changing their designs (My mind goes to the Marvel Superheors changing costumes every film). But both of them together just gives us shocker after shocker (Imagine if Marvel slapped on huge new sponsors across the chest every time the characters get a new costume).

Honestly, it think it would be a decent rule for the ARLC to say "Each club has a core Home/Away jumper that cannot even change year to year (maybe with special permission for brand reboots). Clubs can also do as many extra special event jerseys as they like, but NO SPONSORS on those event jerseys." Make them use a secondary club logo like this "Sharks" thing or Melbourne "Melbourne - Our Home" V.

They can sell as many units of dumb gimmicks as they like, but the dumb gimmicks are 100% focused on expanding the club brand, not making space for chest billboards...

roofromoz

First Grade
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but looking at the Classic page there is a category for the Titans so looks like they've signed onto Classic as well.

I'd say they just haven't updated that part of their website recently. The Titans were last with classic in 2018 and Panthers (who are also on the classic website) in 2019. I couldn't see both of them moving back to Classic next season.[/QUOTE]

Penrith signed a three year deal with O'Neills so currently until the end of 2022.

greenBV4

Bench
Honestly, it think it would be a decent rule for the ARLC to say "Each club has a core Home/Away jumper that cannot even change year to year
its the forbidden words but look to the AFL for how to do this

Home jersey's rarely if ever change but if they want to they can get creative with the clash

Latest posts