What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Let’s play coach bingo. Who could it be now ?

Slater, Sterlo, Gus, Joey, Gallen, Fittler, JT, Thaiday ... did I miss anyone?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/6251e27ea792114b4077027e7f2e6b58

COACHING CALLS FOR COMMENTATOR

There’s talk that Sunday night’s game might be the last for a prominent Channel 9 commentator, who is telling colleagues he is bored with television and wants to find a coaching gig. This is potentially a huge story if he finishes up at the club he wants to join.
My guess would be Fittler because I think he feels like he's got some unfinished business in a club coaching capacity. But I couldn't see him coaching anywhere but Bondi, maybe Penrith, and I don't foresee any head coach vacancies at either any time soon. Robinson may end up heading back to Europe at some point but you'd think Fitzgibbon would be next up. Unless Freddy is happy to work as an assistant only... Maybe

84 Baby

Referee

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/6251e27ea792114b4077027e7f2e6b58

There’s talk that Sunday night’s game might be the last for a prominent Channel 9 commentator, who is telling colleagues he is bored with television and wants to find a coaching gig. This is potentially a huge story if he finishes up at the club he wants to join.
I’d say Gallen but surely he’d do the coaching and still be commentating on Nine every f**ken chance

84 Baby

Referee

And you forgot Rabs

Eelementary

Post Whore

Being "bored" with TV sounds like a Gus Gould thing to me...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
maybe Slater or JT

Fittler / Joey all ready have coaching gigs in some capacity. And doubt either are interested in the day to day grind of NRL coaching

Gus / Sterlo to old and could do (and Gus does) coaching “side” gigs

Thaiday / Gallen don’t think are coach material more media personalities now

Joely01

Bench
Anyone who watched the Eels in the early to mid 90's cannot possible think that Blake is in the top 10.

Imo, Blake's issues are easily fixed (with consistency) and i think we saw it a couple of times this year, most recently the Souths game.

He has the potential to be a very good centre, he just needs to be consistent. He lacks follow through, when he is on (like in the Souths game) he makes good first contact and then follows through, like he enjoys the collision. When he is off he makes the contact but drops off easily, like he doesn't enjoy the collision.

Exactly right!

It’s just a pure lazy argument saying he is in the top 10, cause he clearly isn’t.
But let’s let the few that seem to get off with continually death riding anything the club or players do go!
Sad I feel