What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Trivia

horrie hastings

First Grade
Which NSWRL club were informally known as the Country Bumpkins'?

Canterbury Bankstown.
CB which stood for Canterbury Bankstown were also the initials for Country Bumpkins but they earned the Country Bumpkins tag from raiding players from the country to build their playing roster in their early years.

axl rose

Bench
Gold Coast NRL franchises have been known as Giants, Seagulls, Chargers and Titans.And played with one other name which was what?

Bit more of a tricky one...

Who was the last player to be sent off twice in consecutive matches..

Was first grade and in australia, the matches were back to back (ie wasn’t a send off, suspension, then sent off again..)

Well known player, and a cult hero to both clubs he played for.

axl rose

Bench
Bit more of a tricky one...

Who was the last player to be sent off twice in consecutive matches..

Was first grade and in australia, the matches were back to back (ie wasn’t a send off, suspension, then sent off again..)

Well known player, and a cult hero to both clubs he played for.
Id go someone with a reputation and back to the wild 70s or 80s. Maybe Les Boyd or Dallas Donnely

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Gladiators!!
Yep the mighty Gladiators. 7's plate winner or something like that anyway.

e1ba6702e9f078ab864a3bbb2de9d0d5e8d04864

axl rose

Bench
Neither of those..

It was in the late 90’s. A dragon. In Matches versus Wests, then Souths. Both for high tackles. A forward.

He played at another club in the 2000’s.
Trying to think of dirty dragons forwards, to many to name (just kidding..)

Wayne Bartrim use to sail close to the wind, think he was a still a Dragon though in the 2000s

Nah ill go Lance Thompson, even though he was a clean player. He was sort of a cult hero and did play with Sharks towards the end.

Last edited:
Trying to think of dirty dragons forwards, to many to name (just kidding..)

Wayne Bartrim use to sail close to the wind, think he was a still a Dragon though in the 2000s

Nah ill go Lance Thompson, even though he was a clean player. He was sort of a cult hero and did play with Sharks towards the end.

source.gif

It was Lance Thompson in 1998!

I actually saw this trivia in a dragons fan page I’m on. I had no idea til it was revealed. To quote the “trivia master”..

“ In Round 7 (26/4/98) he was sent off v Wests at Campbelltown for a high tackle but wasn't suspended. In Round 8 (3/5/98) he was sent off v Souths at Kogarah for another high tackle. Amazingly, St. George won both games”

Vale Thommo.

images

axl rose

Bench
It was Lance Thompson in 1998!

I actually saw this trivia in a dragons fan page I’m on. I had no idea til it was revealed. To quote the “trivia master”..

“ In Round 7 (26/4/98) he was sent off v Wests at Campbelltown for a high tackle but wasn't suspended. In Round 8 (3/5/98) he was sent off v Souths at Kogarah for another high tackle. Amazingly, St. George won both games”

Vale Thommo.

images
tenor.gif

welcome to axls simpsons gifs occasionally interrupted with trivia

Last edited:
That owner was a loose cannon. Legend has it that Muller's wife Lyn even helped pick the side based on the presentation of player's posteriors..

Anyway..

Ill swap you my delicious doorstop for your crummy old Gladiators jersey
bzfr3QwwNiB94xHN0HFM4B2eP_U=.gif

She did. And he was...

Look up Jeff muller UFO football ... so much gold on YouTube...