What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

super_coach

First Grade
Till we start winning more than 50% of our games we are going to struggle to attract top notch players. So we have to build from the bottom up, there is no other way. We need to have our recruitment people at the four corners of the earth looking for talent

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing JAC has agreed to terms but given we can't offer a like for like replacement the Storm are playing hardball, so he will be staying one more year at Storm then coming to Tigers in 2022.

By all reports he wants to come to Tigers, but obviously they had to play the contract waltz to get the best offer out of us.

I'm not expecting to make the 8 next year so 2022 is fine by me. Let Mbye play 1 in 2021 so that we can find the best centre pairing and move Mbye to bench to see out his inflated contract. Would actually work out really well if Mbye resigns with us on a bench utility contract

This has been reported previously.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a5adb110bbfd42e8db65de6fb97af8b7

FOX CLOSE TO BECOMING A TIGER

Storm speedster Josh Addo-Carr is likely to reunite with his former club the Wests Tigers next season, but Craig Bellamy wants something in return.

The Sydney Morning Heraldreports Tigers coach Michael Maguire has had a conversation with the ‘Foxx’ about becoming the club’s fullback — the position the 25-year-old had expressed his desire for playing.

Foxsports.com.au understands the Storm have actually attempted a swap deal with the Tigers, which would allow Addo-Carr to link up with the Sydney club, but Craig Bellamy wanted young gun Tommy Taulau in return — the Tigers’ best player coming through.

Tigers coach Michael Maguire is looking to add some star power to his back line after losing out to the Rabbitohs on Latrell Mitchell and Addo-Carr could provide just that along with plenty of speed.

It’s been known for a while now that Addo-Carr is hoping for a release from the final year of his contract with the Storm on compassionate grounds to return to Sydney.

Last week he signed with a new manager, putting the wheels in motion to sort out his future.

The Tigers will have to battle the cashed up Bulldogs though who have also been linked to the NSW Origin star.
JAC? Flippin 'eck.

Tigerm

First Grade
From the other site.

Josh Addo-Carr set to remain at Melbourne Storm in 2021
By Michael Chammas
November 12, 2020 — 4.55pm

Josh Addo-Carr is set to remain at Melbourne in 2021 after his manager met with the Wests Tigers on Thursday afternoon and outlined a preference for the winger to remain at the Storm next season.

It’s understood Addo-Carr has vowed to honour the heads of agreement he signed with the Wests Tigers to join the club in 2021 if he is released from the Storm, however it appears he won’t be departing the premiers just yet.

With Cameron Smith expected to hang up the boots, the Melbourne Storm may be in a position to use some of the money they had in reserve to bump up Addo-Carr’s $375,000 salary in 2021.

It’s expected the Storm will increase Addo-Carr’s deal to about $500,000, still short of the $550,000-$600,000 the Tigers were willing to pay him each season of the four year deal they posed.

Addo-Carr is off contract with the Storm after next season, with the Tigers likely to turn their attention to securing his services in 2022 following the indication that he is likely to remain at Melbourne.

More to come

From the other site.

Josh Addo-Carr set to remain at Melbourne Storm in 2021
By Michael Chammas
November 12, 2020 — 4.55pm

Josh Addo-Carr is set to remain at Melbourne in 2021 after his manager met with the Wests Tigers on Thursday afternoon and outlined a preference for the winger to remain at the Storm next season.

It’s understood Addo-Carr has vowed to honour the heads of agreement he signed with the Wests Tigers to join the club in 2021 if he is released from the Storm, however it appears he won’t be departing the premiers just yet.

With Cameron Smith expected to hang up the boots, the Melbourne Storm may be in a position to use some of the money they had in reserve to bump up Addo-Carr’s $375,000 salary in 2021.

It’s expected the Storm will increase Addo-Carr’s deal to about $500,000, still short of the $550,000-$600,000 the Tigers were willing to pay him each season of the four year deal they posed.

Addo-Carr is off contract with the Storm after next season, with the Tigers likely to turn their attention to securing his services in 2022 following the indication that he is likely to remain at Melbourne.

More to come

Take a bow @stryker.

Should have strike winger Mansour signed by Tuesday, with enough cash for some above average stock.

Things are looking up. We’ve missed another Latrell.

Tigerm

First Grade
Take a bow @stryker.

Should have strike winger Mansour signed by Tuesday, with enough cash for some above average stock.

Things are looking up. We’ve missed another Latrell.
He probably played us to secure a better deal at Storm, who all of a sudden opened there purse.
2022 he will get huge offers anyway.
But the bloke is a damn good player and I think would have done a lot for the club besides his footy skills.
Does have a bit of LM grubbiness about it, so I hope we continue on and find talent that will want to be here and don’t look back at these blokes.

When all is said and done, there are not a lot of players worth the massive overs who play with consistent excellence.

They all have their spells in stock land. It’s just the duration that makes the difference.

I am a little bit worried about my Munster and what is to become of him after that whack.

Even the slightest bit of gingerness, hesitation etc can really screw over an elite. Each player handles shock and awe differently.

There’s impact and then there is impact.

Tigerm

First Grade
When all is said and done, there are not a lot of players worth the massive overs who play with consistent excellence.

They all have their spells in stock land. It’s just the duration that makes the difference.

I am a little bit worried about my Munster and what is to become of him after that whack.

Even the slightest bit of gingerness, hesitation etc can really screw over an elite. Each player handles shock and awe differently.

There’s impact and then there is impact.
That’s why I am surprised that these players don’t take the money, good players will always shine. Our own RF did it.
But they are all just a tackle away from not playing again, those $’000’s will help in the future. Just crazy, I wonder if there mates will help them then.

Tiger05

First Grade
This is crazy news. I still think JAC is a perfect signing for us because he has express pace. I'd love him here. I'd also love Latrell here and even Turdesco.

We just gotta move on and see what happens next. One thing I'd state is that we are playing the game with no positive results just yet but we can turn it around.

Turning it around though is going to be really tough for us. I think we are going to have to do it via the development path which is cool by me but it's going to take time.

This is crazy news. I still think JAC is a perfect signing for us because he has express pace. I'd love him here. I'd also love Latrell here and even Turdesco.

We just gotta move on and see what happens next. One thing I'd state is that we are playing the game with no positive results just yet but we can turn it around.

Turning it around though is going to be really tough for us. I think we are going to have to do it via the development path which is cool by me but it's going to take time.

Buyers market and cash arriving 2022.

Just have to chill a bit, see some kind of growth and development next year.

Madge is his own harshest critic and will be looking closely at where the rails fell off for individual players last season.

And that would most definitely include his own engagements with them.

He ripped through the assistants ranks I think.

He’s tough but not an arrogant man.

He knows the path to a gf. He’s not having a stab at it.

It takes awhile to bring a club up to muster.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Got my members media release...The clubs version of events, Melbourne refused JAC a release so he is staying in Melbourne for 2021, but if a release had been granted he would have taken up a four year deal with us as we held a binding agreement.

Well their explanation was close to the truth but in reality... JAC management have gone to the Storm and said..the Fox will hang around for another year and see out his contract but will need a top up...than he will head back to Sydney without any legal ties to the Tigers. Basically Melbourne win and Fox goes to Souths or Easts.

Questions have to be asked of the people in charge...why are we on the nose with the players and the media. At present we have a major part of our cap tied up in duds and can’t attract a marquee player

Got my members media release...The clubs version of events, Melbourne refused JAC a release so he is staying in Melbourne for 2021, but if a release had been granted he would have taken up a four year deal with us as we held a binding agreement.

Well their explanation was close to the truth but in reality... JAC management have gone to the Storm and said..the Fox will hang around for another year and see out his contract but will need a top up...than he will head back to Sydney without any legal ties to the Tigers. Basically Melbourne win and Fox goes to Souths or Easts.

Questions have to be asked of the people in charge...why are we on the nose with the players and the media. At present we have a major part of our cap tied up in duds and can’t attract a marquee player

Still deciding which package suits.

Pascoe agrees with your cap assessment. He’s been up front about it.

Tigerm

First Grade

Don’t necessarily agree with all this, Melbourne were always in the box seat and will need JAC next year, so I can’t blame them for playing hardball.

JAC has probably changed his mind, the brotherhood is strong, though you have to wonder if he was ever really going to come or did he just use us to get more cash from the Storm? But we will have to wait and see, we are flush with cash come 2022.

Who are we on the nose with? Some disgruntled players and journo’s looking for stories.

You are right about our current salary cap situation, but that changes at the end of next year.

I do agree, we need to start being consistent to attract better quality players.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is not about Melbourne or the Tigers not doing a trade. This is about JAC wanting more money or a chance to go to Souths.

I reckon Michale Chammas is spot on.
Well the question is, should we have given him the $800k and get on with it?

Fordy20

Juniors
That’s why I am surprised that these players don’t take the money, good players will always shine. Our own RF did it.
But they are all just a tackle away from not playing again, those $’000’s will help in the future. Just crazy, I wonder if there mates will help them then.

While I'm gald Farah stayed with us, it probably would have been better for his career if he went to the Titans when they tried to poach him. Titans wouldn't have had to wait this long to get a premiership.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors

If JAC only signed a heads of agreement then Pascoe and co are lying to the members. A heads of agreement is non binding.

See below

https://www.google.com/search?q=hea...hrome..69i57.990j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

WA Tiger

Bench
No need for the press releases Some of us predicted the WT would fk these JAC negotiations up by not paying more than standard to get a superstar..and they did.. WT statement this morning..”After past bad decisions No overs will henceforth be paid to any player joining WT. We are proud of this and we now have a proven 10 step 10 person recruitment process that needs a majority vote to get a decision and a lawyer at the top to use wishy washy legal statements to confuse ..Weve also built our own celebratory “no overs considered” premiership shield to encourage our club to achieve this honour (after all others perception of what we do is what’s most important) and will be presented on awards night each year to the person in management most resistant to overs being paid to player during the previous 12 months. Other results in the mean time eg a real premiership are important but first things first right?

Last edited: