What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

Das Hassler

Bench
We will have to see where the chips fall, but ultimately JAC for Talau is a good deal for us. I agree that we shouldn't have to give up a player, but are we really going to call Melbourne's bluff and lose out on a representative player who actually wants to play for us?

If JAC kills it at fullback, or at the bare minimum continues his Melbourne form on the wing, he is adding more value than Packer, Reynolds and McQueen combined.

When it comes right down to it JAC wants to leave a year from the end of his contract...he's a valuable and very effective player for Melbourne so it's understandable that they want compensation but...it seems to me that it could / should really be a matter of loaning them Talau for one season....not "giving them him"...now THAT would be a win / win for us...we get Josh and young Talau returns after spending 12 months at RL university.

Tigerm

First Grade
We will have to see where the chips fall, but ultimately JAC for Talau is a good deal for us. I agree that we shouldn't have to give up a player, but are we really going to call Melbourne's bluff and lose out on a representative player who actually wants to play for us?

If JAC kills it at fullback, or at the bare minimum continues his Melbourne form on the wing, he is adding more value than Packer, Reynolds and McQueen combined.
Exactly

BrotherJim05

Bench
When it comes right down to it JAC wants to leave a year from the end of his contract...he's a valuable and very effective player for Melbourne so it's understandable that they want compensation but...it seems to me that it could / should really be a matter of loaning them Talau for one season....not "giving them him"...now THAT would be a win / win for us...we get Josh and young Talau returns after spending 12 months at RL university.

I don't think they would accept a 1-year loan but yeah would be awesome if they did

WA Tiger

Bench
He can get one. Just one that is beneficial to both the Tigers and JAC.
05 I think Ive finally worked out how/why you think the way you do. The source of your logic...It’s computer logic ..That’s your job..input = output 10010...What is right is that JAC gets what a good winger should get $5-600k no more..The programmed amount is set and that’s that..Other subtleties/considerations don’t come into it..they are not important because they are not part of the programme. That’s why whenever you talk about eg Mbye Reynolds you always go back to the worth of the player not equaling what they get paid..that drives you up the wall..because for you it contradicts the exact “programmed” amount they should get for their skill level. Whereas I can mostly get passed that and just look at their skills only and say in or out..so you are not just being difficult at times

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
05 I think Ive finally worked out how/why you think the way you do. The source of your logic...It’s computer logic ..That’s your job..input = output 10010...What is right is that JAC gets what a good winger should get $5-600k no more..The programmed amount is set and that’s that..Other subtleties/considerations don’t come into it..they are not important because they are not part of the programme. That’s why whenever you talk about eg Mbye Reynolds you always go back to the worth of the player not equaling what they get paid..that drives you up the wall..because for you it contradicts the exact “programmed” amount they should get for their skill
level. Whereas I can mostly get passed that and just look at their skills only and say in or out..so you are not just being difficult at times

Lol

Tiger05

First Grade
05 I think Ive finally worked out how/why you think the way you do. The source of your logic...It’s computer logic ..That’s your job..input = output 10010...What is right is that JAC gets what a good winger should get $5-600k no more..The programmed amount is set and that’s that..Other subtleties/considerations don’t come into it..they are not important because they are not part of the programme. That’s why whenever you talk about eg Mbye Reynolds you always go back to the worth of the player not equaling what they get paid..that drives you up the wall..because for you it contradicts the exact “programmed” amount they should get for their skill
level. Whereas I can mostly get passed that and just look at their skills only and say in or out..so you are not just being difficult at times

I agree. It all comes down to cap management. It comes down to value for money for on field performances.

Tiger05

First Grade
I've heard (read on another forum) that the club are not interested in securing JAC on fullback money and they won't get involved in a circus.

I freaken hope that this is true. It's time this club showed they have a set of nuts.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I've heard (read on another forum) that the club are not interested in securing JAC on fullback money and they won't get involved in a circus.

I freaken hope that this is true. It's time this club showed they have a set of nuts.

If this is true, maybe Madge sees AD as a fullback after all

Das Hassler

Bench
Just watching the storm manly game. ...any talk of JAC " stupid money" is just total nonsense. ...he's worth whatever a club can pay him regardless of whatever position he plays. ..there just isn't a rational argument for putting any cap on his worth.

And i'll add his 80th minute 80 metre effort under the black dot for punctuation

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Just watching the storm manly game. ...any talk of JAC " stupid money" is just total nonsense. ...he's worth whatever a club can pay him regardless of whatever position he plays. ..there just isn't a rational argument for putting any cap on his worth.

And i'll add his 80th minute 80 metre effort under the black dot for punctuation

I'll give you one good reason. If we screw our cap we will be screwed for another 5 years. I want him here as well. We need a left winger. We just can't screw ourselves over.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'll give you one good reason. If we screw our cap we will be screwed for another 5 years. I want him here as well. We need a left winger. We just can't screw ourselves over.
If we don’t get good players we won’t get good results.
You do not get good players for nothing.
The bloke is in his prime and one of the best players on the planet.

Tiger05

First Grade
If we don’t get good players we won’t get good results.
You do not get good players for nothing.
The bloke is in his prime and one of the best players on the planet.

I agree he is a gun and we need his pace. That left wing spot is one of our weaker positions as well. We need him here but if we pay him way overs it will just stop us recruiting more talent.

That article on us having 1 million to spend on 4-5 spots or whatever it was shows how bad our cap position is.

Fordy20

Juniors
Speed is one thing that can't be coached and JAC has it in spades. If we have to offer him first crack at the fullback position to get him to come across, then I don't see a problem. It's exactly what Mary did to keep Lomax and Lomax played a grand total of one game at fullback before settling in at centre where he belongs.

Personally, I don't think it's going to happen and we're better off signing a cheapie like Aekins for two years to play fullback while we wait for Mbye, Reynolds and Packer's contracts to expire and sort out our halves and centres.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is starting to look like LM v2?

I hope he comes, but it’s looking more likely he is not.

Hopefully we have a deadline date on the offer he was tabled, so we don’t lose out in the market place.

There are reported signings at many clubs except ours.

stryker

First Grade
Personally, I'd rather go for Nicho Hynes. JAC seems to want to go to a stronger club....I think Nicho Hynes suits our needs a bit more.
Yeah I tend to agree.
Career wise, JAC to tigers makes no sense. The guy is still playing top level rep footy and it would be a financial risk playing for a cellar dweller.
Someone like Hynes however does make sense. He looked upset at how little he was used during the finals and at a club like ours he will have 80 minutes a week to show his wares. He actively looks for the ball and is on the way up.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah I tend to agree.
Career wise, JAC to tigers makes no sense. The guy is still playing top level rep footy and it would be a financial risk playing for a cellar dweller.
Someone like Hynes however does make sense. He looked upset at how little he was used during the finals and at a club like ours he will have 80 minutes a week to show his wares. He actively looks for the ball and is on the way up.

The reason we are a cellar dweller is because we can't sign quality players like JAC. I'm hearing all these reports that Bulldogs are likely to sign him, along with Flanagan and potentially Burton.

Not sure whether this is all true, but it is legit insane that bottom four teams like bulldogs can just sign a host of quality players and get themselves back into the winning circle. It drives me crazy and makes me wonder why bother supporting a team that is so unfairly disadvantaged