What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
Does it matter whether he took a little discount or a lot? He didn't like what's happened and some fans (who can't justify the opinion) believe he was disrespected/treated badly. There was always going to be some emotion around Mansour being basically the biggest fan favourite at the club.

In the end it is justified on the club's part as they have to pick the best 17 in their mind and Staines is one of the wingers. It was always coming with his age either now or in another year. At least they gave him the respect to have a conversation and not find out from the media like benji.

Not much more can be said on it.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
Weidler in his article overnight said thet Penrith weren't happy with Josh's outburst. Weidler then went on to say that Sauce was unhappy that he was told about not being wanted and it happened in such a public space.

My question is how old is Mansour's emotional maturity.....?
He was told about this in a restaurant, I am pretty sure that the other patrons, and staff, will not have overheard their conversations.

Blade23

Juniors
Sorry I have to add my two cents on Mansour. Again.

The club has been good to him over the years, with his ACL and his horrific face injury. They gave him his chance when nobody else would. He repaid the club's faith by passionate and loyal service. Twice he took less to stay. He is not the first player to take less to stay many have done so.

He had been at the club for 9 years and felt like part of the family. I don't use that term lightly.
He is one of the most passionate players I have ever come across. I can't remember a player so openly passionate about the Panthers.

He has every right to express his disappointment. I don't think less of him for that. We had just lost the GF and I still have the shits nearly a month later. I don't blame him for his outburst 2 days after a GF loss. That response doesn't faze me.
There is never a perfect time to handle these situations. I don't think the club got the timing right, nor the location. Sometimes no matter the situation you can't win.

It is a hard decision and the right time for the club to move on. He had a good year but the pace has slowed. We were lucky this year more clubs didn't grubber kick to his corner to try and turn him around quickly. Anyone with pace on a precision kick would have pulled his pants down.

He will be a loss. Off the field he is very popular, Some players are upset by this. On the field, we have a great pack but he has been a great asset to start our sets off our line. Others will have to pick up the slack there.

The club has good people in S & C, they know what to do and will work hard to get Staines right in the off season. It will be good to have a winger that is fast and a serious aerial threat.

In an ideal situation, we would have won the GF and he could have gone to ESL to finish his career. That didn't happen. Life sometimes can be hard and unfair, at times. They don't all get fairytales.

Mansour will get another deal and land on his feet. It is not the end of the road for him.

Jane Murray

Bench

The club has been good to him over the years, with his ACL and his horrific face injury. They gave him his chance when nobody else would. He repaid the club's faith by passionate and loyal service. Twice he took less to stay. He is not the first player to take less to stay many have done so.

He had been at the club for 9 years and felt like part of the family. I don't use that term lightly.
He is one of the most passionate players I have ever come across. I can't remember a player so openly passionate about the Panthers.

He has every right to express his disappointment. I don't think less of him for that. We had just lost the GF and I still have the shits nearly a month later. I don't blame him for his outburst 2 days after a GF loss. That response doesn't faze me.
There is never a perfect time to handle these situations. I don't think the club got the timing right, nor the location. Sometimes no matter the situation you can't win.

It is a hard decision and the right time for the club to move on. He had a good year but the pace has slowed. We were lucky this year more clubs didn't grubber kick to his corner to try and turn him around quickly. Anyone with pace on a precision kick would have pulled his pants down.

He will be a loss. Off the field he is very popular, Some players are upset by this. On the field, we have a great pack but he has been a great asset to start our sets off our line. Others will have to pick up the slack there.

The club has good people in S & C, they know what to do and will work hard to get Staines right in the off season. It will be good to have a winger that is fast and a serious aerial threat.

In an ideal situation, we would have won the GF and he could have gone to ESL to finish his career. That didn't happen. Life sometimes can be hard and unfair, at times. They don't all get fairytales.

Mansour will get another deal and land on his feet. It is not the end of the road for him.
I hope that none of the upset players leave?

Kilkenny

Coach

Great post, well said.

CoachCleary

Juniors
a

Well said. He is still an NRL Standard Winger, however we are in a purple patch with with talent coming through and part of the negotiations with Staines were no doubt that he would be offered the opportunity to first grade, otherwise he would have taken more money to go elsewhere and start. It is a shame for Josh, and he is still a good enough winger to start at many clubs. Unfortunately, it would be detrimental to the club to hold in for another year and limit the progress of others.

Kilkenny

Coach
Blade may be better placed than me to provide an opinion on the likes of the Stephen Crichton situation but it just seems to me we perhaps should have moved on the handshake deal to a signed sealed and delivered deal. I understand there were issues around his wanting to change managers but it may be it has potentially backfired on us and it doesn’t just impact on our retention of him but others as well. From my perspective the last thing we need is to get into any bidding war around Crichton. It is a cut throat business i know but in some respects it only adds to the loyalty shown by Mansour to our club during two previous contract negotiations. I am hoping the likes of Crichton and one or two others demonstrate a degree of loyalty in what is for the most part there first real contract with our club who have done a lot for them. Interesting few weeks ahead.

Kilkenny

Coach
I hope that none of the upset players leave?

I’ve been doing the sums for a month or so now basically since it was confirmed Tamou was leaving.

Mid season we allowed both Bloresto leave, Kaide Ellis and Jed Cartwright to leave.

Post season Aekins, Tamou, Mansour (who not official will move on to the Tigers now JAC staying at the Storm) and Hetherington all players on significant contracts so potentially $1.5M or more if you believe Jack was on 400K.

MWZ, McGrady and Pat Hollis not retained. Not a lot of money there but still some.

Jennings, Eusenhuth two new recruits.

The media are largely portraying a scenario where we remain in dire straits cap wise.

I just don’t see the doom and gloom unless we are considering paying overs for Crichton, Burton and perhaps Lenui/Laui. All four should be able to be retained for a combined $2M one would think.

It is interesting, I would rather see us suck up and lose one of the big four rather than get involved in biddings wars which may result in two of the above leaving.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I tend to agree. Add in Yeo too.

I'm not confident about Burton staying, Laurie even less so.

The Crighton situation is becomming like Blue Hills going on forever.

Maybe the idea for me is to just for whoever runs out in our jersey come 2021.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t get it. We appear to be in a world of hurt cap wise and our main rivals, particularly the three other clubs who made the top four seem to be in much a better shape with as many big coin earners in there roster.

Jane Murray

Bench
I’ve been doing the sums for a month or so now basically since it was confirmed Tamou was leaving.

Mid season we allowed both Bloresto leave, Kaide Ellis and Jed Cartwright to leave.

Post season Aekins, Tamou, Mansour (who not official will move on to the Tigers now JAC staying at the Storm) and Hetherington all players on significant contracts so potentially $1.5M or more if you believe Jack was on 400K.

MWZ, McGrady and Pat Hollis not retained. Not a lot of money there but still some.

Jennings, Eusenhuth two new recruits.

The media are largely portraying a scenario where we remain in dire straits cap wise.

I just don’t see the doom and gloom unless we are considering paying overs for Crichton, Burton and perhaps Lenui/Laui. All four should be able to be retained for a combined $2M one would think.

It is interesting, I would rather see us suck up and lose one of the big four rather than get involved in biddings wars which may result in two of the above leaving.
Hopefully, Matt stays, and that applies to the others. There hasn't been a peep, any quotes I should say, about Burton, and Leniu, so hopefully they all re-sign.

murraymob

Coach
Blade
Just curious after seeing some dogs signings.What is the qualification to be classed as a devolopment player
Are there limits example age amount paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts