What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors
He came down from keebra park I think, he is supposed to be an extremely quick back rower, again I don’t know to much about him but blade and others have mentioned he is a chance at a development contract for next year which puts him on the fast track.

Ipswich actually. The Keebra park link is he chased down a known speedster from there.

Ativalu Lisati. Quietly spoken forward who is lightning fast. Doesn't drop off over a long distance either.
No reserves this year hurt him along with others.

betcats

Referee
Ipswich actually. The Keebra park link is he chased down a known speedster from there.

Ativalu Lisati. Quietly spoken forward who is lightning fast. Doesn't drop off over a long distance either.
No reserves this year hurt him along with others.

Thanks.

How’s Lindsay Smith going? Will he be in the mix next year?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Don’t feel bad fir sauce at all. We told him he was going to lose his spot in order to give him as much time to move on if he spit the dummy about not being a walk up start at 30. What did the dope think was going to happen? Any chance of him keeping Staines out when out the window in the finals. He bombed an easy try(would’ve been one of best of the season) cause he can’t pass which is an essential skill for an nrl player and then he dropped off the vunivalu tackle after the intercept, two big plays he couldn’t make that Staines would’ve done easily. Staines through a harder pass in his rookie game to set up a try ffs and sauce can’t do it after all this time, cya mate. People want run down Staines cause he has been injured are silly, plenty of young rugby league players get hurt, Staines is going to be a shit ton better than sauce next year.

I so agree Betcats....I so agree.

Sauce being one of my fav players ever. His dummy spit over 2021 has kinda shocked me, I thought he had more self awareness than that.

Staines with a full pre-season under his belt I'm sure will be quite amazing.

mxlegend99

Referee
So who do we think is offering Crichton the big dollars?
There is a lot of speculation but I haven’t heard much about real alternatives for him.
The whole situation is making me nauseous, once the “I have to think about the family “ mantra comes out it is always a bad sign.
Its amazing... How do 99.9% of families get by without their kids earning millions of dollars to look out for them?

Crichton will likely earn more in his career than an average person earns in a lifetime. Even if he takes a measly $500k a season for the next 3 years.

Honestly the longer this drags on the less upsetting it will be to see him leave. He might do more for us in the longterm by leaving and destroying another teams cap than he could ever do by staying here and hurting ours

betcats

Referee
I so agree Betcats....I so agree.

Sauce being one of my fav players ever. His dummy spit over 2021 has kinda shocked me, I thought he had more self awareness than that.

Staines with a full pre-season under his belt I'm sure will be quite amazing.

Yep I respect him immensely for taking less and staying loyal but that doesn’t mean he is a sure starter until he retires, no doubt we are trying to free up salary cap space but that doesn’t mean it isn’t also in his best interest to find out this news asap. Would he prefer to find out a week before round one we plan on playing him in reserve grade? Surely that makes it harder for him to land somewhere else if he isn’t willing to play reserve grade.

WestyLife

First Grade
Its amazing... How do 99.9% of families get by without their kids earning millions of dollars to look out for them?

Crichton will likely earn more in his career than an average person earns in a lifetime. Even if he takes a measly $500k a season for the next 3 years.

Honestly the longer this drags on the less upsetting it will be to see him leave. He might do more for us in the longterm by leaving and destroying another teams cap than he could ever do by staying here and hurting ours

He can set him self up for life and continue playing for Panthers. Any extra is just because he can.

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23 do the club see Critter as our fullback within the next few years and what does he see himself as?

They are very open to it. Staines too.
If I was Edwards I wouldn't want a long term injury in the next year or 2. Either could easily take the position.
He is happy in the centres at the moment, but I know he is quite keen to play fullback later down the track.

Jane Murray

Bench
If I was Edwards I wouldn't want a long term injury in the next year or 2. Either could easily take the position.
He is happy in the centres at the moment, but I know he is quite keen to play fullback later down the track.
Any more info about Burton, Leniu, Liau, and Yeo?

WestyLife

First Grade
No offense to Edwards I'm a fan but just on skill I can see him losing the spot.

WestyLife

First Grade

Rumors from the Kennel. Sound about right?rumor.PNG

betcats

Referee

I wouldn’t sweat the delays, I think his comments are just aimed upping the pressure on the club to pay him, no doubt he’s speaking his managers words. It sucks that we have to pay Critta more than they agreed originally but there is a reason clubs are offering him fullback money despite only playing some odd minutes there, he wasn’t a fullback in the juniors. He is talented enough that clubs will take a big gamble on him. Another offseason for him will be huge, if he can put on a few kilos of muscle he is going to be a beast, I think there is every chance he could perform like 700k player as early as next year.

Jane Murray

Bench
I wouldn’t sweat the delays, I think his comments are just aimed upping the pressure on the club to pay him, no doubt he’s speaking his managers words. It sucks that we have to pay Critta more than they agreed originally but there is a reason clubs are offering him fullback money despite only playing some odd minutes there, he wasn’t a fullback in the juniors. He is talented enough that clubs will take a big gamble on him. Another offseason for him will be huge, if he can put on a few kilos of muscle he is going to be a beast, I think there is every chance he could perform like 700k player as early as next year.

Over three years? Also, what about the other players that the club is trying to re-sign?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yep I respect him immensely for taking less and staying loyal but that doesn’t mean he is a sure starter until he retires, no doubt we are trying to free up salary cap space but that doesn’t mean it isn’t also in his best interest to find out this news asap. Would he prefer to find out a week before round one we plan on playing him in reserve grade? Surely that makes it harder for him to land somewhere else if he isn’t willing to play reserve grade.

Again Betcats to quote an old rocker 'ya took the words right out of my mouth'

Now this is a very personal opinion- mine.

I'm more than a bit saddened with Sauce choosing to carry on like a Bridzilla after the breakfast meeting.

I really don't think he's done himself any favours by this outburst in the media.

Yep I know you've taken less to stay at Penrith over 2 contracts. I am many others appreciate that.

But in saying that Josh that doesn't give you the right to expect to play first grade in 2021, if there is someone perfoming better than you.

It's not all about you Josh. It's about what's best for the team.

In my eyes he's tarnished his legacy more than a bit.

Especially when you look at blokes like Royce Symmonds. Dropped a number of times during this last year at the club.
Then sacked as coach after a player revolt.

Did Roycie run to the media yelling 'Woe is me'. No Royce found a job as an assistant at the W/T during that time a premiership ring was won.

Came back with Gus as an ambassador .

Perhaps Josh you should be taking your cues from players like Royce who let their footy, then their skills do the talking for them, rather than running to the media, yelling outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts