What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Mcinnes

getsmarty

Immortal
DRAGONS SKIPPER COULD TEST OPEN MARKET

Meanwhile, one of the Dragons’ best in another disappointing season could be on the move.

Cameron McInnes comes off-contract at the end of 2021 and Hooper reports that there has been talk that he will test his value.

“He’s signed with the Red V for next season and will be there but beyond that there’s been some talk late this week that Cameron will go out and test his value on the open market next week,” Hooper told Triple M NRL’s Summer Session.

“I think we will actually see him physically go out and meet with some rival clubs for 2022 and beyond.

“He’s on the record saying he wants to play number 9, and I can totally understand that, he’s one of the best hookers in the game.

“But we did see this season just finished he had some success filling in as a small running lock forward style of role.”

Former Dragons coach Paul McGregor has previously stated that re-signing McInnes should be the club’s top priority.

“The Dragons are lucky to have him, and my only hope is they do everything to keep him. If he comes off contract there will be plenty of clubs after him,” he told the Sydney Morning Heraldin September.

The Dragons will be keen on re-signing McInnes given his undeniable leadership value but he will also garner plenty of interest from other clubs so they will need to move fast.

6bd465cfad94cc07c2fc5766e454f399

Cameron McInnes comes off-contract at the end of 2021. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
DRAGONS SKIPPER COULD TEST OPEN MARKET

Meanwhile, one of the Dragons’ best in another disappointing season could be on the move.

Cameron McInnes comes off-contract at the end of 2021 and Hooper reports that there has been talk that he will test his value.

“He’s signed with the Red V for next season and will be there but beyond that there’s been some talk late this week that Cameron will go out and test his value on the open market next week,” Hooper told Triple M NRL’s Summer Session.

“I think we will actually see him physically go out and meet with some rival clubs for 2022 and beyond.

“He’s on the record saying he wants to play number 9, and I can totally understand that, he’s one of the best hookers in the game.

“But we did see this season just finished he had some success filling in as a small running lock forward style of role.”

Former Dragons coach Paul McGregor has previously stated that re-signing McInnes should be the club’s top priority.

“The Dragons are lucky to have him, and my only hope is they do everything to keep him. If he comes off contract there will be plenty of clubs after him,” he told the Sydney Morning Heraldin September.

The Dragons will be keen on re-signing McInnes given his undeniable leadership value but he will also garner plenty of interest from other clubs so they will need to move fast.

6bd465cfad94cc07c2fc5766e454f399

Cameron McInnes comes off-contract at the end of 2021. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

:sob:

possm

Coach
Personally, I wouldn't think he'd he going anywhere. More likely his manager wanring us to get off our hands and start the resigning process.

Just my take on it.
Because Hunt has taken up his options and is now part of the squad for the foreseeable future, Griffin would be weighing up his options. What does he do if he is stuck with Hunt for the rest of his current contract when Hunt is just not cutting it as a halfback. So there lies the dilemma and the reason for the delay in signing McInnes.

McInnes's contract will conclude at the end of 2021 and so if he is alloow to leave, Griffin will most probably sltot hunt into the 9 jumper and Bird and Sullivan into the halves. Freeing up about 1.4m to spend on upgrading some of the new to first grade local juniors and further strenghting his forward pack.

The alternative is to extend and upgrade McInnes's contract and find a home elsewhere for Hunt. This solution would see the Saints with a similar amount of cap left to do the same. The Hunt to another club would be a much more difficult solution to achieve.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I disagree. He is in the top 3 hookers for NSW and would be chased by a few clubs on the open market.

He probably is in the top three for NSW. I still reckon Smith, Cook, Friend, Harry Grant, Api Korisau and Josh Hodgson are better hookers. They all have better attacking skills than McInnis.

Anyway, he is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for him. Does anyone know what sort of money he is on?

possm

Coach
I believe McInnes is on similar money to that of Sims, just below what De Belin and Frizell were on: about 500k. I'd say he will be looking for 600k but won't get it from Saints.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
$600k seems reasonable. I'd be surprised if Dragons wouldn't match that, given he is captain.
I’d certainly pay at least that unless we could get the big cheese. Not many gun 9s going around that are available. Grant has probably shot to the top for me but Melbourne will lock him up. Cook is getting to the end, Koroisau is wrapped up. We don’t have anyone coming through the ranks that could look like premiership rakes to me unless we resign ourselves to Hunt finishing his career as a 9 for us and aim to develop or buy someone in 2-3 years. BB actually provides very good service imo, not sure if he’s top 4 hooker material but in the trials and games he’s played I thought he really got us going forward and changed the game when he came on. Keen to see him in CC this year. I think he similar age to McInnes though.

St Tangles

Bench
I like McInnes and his defence is awesome

The question for me is can he lift in attack

He does it once every now and then but not enough

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

He runs very well and has a good passing game. I just think we need a game plan that suits his style and a forward or two with an offload and he will kill it.

BLM01

First Grade

I agree without trying to knock him. He is wholehearted and an asset no doubt.
He has proven in the past he has speed..I just guess numbnuts's game plans and use of Cam tackling himself to a standstill justs inhibits his effectiveness or willingness to run more.
Yes all hookers rack up big numbers in defence, but Cam loves the collision, maybe he just needs to be utilised more in some attacking plans.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Doesn't run enough

I've seen him do some excellent runs but needs to do it more
Yeah I know he has to do it more, but he has underrated speed and is a powerful runner. If he was on the front foot more often he’d run more. Hard to run effectively from dummy half off slow play the balls and from a standing start, when the markers are set. If our forwards improve he will improve without question. Very interested to see how he goes under a new game plan.

Latest posts