What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breakout Season/Surprise Packet 2021

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Who will have a breakout season in 2021 and who will be the surprise packet of 2021? For me this season I think Kerr will finally have his breakout season with the confidence gained from the Qld camp. I picked him last year and while he did probably become a solid first grader he never really dominated week in week out. Hopefully this is the year he starts to push Vaughan and becomes more dominant week in week out. Surprise packet I hope is Tyrell Fuimaono, he has played junior NSW at right centre and has a great offload and plenty of speed and power but some bad handling at times last year. I feel he never got a decent run with Mary and with a really good off season he could replace Friz imo. Ford is another candidate but is a left side player. I see him long term replacing Sims but he could easily be the one to have a breakout year. Thoughts?

redv13

Bench
Who will have a breakout season in 2021 and who will be the surprise packet of 2021? For me this season I think Kerr will finally have his breakout season with the confidence gained from the Qld camp. I picked him last year and while he did probably become a solid first grader he never really dominated week in week out. Hopefully this is the year he starts to push Vaughan and becomes more dominant week in week out. Surprise packet I hope is Tyrell Fuimaono, he has played junior NSW at right centre and has a great offload and plenty of speed and power but some bad handling at times last year. I feel he never got a decent run with Mary and with a really good off season he could replace Friz imo. Ford is another candidate but is a left side player. I see him long term replacing Sims but he could easily be the one to have a breakout year. Thoughts?
Hope your right about Fui. I remember early days both Beau Scott and Matt Prior had terrible hands too. They turned out alright didn’t they!! Definite potential for him and hopefully hook and his staff can iron out the issues

Lomax if he can stay healthy is in for a big year too.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Cody Ramsey if he stays fit.

I have two potential breakout players;

I think James Schiller will be pushing for first grade in 2021 I predict he’ll make his debut in the later stages of the season similar to Ramsey last season. The heat will be on Dufty to maintain his form, his tackle efficiency was only 71% in 2020 which is not good enough.

Second is Jordan Pereira, he’s 182cm 97kg in 2020 he had 77 tackle busts & averaged 167 meters per game both team highs. Even though he had 7 line breaks he only scored one try, not good enough for a winger. Sure Euan Aitken game him virtually no service but still he’s never been a prolific try scorer. I want him brought into the second row where his hard running & tackle busts are very much needed. He’d need to lift his defence & fitness, nothing a great offseason can’t fix.

TruSaint

Referee
Hope your right about Fui. I remember early days both Beau Scott and Matt Prior had terrible hands too. They turned out alright didn’t they!! Definite potential for him and hopefully hook and his staff can iron out the issues

Lomax if he can stay healthy is in for a big year too.

Prior was getting smashed on this very forum early on.
Next minute, premiership winner x 2.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Sorry I can’t agree RE Fuimaono I think he’s slow & undersized to be an effective edge backrower he had no line breaks or line brake assists in 2020. If he improved his fitness & work rate perhaps he could spend time at lock. His tackle efficiency was 92.8 in 2020 so he’d be a handy defender in the middle.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Here's hoping our halves pairing, ( Norman & Hunt ) with much direction from Hook & Co, can finally find their feet and make a fist of it.
If they do, the rest of the team can feed off them and get the points.

Throw Junior Amone into the mix as well. If Hunt is still playing terribly & we’re out of the finals race Amone could get a run.

TruSaint

Referee
Definite forum whipping boy. Now it’s Lawrie’s turn ( not that I agree with that )

There will always be one.

:)

Anyway, I would like to see Lomax go that extra level next season. We also need one or more of our young forwards to step up as well.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
There will always be one.

:)

Anyway, I would like to see Lomax go that extra level next season. We also need one or more of our young forwards to step up as well.
Haha, that's why I picked Kerr and Fuimaono, because we need a few to rise with the lack of purchases. Either one of Ford of Fuimaono should be able to replace Friz and the battle will do both good. I think Ford has more potential but for some reason I just think a really good off season and a new coach plus the new rules could suit Fuimaono as a natural right sided player. He looked very promising in his first year but wasn't too good this season but he's no Robinson Crusoe when it comes to going backwards under our previous regime.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Oh I agree, just saying how wrong many fans are.
Once they get an impression of a player, good or bad, they stick with it.

For mine any player who contributed to the 2010 Premiership will always be special, that’s why I generally gave Merrin a pass last season. But in saying that we really need him to step up 2021 & cover Lock until (hopefully) de Belin can return in April/May

Gareth67

First Grade
I will go for Josh Kerr as well as well as couple of other young fellas . Big Josh has never really been coached correctly - outside of the S.O.O. and with the new gents in charge will be able to give him a far better understanding of what is expected of a prop forward .

Cody Ramsey to come of age and become a real thorn in the opposition defense.