What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
With Allen moving to allow Souths to pick up Mansour, does that mean Penrith will release Laurie a year early to us?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
With Allen moving to allow Souths to pick up Mansour, does that mean Penrith will release Laurie a year early to us?

what advantage would that be though for Penrith. Maybe if a player like Cini was offered, or a transfer fee. At the moment Laurie gives Penrith some much needed depth

I would imagine there would need to be a sweetener.

It’s a shame, but Penrith would be crazy to release Laurie early. I don’t think Ivan has a conscience so no release would seem likely. He’ll get promoted to the top 30 eventually (like Parra did with Uto last year) otherwise can’t play until June. No point having a development player if there is no benefit in developing him. It sucks for Laurie, but he’s not whinging to his credit.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s a shame, but Penrith would be crazy to release Laurie early. I don’t think Ivan has a conscience so no release would seem likely. He’ll get promoted to the top 30 eventually (like Parra did with Uto last year) otherwise can’t play until June. No point having a development player if there is no benefit in developing him. It sucks for Laurie, but he’s not whinging to his credit.

It's a coaches job to win footy games and then hopefully a title. Opposition coaches are not out there attempting to be polite of accomadating to opposition teams (or fans)

WA Tiger

Bench
It's a coaches job to win footy games and then hopefully a title. Opposition coaches are not out there attempting to be polite of accomadating to opposition teams (or fans)
You pretty much said that in your first post and then the next post agreed with you. Less is more, esp as a vistor. Otherwise its profound and useful to Pest like.

Last edited:
Laurie won't be coming here.

He's on development, isn't in the 30 and will be useful if the shit hits the fan with injuries late in year.

Unless horse trading takes place, we will not see him until 2022.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Laurie won't be coming here.

He's on development, isn't in the 30 and will be useful if the shit hits the fan with injuries late in year.

Unless horse trading takes place, we will not see him until 2022.

Of course not. When Ivan sees a young indigenous kid trying to break into NRL, his first instinct is to block his progression if he doesn't get anything out of it.

Look at Bennett potentially releasing Corey Allen. No upside for Souths, as Latrell could easily go down during the season and they are left without a fullback. Bennett doesn't look at it that way, he sees a kid trying to crack into a full time fullback position and his first instinct is to help him if he can.

f**k McChin Chin is a merkin. Once Laurie comes over I hope we have nothing do do with Penrith for as long as the merkin is head coach

Of course not. When Ivan sees a young indigenous kid trying to break into NRL, his first instinct is to block his progression if he doesn't get anything out of it.

Look at Bennett potentially releasing Corey Allen. No upside for Souths, as Latrell could easily go down during the season and they are left without a fullback. Bennett doesn't look at it that way, he sees a kid trying to crack into a full time fullback position and his first instinct is to help him if he can.

f**k McChin Chin is a merkin. Once Laurie comes over I hope we have nothing do do with Penrith for as long as the merkin is head coach

What's him being indigenous got to do with it?

Penrith could use him without any meaningful downside. Why not hang on to him in case injuries hit?

And Souths never do anything unless it benefits Souths. They've done it to upgrade Latrell or pick up someone else.

I f**ken hate Ivan as much as the next Tigers fan but I wish we showed backbone like him and Arthur did when it came to releasing players. Unless Penrith get a player in return what's in it for them? Not every club wants to be the good guys like us. And we all know what happens to good guys, they finish 9th.

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope they announce another signing soon, it makes the off season go a bit quicker:joy:

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm jk everyone. I don't actually think Chinny is a racist. Nobody with that big a chin has the time to be anything apart from a choke artist haha get it?

Because he choked

Twice

WA Tiger

Bench
I wish we showed backbone like him and Arthur did when it came to releasing players. Unless Penrith get a player in return what's in it for them? Not every club wants to be the good guys like us. And we all know what happens to good guys, they finish 9th.
It’s a bit different for us tho
.1 The players that want to leave WT have a furious resolve to leave due to a real or imagined mistreatment of them by Madge/ management
2 We can’t afford to have one less top tier player because they’ve been demoted or a player with that level negativity in the team. We arnt strong enough yet and don’t have a strong enough leadership group yet to force that player to pull his head in..atm it’s too risky to keep them
3 The player knows that
4 ..a top 8 spot is crucial as the next step. There is nothing else more important. To accept that 10th 11th position is fine until 2023 from some is just whacko talk. Outside the 8 will only invite in more of all these shit scenarios like losing players and recruitment problems. If we were last I’d agree to just grin and bear it , but being 9 th 9th and 11 th means that we could have got in the 8, but something that could have been done wasn’t done. That has to be fixed this year at the latest.

Last edited: