What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Long bow to draw, ..
Ive been trying to remember what my boss said to me before he fired me decades ago. Yip that was it ..with a slight rearrangement of words (just before he was deregistered and charged for dirty dealings haha)

Last edited:
Two rumours for you. Someone on the Panthers forum says Mansour’s move to Redfern is on hold due to Tigers and Saints increased interest (courtesy of the Daily Tellyanothingforfree. I don’t mind coming 2nd or third in that one.
The second is from another Tigers forum -Momirovski will be off to Canterbury as he doesn’t want to play reggies. Now firstly, how can the dogs afford, or fit in, another back and is he too being signed to play FB? Also, who does he think he displaces to play centre in 1st Grade? I assume a player swap would have to happen (Meaney can GK and cover FB, or a heavily subsidised Hoppa to play FB?). I just hope it isn’t DWZ!

Fordy20

Juniors
Why would the Dragons be interested Mansour? They have Ravalawa and Pereira as well as bunch of kids coming through.

Also, I agree, where would Momo fit into with that Bulldogs backline?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Corey Allen signed with Souths. No bullshit, just "hey buddy, go take an opportunity to cement a starting spot at another club".

Penrith are f**king dogs for holding onto Laurie

betcats

Referee
Corey Allen signed with Souths. No bullshit, just "hey buddy, go take an opportunity to cement a starting spot at another club".

Penrith are f**king dogs for holding onto Laurie

Laurie is happy to be at Penrith. Posted on his Instagram Day 1 of preseason about how keen he is to get back into it, wearing panthers gear. Has since posted more pics of him and Panthers mates at training. You wont get him cheap this year if you get him at all, he isnt going to push to get out. Call us dogs if you want but Laurie is happy so how are we dogs? Cause we wont help your club out? lol ya jokin

Laurie is happy to be at Penrith. Posted on his Instagram Day 1 of preseason about how keen he is to get back into it, wearing panthers gear. Has since posted more pics of him and Panthers mates at training. You wont get him cheap this year if you get him at all, he isnt going to push to get out. Call us dogs if you want but Laurie is happy so how are we dogs? Cause we wont help your club out? lol ya jokin
I think some people here forget it’s a business. Like Uto last year it’s good to see players not whinging and willing to playing out their contracts. We should be signing players for 2022 with the understanding they don’t arrive until then. If they come early then great. If there is no financial gain why release the player? With the amount of money that we have, and are unable to spend, I can’t believe we can’t find a way to get him here early (whether that be via a player swap or just cash). Perhaps the club is happy to wait until next year? It must be annoying for the player to miss out on the pay rise and first grade spot though. I assume Ivan will promote him to the Top 30 to cover a little of this and therefore be able to play him earlier than June if required. Surely the irony of Ivan of making a player see out their contract (ie his and all those players he has released and are still paying to play elsewhere) is not totally lost on you.

betcats

Referee
I think some people here forget it’s a business. Like Uto last year it’s good to see players not whinging and willing to playing out their contracts. We should be signing players for 2022 with the understanding they don’t arrive until then. If they come early then great. If there is no financial gain why release the player? With the amount of money that we have, and are unable to spend, I can’t believe we can’t find a way to get him here early (whether that be via a player swap or just cash). Perhaps the club is happy to wait until next year? It must be annoying for the player to miss out on the pay rise and first grade spot though. I assume Ivan will promote him to the Top 30 to cover a little of this and therefore be able to play him earlier than June if required. Surely the irony of Ivan of making a player see out their contract (ie his and all those players he has released and are still paying to play elsewhere) is not totally lost on you.

Yep it is a business and I think once Mansour is sorted a swap still may happen but not because Laurie has forced it, it will have to be because you offered something we want. Laurie is going to get a pay rise and FG spot in 2022 he is probably happy enough knowing that it is coming because right now he seems very happy with his situation.

BrotherJim05

Bench

The difference is that Uto was in their top squad and got game time. Laurie could easily see zero first grade next year

Tigerm

First Grade
From THE_POM on other site.

Happy New Year All !!
Here’s hoping for a very promising & successful 2021.

Couple Of Things:

Nofoaluma talks are progressing/promising, the sticking point is most certainly the 3/4 year deal side of things, club recently came back with a counter offer of a 4 year deal but the 4th year being in the clubs favor, this was submitted in the last couple days.

Madge/Club really liking the looks of young Allan Fitzgibbion, every chance of snagging a top 30 spot on minimum wage for 2021, only concern is attitude/application towards doing the extras needed but club surrounding with the right people to get him on track.

Panthers still not playing ball in relation to Laurie, but the club will keep a top 30 spot open for him till it has to be filled.

Remaining spot looking to go towards a utility forward/lock.

Mbye has had some discussions with clubs north of the border over the break & would like to move back to QLD but nothing solid yet to come from it. Also Walters to Brisbane talk won’t go away, if that does eventuate the club will look for another utility half type for depth purposes, no names yet if this comes to fruition.

Also Cini still likely to leave the club but the spot would more likely be filled with a train & trial player like Tyrone Roberts-Davis

Latest posts