What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Renshaw got Langered.

Same as Khawaja, but absolute planks like Wade continue to stink up the joint because he is a good bloke.

Well, that and the fact that Wade was in the top 2 batsment at Shield level for a couple of years straight. Renshaw just kept getting out. Uzzie has been ripped off....can't believe that he is not twice the batsmen that Burns, for instance, is.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well, that and the fact that Wade was in the top 2 batsment at Shield level for a couple of years straight. Renshaw just kept getting out. Uzzie has been ripped off....can't believe that he is not twice the batsmen that Burns, for instance, is.
Wade in 33 tests has just 9 scores over 50 in about 60 innings at an average of 30. It’s laughable he was back as a keeper and even more laughable now he is considered a lock for our top 6 as a batsman.

Renshaw when dropped was not in the greatest of form but i thought he’d shown enough to be persisted with considering some of the leniency shown to other players. Langer assassinated him in the media for he could push for a WA plodder like Bancroft who has got one of the worst techniques I have seen for an opening batsman. His reward was the Aussie coaching job even though his record for WA was horrible. But as long as you are a good bloke and one of the boys that’s all that matters.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But as long as you are a good bloke and one of the boys that’s all that matters.
7efbb25ce7fd31667b22e9d81b6ad2ea5711cf2b

strider

Post Whore
No only the 3 days this year unfortunately. I’ve given my tickets to family for the final 2 days
thats interesting - cos my bro inlaw, who is a member, said he couldn't get tickets for all 5 days due to the restrictions with covid ..... how did you manage to?

Wade in 33 tests has just 9 scores over 50 in about 60 innings at an average of 30. It’s laughable he was back as a keeper and even more laughable now he is considered a lock for our top 6 as a batsman.

Renshaw when dropped was not in the greatest of form but i thought he’d shown enough to be persisted with considering some of the leniency shown to other players. Langer assassinated him in the media for he could push for a WA plodder like Bancroft who has got one of the worst techniques I have seen for an opening batsman. His reward was the Aussie coaching job even though his record for WA was horrible. But as long as you are a good bloke and one of the boys that’s all that matters.

Since re-entering the team as a batsman, Wade has averaged 34, with 2 centuries. In Renshaw's last 10 innings he only got into double figures twice (high score 45, ave. under 16). Wade has averaged 37 over his last 10 test innings. Not great, but hardly reason for the knives to be out unless there's someone special being kept out. I'd personally play Uzzie instead, but it's hardly a no-brainer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Since re-entering the team as a batsman, Wade has averaged 34, with 2 centuries. In Renshaw's last 10 innings he only got into double figures twice (high score 45, ave. under 16). Wade has averaged 37 over his last 10 test innings. Not great, but hardly reason for the knives to be out unless there's someone special being kept out. I'd personally play Uzzie instead, but it's hardly a no-brainer.
Burns would kill for Renshaws last 10 innings. Renshaw was in a slump but i thought he’s shown enough to be backed by the selectors.

Bancroft didn’t show a hell of lot, got banned and then didn’t do an absolute thing and then was opening in the first test against England. And failed horribly, but he was one of Langers good blokes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

the issue with Wade is that he cant focus for too long without playing a get out shot, maybe too many white ball games but since he's been back in the test team he has got a start and just thrown his wicket away every time

he just doesn't seem to be capable of playing a long innings or concentrating for long periods

I mean he's a Tasmaniac ffs