What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2021 top 8 predictions

top eight 2 0 2 1

• Total voters

kit66

Bench
Panthers
Rabbits
Storm
Raiders

Eels
Roosters
Dragons
Titans

Warriors
Tigers
Knights
Sharks

Bulldogs
Sea Eagles
Cowboys
Broncos

MugaB

Coach
Top 8 (in no order)
Panthers
Rabbits
Storm
Raiders
Warriors
Roosters
Titans
Sea Eagles

Bottom 8 (also in no order)
Tigers
Dragons
Knights
Sharks
Bulldogs
Eels
Cowboys
Broncos

flippikat

Bench
anyone rate the cowboys for top 8. they have been busy, a chance ;)

Not the 8 this year - but certainly one of those teams pressing for a playoff spot late in the season, and falling just a couple of wins short.

Got a feeling that their stock is on the rise, though.. and soon they'll be contenders - just not yet.

I think any lack of star power in their roster may actually be relished by Todd Payten.. he strikes me as a coach who could build a very competitive team from journeyman players.. the whole "champion team that beats a team of champions" thing.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Top 8 (in no order)
Panthers
Rabbits
Storm
Raiders
Warriors
Roosters
Titans
Sea Eagles

Bottom 8 (also in no order)
Tigers
Dragons
Knights
Sharks
Bulldogs
Eels
Cowboys
Broncos

I can't fault your top 8, but for bottom 8, I'd put Cowboys, Bulldogs & Eels a bit higher, Dragons, Knights & Tigers a bit lower.

Something like..
Eels
Cowboys (Late season rally, falls short)
Bulldogs
Knights
Tigers
Sharks
Dragons
Broncos

flippikat

Bench
I did write in "NO ORDER"

D'oh! Sorry.. missed that - been a mad, sleepless few days (summer has arrived in Wellington, and hotter nights with it).

I think I tried to go for a more holistic way of picking teams rather than just "who have they signed?" - as I think the culture & vibe in a team can almost be as important as gains & losses - hence the Cowboys being near the 8 and Newcastle further down the ladder than others are picking (for instance).

Still, it's all just guesswork - yeah?

flippikat

Bench
Darkest of horses with Payton coaching, but the forward pack is a shadow of the Cows pack of a few years back, and Taumalolo is starting to show signs of wear.

The way he took a demoralised Warriors squad & restored their self-belief - and actually got them looking like they were having fun - speaks loudly of his ethos.

Todd builds teams up, and I'm sure he can make something decent with the Cowboys - no matter the roster.

Once they get the look of a "team on the rise", the decent signings will come. But it all starts with making the best of what he has - and I'm convinced he's gonna do that this year.

They'll get close to the 8, but *just* miss it - and that'll be great for year 1.

GongPanther

Referee
In these threads everyone always picks basically the same Ladder as last year with a few minor changes i.e swapping 4th and 5th, 8th and 10th

The average annual turn over from the Top 8 is 3 with with one Top 4 side missing out
Three players have been ruled out for this season due to training injuries. I hope for all teams sake thus is not a precurser to the season ahead.

If it is, naming a top 8 side will be pure guesswork.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Top 5 in no particular order
Storm
Penrith
Souths
Roosters
Raiders

Next 6 teams will be determined by the results of 5 or 6 games, so really could be anyone
Warriors
Titans
Manly
Knights
Sharks
Eels