What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Chriton is an absolute gun but he's got 1 season under his belt in a team full of players firing on all cylinders. Paying overs for someone like him is a massive risk but f**k me... He's a f**king talent that's for sure
I don’t see us paying overs for anyone, anymore. Hartigan seems to be on the ball in these matters.

1610696173624-8a650f1e-cc8b-4132-8c00-348f16b085d4.png

Could this mean McInnes may soon be available?
Thanks, this was the story I was asking about. It’s not a Hooper exclusive is it?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
This was said on the tigers forum lol

I’m 3 from 3 in the rumour mill and I’ll be 4 from 4 after Laurie starts training with us after next week. It’s a done deal, the sticking point Cini but now resolved. Pemriff wanted a trade deal for Simpkins and were prepared to pay plenty so that’s probably a good sign too.

apparently Penrith asked for Jake Simpkins (dummy half) and we said f**k off. Sounds like we may have got Laurie only for the expense of Cini and probably the cash compensated from Aloiai.

Happy for Cini to return home to Penrith. Signing with the Tigers and no reserves last year hasn’t helped him, other guys who played in the same Australian Scholboys team have gone and the Tigers stuck with the likes of Mybe, Chee Kam & Jennings rather than give a youngster a go. Ok I know about development guys but gee.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
H

He is a young fringe first grader at Penrith.seriously if you tigers are putting your hopes on one kid to save you .Your in for a long season

It is more so just desperation for a fullback because we have f**k all options other than Mbye.

the kid has obvious potential and if you don’t see it it’s probably sour grapes

Vic Mackey

Referee
H

He is a young fringe first grader at Penrith.seriously if you tigers are putting your hopes on one kid to save you .Your in for a long season

I don’t think anyone is saying he is going to save our season, moreso that fullback is our biggest weakness and he is the one that the coaching staff have pin pointed to be our 1 over the new few years.

Ive already said I have my reservations about him, but if he was no good then surely Penrith would just let him go instead of putting up a fight to keep him?

murraymob

First Grade
I don’t think anyone is saying he is going to save our season, moreso that fullback is our biggest weakness and he is the one that the coaching staff have pin pointed to be our 1 over the new few years.

Ive already said I have my reservations about him, but if he was no good then surely Penrith would just let him go instead of putting up a fight to keep him?
It’s more depth as we have a load more coming through .The current SG ball team is loaded with talent but due to no games last year is behind on there development .Stains will be our fullback within a year

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s more depth as we have a load more coming through .The current SG ball team is loaded with talent but due to no games last year is behind on there development .Stains will be our fullback within a year
Laurie may well be ours as well?

Vozzy

Juniors
From the highlights he seems a tad small but has pace not as small as Preston Campbell but similar movement/pace which could be good if he has a good knack of being around the ball carrier for offloads. This is where both AD and MBye were poor at fullback they were nowhere to be seen when it came to being on the end of a break or ready for offloads.

Tiger05

First Grade
Who is Laurie and why is everyone yanking their little noodles over him?

He is Slater mark 2. Sort of better than Slater though.

In all seriousness I think we have a weakness at fullback and the club sees him as potential long term option at fullback. If Mbye is in form I reckon he can do the job and do it well. The problem is Mbye needs to be in top form.

stryker

First Grade
H

I’m not. I think the talk about him is dripping with desperation. A bit embarrassing to be honest.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Surprised you guys didn't go for Corey Allen.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Surprised you guys didn't go for Corey Allen.

I was a bit surprised as well, but I think Madge is very keen on Laurie. I also don't think he is going to be our shining jewel and transform our team, but he will be the difference between having a fast fullback, hungry for success and completely moldable to Madge's plans, or another slow fullback just biding his time until someone with greater potential takes his place.

Latest posts