What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Sigh of relief!! Lee must be terrible at golf like uncle nick :)

Nofa has resigned for 4yrs (CO on yr 4)

EXCLUSIVE – The Wests Tigers have landed a major signing coup with Dally M winger of the year David Nofoaluma inking a four-year extension to keep him at the club until the end of 2025.
The deal was sealed with a game of golf and dinner with Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3512820988f2799c0e9d5edc7f0fdc24
Yes, though I just mentioned in another post, that the WT's site doesn't have it up as yet?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Sigh of relief!! Lee must be terrible at golf like uncle nick :)

Nofa has resigned for 4yrs (CO on yr 4)

EXCLUSIVE – The Wests Tigers have landed a major signing coup with Dally M winger of the year David Nofoaluma inking a four-year extension to keep him at the club until the end of 2025.
The deal was sealed with a game of golf and dinner with Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3512820988f2799c0e9d5edc7f0fdc24

Is the 4th year club option definitely true? I hope so. That’s a long time

happy none the less

Peace breaks out on the forum with a common enemy:

Hey Ivan, Ivan, don’t you have a son to put your arm around you lying slob.

Get you putrid treacherous hands off our kids you sly conniving dog.

Blow a kiss at my ass you selfish self loathing flip.

We don’t forgive, we don’t forget.

This photo shows the very sad emotional side of the great betrayal. The incalculable cost in human terms of his selfish decision.

This poor child and thousands like her had their hearts broken. Worst still, the life lesson to these kids was that it is ok to go back on your word, leave a job half done and walk out when the going gets tough.

With such a shaky foundation, it is little wonder that when the panthers were trying to convince their brilliant young gun players to stay at the club this off season, many of them jumped ship ASAP.

This is because they know what a promise means at Penrith under current management.

The treatment of Mansour was sad and disrespectful. The other panther players know they will be next.

The panthers have some wonderful footballers and great fans, but they are lions being led by donkeys.

Anyway stuff Ivan.

Congratulations are in order for the retention of Nofo for an extended period.

He’s a first rate winger, would just about walk into any side in the comp. I’ve previously called him our only elite player.

It’s a tribute to Hartigan who would have put the package together and ensured the funds were available despite major temptations.

Like @Tigerm I am curious as to the deal and whether it was sensible.

But on the face of it, yay!

still doesn’t state the club option, I’m guessing the club will announce what it is properly later

It’s very pleasing that Nofo has adopted the view that his fortune and future success are now tied to our own.

I think it will have a positive impact on the other players in terms of their sense of belonging, their individual self esteem and overall confidence that we are a desirable club to play for.

Madge puts a lot of weight on self belief.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s very pleasing that Nofo has adopted the view that his fortune and future success are now tied to our own.

I think it will have a positive impact on the other players in terms of their sense of belonging, their individual self esteem and overall confidence that we are a desirable club to play for.

Madge puts a lot of weight on self belief.
Fk u talk some shit bro
Lately it’s been non stop. And that’s excluding the Ivan drivel ..
I don’t mind the long posts as long as there’s some accuracy..Your indulgent and endless pro W/Tigers and whatever else woffle is grating and a lot of guesswork
Like I say to one of my boarders please just think some of your thoughts and be happy with that
There must be another teams site you can invade that you are allowed on. Or better still start up your own thread coz then we have more of a choice to read it

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We are on the smelly swamp side of the river not the palace side..I fully expected WT to continue their ignorance of this and lose Nofo by sticking to the original 3 year offer and not the 4 he wanted.. ..I still think Nofo and Mansour would have increased our top 8 chances massively . 2 or 3 years for Mansour who gives a shit It’s all about the top 8 next year and the year after..Now Bennett will benefit because he just decided in a second to take him not like the 10 person group tentative “oooo what if it comes back to haunt us like the past”decision made by WT
We had JAC In the palm of our hands as fullback then some dumb fk pulls out a calculator and gos. “if u play fullback then u get that much and if dont then sorry its only that much “...fk ...no wonder JAC said “ see y’all later”
who would agree to that arrangement when the power of where he plays is ultimately in the hands of Madge- the guy whose always popping up in the news for the wrong reasons....
I’d definitely take the risk of JAC at fullback than who we are lumbered with now Mbye.
Like Mitchel said “who have WT got to encourage me to go there”

untill we get on the other side of the river we concede to demands within reason which I thought they were, and recruit for success next year and the year after and move on...Coz a top 8 finish or better this year and next year will change everything and give me some respite from lot of your weak kneed predictions of doom and gloom because of the current team

Sure common sense is important but so to is balls..You can’t keep encouraging the turning away of class and then complain about our lack of it

Last edited:

Choiboi

Juniors
Yes, though I just mentioned in another post, that the WT's site doesn't have it up as yet?

I should have added hopefully on the CO*

Although it would be inline with the smarter signing decisions we seem to be making lately.

Nofa has posted the below on his FB. So it's basically official.

Thank you to my club and everyone involved to get this deal finally done. Wests Tigers is my home! Let’s get it :muscle_tone3:

Fk u talk some shit bro
Lately it’s been non stop. And that’s excluding the Ivan drivel ..
I don’t mind the long posts as long as there’s some accuracy..Your indulgent and endless pro W/Tigers and whatever else woffle is grating and a lot of guesswork
Like I say to one of my boarders please just think some of your thoughts and be happy with that
There must be another teams site you can invade that you are allowed on. Or better still start up your own thread coz then we have more of a choice to read it

I appreciate that signing Nofo for 4 years is a bad day for the grinch-hood but there’s no need to take it to a personal level.

I’ve been backing nofo for a long long time and I think my points about the overall benefits of his re-signing to the rest of the squad are valid and at least deserve a mention in dispatches.

If it doesn’t fit into the comfortable sacred mantra that we are somehow second rate and not a destination club, that’s tough.

He’s currently one of the best wingers in the world. Let’s be clear about that.

I could say the same things about your posts sometimes, but I’m too f**king polite.

Chill out and cheer up brother WA.

1BD1723D-CCB9-4581-A2BF-DDA71545828D.jpeg

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
He didn’t get his three years which is a shame for him.

That he eventually signed with the super-powered rabbits suggests that our own recruitment team are right in the thick of the action and think on similar lines to the big players.

In fact our dignifying and constructive overtures were made to him months before he caught the attention of Mr Bennett.

More to point, his sacking the day after the grand final loss by Ivan and the Panther CEO was the epitome of callousness and disrespect for a loyal servant of the Panthers. Bereft of honour, and compassion, it stands for everything the game shouldn’t be. The decision poor and the timing worse still. There are no excuses for it. It was the recruitment and retention equivalent of an eye gouge in the tackle.

This was aggravated in that the loss was wholly attributable to Ivans mishandling of their prep and the belated deployment of Nado and the icing on the cake being Ivan refusing to take any responsibility for it.

Is it someone else’s fault Ivan? Really?! Pfft.

That is light years away from the humility and humanity of Madge and Pascoe and against everything our club stands for. No coming the coward for us. No selling out. Wouldn’t cross our minds. It’s an entirely different mindset.

We couldn’t come to terms, but the first club to reach out to Josh was us. He was broken hearted for sure. He even went to the press to find solace. I think our approach made him stronger and more confident. It meant he was wanted, clubs still cared for and looked up to him. We did him a great service, the gift of self belief when the knife was still embedded deep into his back and he will never forget it. Hope lads, we gave him hope.

After the Ivan era, the smug will need a total and absolute rebuild of their character and DNA. It’s little wonder so many of the brilliant young players want out or want overs. There’s very few there by heart felt choice. Maybe Edwards. I can only fear for his emotional well being. He would fix our fullback issues in a millisecond.

I’m glad Josh Mansour gave them their come-uppances. Great player, puts in and I’m proud of our short but meaningful association with him.
We all talk shit ...It’s more the length and the frequency. I mean I woke up to this one yesterday It’s right up there with the most irritating...Someone has to give u the hint

WA Tiger

Bench
He didn’t get his three years which is a shame for him.

That he eventually signed with the super-powered rabbits suggests that our own recruitment team are right in the thick of the action and think on similar lines to the big players.

In fact our dignifying and constructive overtures were made to him months before he caught the attention of Mr Bennett.

More to point, his sacking the day after the grand final loss by Ivan and the Panther CEO was the epitome of callousness and disrespect for a loyal servant of the Panthers. Bereft of honour, and compassion, it stands for everything the game shouldn’t be. The decision poor and the timing worse still. There are no excuses for it. It was the recruitment and retention equivalent of an eye gouge in the tackle.

This was aggravated in that the loss was wholly attributable to Ivans mishandling of their prep and the belated deployment of Nado and the icing on the cake being Ivan refusing to take any responsibility for it.

Is it someone else’s fault Ivan? Really?! Pfft.

That is light years away from the humility and humanity of Madge and Pascoe and against everything our club stands for. No coming the coward for us. No selling out. Wouldn’t cross our minds. It’s an entirely different mindset.

We couldn’t come to terms, but the first club to reach out to Josh was us. He was broken hearted for sure. He even went to the press to find solace. I think our approach made him stronger and more confident. It meant he was wanted, clubs still cared for and looked up to him. We did him a great service, the gift of self belief when the knife was still embedded deep into his back and he will never forget it. Hope lads, we gave him hope.

After the Ivan era, the smug will need a total and absolute rebuild of their character and DNA. It’s little wonder so many of the brilliant young players want out or want overs. There’s very few there by heart felt choice. Maybe Edwards. I can only fear for his emotional well being. He would fix our fullback issues in a millisecond.

I’m glad Josh Mansour gave them their come-uppances. Great player, puts in and I’m proud of our short but meaningful association with him.
I mean I know you’re a Mansour fan..why couldn’t you just say your pissed off we lost him instead of something about wondering if he got 3 years and what a great decision it was by WT proving we are now on track to emulate the power clubs and then off on your Ivan tangent..it’s all bullshit