What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Plenty of those around. You might be one and not even know it. Best not to throw stones.

But we have laws for a reason, including around hate speech. Relabeling speech you don't like to shut it down is a classic fascist tactic.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Plenty of those around. You might be one and not even know it. Best not to throw stones.

But we have laws for a reason, including around hate speech. Relabeling speech you don't like to shut it down is a classic fascist tactic.

I think a few on here could vouch for me.

Also using your profile as a professional sportsperson to basically say, without actually saying it, that anyone who is a homosexual is guilty and has done something wrong is pretty sad.
He knows damn well that broadcasting his view has brought backlash and anger and he continued to do it. Just keep it to yourself. Flog.

Gronk

Staff member
They definitely should be compared. One bloke has broken no laws. He has literally done nothing wrong.

<cough>

https://www.antidiscrimination.just...riminationlaw/adb1_types/adb1_homosexual.aspx

Vilification
Homosexual vilification is against the law and is a public act that could incite hatred, serious contempt or ridicule towards homosexual people. You can contact us to make a complaint if you experience homosexual vilification.

Public acts include:
  • communications that can be seen or heard by the public (this includes print, radio, video or online)
  • signs, flags or clothing that could be seen by the public
  • distributing and sharing information to the public.
A public act that threatens or incites violence towards a group of people on the basis of race, religious belief or affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or HIV/AIDS status is a criminal offence that should be referred to the police.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
<cough>

https://www.antidiscrimination.just...riminationlaw/adb1_types/adb1_homosexual.aspx

Vilification
Homosexual vilification is against the law and is a public act that could incite hatred, serious contempt or ridicule towards homosexual people. You can contact us to make a complaint if you experience homosexual vilification.

Public acts include:
  • communications that can be seen or heard by the public (this includes print, radio, video or online)
A public act that threatens or incites violence towards a group of people on the basis of race, religious belief or affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or HIV/AIDS status is a criminal offence that should be referred to the police.
<cough>

<cough>

Vilification

Public acts include:

So when did Izzy threaten or incite violence or serious contempt towards a group of people? The cops are obviously very negligent in discharging their duty if he has in fact done this. Or else why has he not been charged with such an offense?

Don't get me wrong. What he has said is genuinely offensive and very upsetting to many, many people and deserves ridicule and counter argument. And yes, his selection of issues drawn from the bible that he decides warrant his comment is hardly balanced. But it's a very greasy pole one grabs if the NRL decides that it is to be the supreme arbiter of public morals. Banning guys like him simply makes 'martyrs' of them, and encourages the Sky News watching crowd to continue their carping about being 'silenced'.

Gronk

Staff member
So when did Izzy threaten or incite violence or serious contempt towards a group of people? The cops are obviously very negligent in discharging their duty if he has in fact done this. Or else why has he not been charged with such an offense?

Don't get me wrong. What he has said is genuinely offensive and very upsetting to many, many people and deserves ridicule and counter argument. And yes, his selection of issues drawn from the bible that he decides warrant his comment is hardly balanced. But it's a very greasy pole one grabs if the NRL decides that it is to be the supreme arbiter of public morals. Banning guys like him simply makes 'martyrs' of them, and encourages the Sky News watching crowd to continue their carping about being 'silenced'.
You’d need a victim to lodge a formal complaint, right ? Most abuse victims (in this case homosexual villification) don’t come forward. It’s sad that bullies get away with most of their f**kery.

hindy111

Post Whore
Are they your third team ?

Listen merkin. When footy starts I want a lift. I'm 30 seconds off Parra Rd. You will pick me up and drop me off. Your big one global warming and saving pollution.
No talking and no touching. And I chose the radio station.

You’d need a victim to lodge a formal complaint, right ? Most abuse victims (in this case homosexual villification) don’t come forward. It’s sad that bullies get away with most of their f**kery.

Yet you are happy to infer his guilt in relation to the said offence?

I wouldn't hire him. But I also wouldn't institute a regulation stopping others in the market from doing so.

Eelogical

Referee

To be honest, we'd all forgotten about him until this festered to the surface. Martyr? Unlikely. I personally think that the average sports fan just wants to see their players do what they are paid to do, that is, perform on the the field. When players start bringing their political or religious views to the forefront while contracted to a team only brings grief. Why should a sponsor get involved in these scenarios? Why should clubs, coaching staff and fans be side-tracked in their roles and support because of some dimwit who thinks they can use their fame to advance their cause?

Gronk

Staff member
Yet you are happy to infer his guilt in relation to the said offence?

I wouldn't hire him. But I also wouldn't institute a regulation stopping others in the market from doing so.
You must have been out of the country when the LGBTQ community amped up over his “teachings” during the SSM non-binding vote and his innumerous tweets and instagrams detailing what special treatment the sinners get.

Infer his guilt? So in the absence of a complaint to ADNSW he didn’t offend, incite hatred etc ? On the balance of probability I’d say hell yeah he did.

Latest posts