What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Mcinnes

I don’t recall Mary on the Tristan band wagon, and then Hook took one look at him and sent him packing.

He’s going to an architect (very bright kid) but Dell wants him to grow up like him.

Dell, dell, dell, I’d rather my kid make it as an architect than play 2 games a year.

And Dell said Cam didn’t get an offer. My understanding was that talks were well underway but your club couldn’t get its head around the 4 years. The coach is only getting 2 years these days.

The reality of the post-Mary era kicking in. The disease has been stopped, now comes the cure.

It seems like Dell has lost with or without Mary.

epDragon62

First Grade
Even if he did, why would he know less about what’s going on at the club than random people on the Internet?
Yes, yes, Muz... But he is outside the circle, and more to the point, has a reason to make negative statements about the club.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yes, yes, Muz... But he is outside the circle, and more to the point, has a reason to make negative statements about the club.

I'm under no illusions that all is well at our club. Can't help but be a little negative Nancy I know. This has been the worst off-season (injuries, lack of quality signings, disloyalty, embarrassing folau situation, more undermining of fans etc...). Meanwhile clubs like Roosters are handed leg ups from the NRL and continue to reel in the new stars.

Sailor is one who cares somewhat about the club and able to say it as it is. Soward's another not holding back in recent times. Two players who won premierships and played as if they would give their all for the club.

Not to say this is Griffin's doing, or Webb for that matter, but it has been more disappointment for mine. I am not expecting premierships immediately but it would be nice to be able to get a little excited for the new season. Instead, we currently paying two quality players who are unavailable to play lock and a slow plodder coming in to take the number 9 jersey. Not to mention he could go down at any time with a horrible injury sustained last year. Throw in our assistant coach telling us only a couple weeks ago that McInnes wasn't going anywhere. Doesn't bode well for mine.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I don’t recall Mary on the Tristan band wagon, and then Hook took one look at him and sent him packing.

He’s going to an architect (very bright kid) but Dell wants him to grow up like him.

Dell, dell, dell, I’d rather my kid make it as an architect than play 2 games a year.

And Dell said Cam didn’t get an offer. My understanding was that talks were well underway but your club couldn’t get its head around the 4 years. The coach is only getting 2 years these days.

The reality of the post-Mary era kicking in. The disease has been stopped, now comes the cure.

It seems like Dell has lost with or without Mary.
He’s got some serious charges to beat first.

BLM01

First Grade
I'm under no illusions that all is well at our club. Can't help but be a little negative Nancy I know. This has been the worst off-season (injuries, lack of quality signings, disloyalty, embarrassing folau situation, more undermining of fans etc...). Meanwhile clubs like Roosters are handed leg ups from the NRL and continue to reel in the new stars.

Sailor is one who cares somewhat about the club and able to say it as it is. Soward's another not holding back in recent times. Two players who won premierships and played as if they would give their all for the club.

Not to say this is Griffin's doing, or Webb for that matter, but it has been more disappointment for mine. I am not expecting premierships immediately but it would be nice to be able to get a little excited for the new season. Instead, we currently paying two quality players who are unavailable to play lock and a slow plodder coming in to take the number 9 jersey. Not to mention he could go down at any time with a horrible injury sustained last year. Throw in our assistant coach telling us only a couple weeks ago that McInnes wasn't going anywhere. Doesn't bode well for mine.
We are not paying JDB full NRL money until if he plays again, hence training with reggies.
Contract he signed for this year was disclaimed for that
Is it possible you can send a link or summarise what Soward has said in recent times about the club
or point me in the direction where I can read it .. ta

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
We are not paying JDB full NRL money until if he plays again, hence training with reggies.
Is it possible you can send a link or summarise what Soward has said in recent times about the club

I remember when Soward was doing the weekly power rankings on NRL.com he was very critical (with good reason mind you) of the dragons and admittedly it got on my nerves occasionally, having that negativity directed towards us especially by a former player. I think he always cared and although I felt was poorly treated for what he helped achieve at the club, it now seems like he has a little bit of unfinished business and it’s good to see him back. I do appreciate someone who speaks their mind

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I remember when Soward was doing the weekly power rankings on NRL.com he was very critical (with good reason mind you) of the dragons and admittedly it got on my nerves occasionally, having that negativity directed towards us especially by a former player. I think he always cared and although I felt was poorly treated for what he helped achieve at the club, it now seems like he has a little bit of unfinished business and it’s good to see him back. I do appreciate someone who speaks their mind
I do too; often too much of a ‘mutual admiration society’ in the commentary media etc. In saying that, bias still has to be considered and just because they are ex-players doesn’t mean we have to agree with everything they say. Plenty of ex-players are dirty on their former clubs for a range of reasons. If they support their line of argument, fine, yet, often feel that support can be flaky at best!

thebigredv

First Grade

Heres an example and he has been outspoken on his tv/radio media roles.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...nals-paul-mcgregor/18itudt0kfjig10k88s3yopg7m

Good point regarding JDB but are going to use it for anyone? Players are willing to jump ship but we can't seem to get them even on decent coin.

BLM01

First Grade
Sorry my curiosity was that he’s made some comments since he’s been employed by hook
if he hasn’t that’s fine
Power rankings he does for the NRL is a job they’ve asked him to do and he has to do it and come up with something

BLM01

First Grade

Latest posts