What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial game: Sat 27 Feb | Eels v Panthers: 7.30pm (AEDT) at Panthers Stadium

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He used to run all the time in the 20’s, I mean Arthur once played Kenny Edwards at dummy half once sums up what he thinks of the position. A tackling machine that leads the line speed is all he wants. No wonder why IDG was his wet dream.
Kenny Edwards had a good running game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How the hell does Murphy still have a job? Our attack has been woeful and quite predictable for 2 seasons now. Robinson, Bellamy, Bennett all have senior coaching assistants - guys who could coach NRL easily. I am certain that BA is threatened by a good offsider.
Or maybe he doesn't have the budget.

IFR33K

Coach
The frighten8ng part is although the Tigpies were only playing Manly, they moved the ball well and looked willing to take it up hard and play at the line. We really need to develop some sort of attacking plan with the players we have, the disappointing part is that although it was a trial, there didn’t seem to be any movement at the line and the attack looked ponderous.

You think BA needs better assistants around him?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why weren't we pumped to win after going out in straight sets for the second year in a row?
Because unlike the Panthers and our fans, the team have some f**ken perspective.

Also, we didn't go out in straight sets in 2019. We won by nearly 60 points in the first week of the finals.

IFR33K

Coach
Very silly. Has won 3 state of origin at 23 and taken his side to a GF. And won dally m halfback of the year.
You'd have to be quite a poor judge of NRL not to rate this kid as an excellent player. He is closer to Andrew Johns then Jeff Robson. I think by end of his career he might go down as one of the best in the current era.

I’m still trying to figure out who “everyone” is. Like him or not, he was the best half last season.

IFR33K

Coach
W.Smith offers more then D.Brown in attack. D.Brown is a kid. It night not be until 2024 till we see him at his best.

His best just May not be good enough. Shouldn’t it be alarming that a young half’s highlights reel, only contains a long distance chase. Didn’t see anything to suggest he’ll be an elite. Another player to be overhyped by fans.

Avenger

Immortal
Because unlike the Panthers and our fans, the team have some f**ken perspective.

Also, we didn't go out in straight sets in 2019. We won by nearly 60 points in the first week of the finals.
Where is our perspective? And we f**king still went out in week 2. That's basically straight sets. And it's the only semi final game that BA has ever won against a team that ended up with the spoon the following year.

IFR33K

Coach
Where is our perspective? And we f**king still went out in week 2. That's basically straight sets. And it's the only semi final game that BA has ever won against a team that ended up with the spoon the following year.

Settle down mate, we lost to better opponents.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We haven’t even started the first round. If you merkins keep up this level of anger and intensity I predict you will spontaneously combust before Round 12.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's swapped our halves and edge forwards. That's a significant change.

Lol. I think that's almost an I no what I will do change. Anyhows let's see after 8rnds. I hope we play with depth and run angles. Our attack we dynamic in the finals. Our defense went to shit. Had we not lost MJ,Fergo and Sivo we beat Souths.....

hindy111

Post Whore
He's a myth and I'm not on my Pat Malone here. Plenty is the NRL community think the same. He's solid and does what is asked of him, but he is not on the same planet as an elite 7. He's Jeff Robson standard (ping @Avenger ) and that does not mean he a total dud. Just don't be saying that he's origin standard when he has no trick shots, none. He's wearing the Emperor's New Clothes and bugger if I'd know how some people think that he's a gun, let alone worth $1M+ per season.

Gaz, if Chin Boy was our 7, nothing would change because he is not where the Pennys points come from. It's Fish,Yeoh, Kikau and the 6 & 9 that create all the opportunities.

His kicking game is pin point accurate. Moses is all over place. He has a cool head and can stick to a game plan. Moses can not. He is a brilliant tackler. Moses is meh. He is also a better goal kicker. Do you think he misses the one Moses did against Souths? Haha . And then field goals. Better. He gets picked in Origin over Moses cause he is a better player. He is smarter, more patient and accurate. And executes better.
Moses will have more flash moments.

Tom Brady was never the flashiest QB. He never had a run game or the strongest arm. But he was cool, calm and collected. And a brilliant game manager. The modern day halfback is like the QB. Your stuck in the 80s mate. You don't understand change.

hindy111

Post Whore
You predicted them to finish 6th. Did you really expect us to beat a team that only lost two games all of last year (including the GF)? Some perspective, merkin.

I don't think we will make the top 8 tbh. I hope I am wrong. I think our backline is to slow and halves too stupid.

hindy111

Post Whore
The frighten8ng part is although the Tigpies were only playing Manly, they moved the ball well and looked willing to take it up hard and play at the line. We really need to develop some sort of attacking plan with the players we have, the disappointing part is that although it was a trial, there didn’t seem to be any movement at the line and the attack looked ponderous.

Tigers are my smokies for top 8. I like the squad.