What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Hook to still work Bird into the playing towards 80 minutes.
If he plays, it will have to be centre, not forwards............ he's not up to it as yet, supposedly.
To me, until he plays 80 at centre, he won't be up to working in the hothouse.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
It really is slim pickings.
No JDB or McInnes
I don't think Blacker or the twins are ready yet.
Wiliame and Britain are not FGers.
Merrin should never play FG again.
Norman suspended.
That leaves 19 to choose from.
A winger misses out and a half or forward.
Our forwards are weak, can we afford to carry a utility on the bench.
I think Jordy and Bud miss out.
If Hunt gets added this week, I'd throw him straight in.
..so confident?

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I agree TruSaint it has happened in the past and will continue to happen into the future. However, if a couple of forwards who are the same size as Graham respond in kind, it may take the sting out of Graham's approach.
Would have been interesting to see it tried on Billy Smith or Tommy Raudonikus and see how they responded accordingly. Smith took on John O’Neill, .....wouldn’t have worried about Graham.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I heard a report on the 2SM sports show that the tactic adopted by the Sharks during a trial against the Bulldogs was for Wade Graham to rough up the Bulldogs halfback at every opportunity. Apparently the tactic worked and significantly impacted young Flannigan’s game. If this cowardly tactic is used against the Dragons' half, I hope that one of our forwards such as Paul Vaughn or Daniel Alvaro sorts Wade Graham out (legally) early in the game.
Good Lord! That's just not cricket!

I heard a report on the 2SM sports show that the tactic adopted by the Sharks during a trial against the Bulldogs was for Wade Graham to rough up the Bulldogs halfback at every opportunity. Apparently the tactic worked and significantly impacted young Flannigan’s game. If this cowardly tactic is used against the Dragons' half, I hope that one of our forwards such as Paul Vaughn or Daniel Alvaro sorts Wade Graham out (legally) early in the game.
Good tactic. Who didn’t applaud Tariq when he knocked Cronk arse over head.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think we’ll get them just as long as we match them in the forwards.
No Johnson along with ageing injury prone players gives us a good opportunity to knock them off.
A win against the Sharks will give us a bit more confidence and improved attitude for the next few games. We have definitely got to tighten up our defence and not give too much possession to the Sharks. Boy we certainly were hit hard with the 6 agains in the trials and if we don't reduce this considerably, then a win result to us might not be forthcoming.

blacksafake

First Grade
It really is slim pickings.
No JDB or McInnes
I don't think Blacker or the twins are ready yet.
Wiliame and Britain are not FGers.
Merrin should never play FG again.
Norman suspended.
That leaves 19 to choose from.
A winger misses out and a half or forward.
Our forwards are weak, can we afford to carry a utility on the bench.
I think Jordy and Bud miss out.
If Hunt gets added this week, I'd throw him straight in.
I liked the look of Hunt last week.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
An old tactic that's as useful today as it was in the 70's.
So long as he didnt illegally hurt the guy, then that's footy.
Intimidation still works. Unlike us, who let Willie Mason mic'd up tell us how soft we are.

Can still remember the 1973 grand final between Manly & Cronulla.
I reckon it was the toughest, roughest, most illegal game ever played, except of course for the tests matches against the Poms overseas back in those times.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
T
So lads, ladettes and ladies, we are just 1 week away from our first official team list for 2021 season and 12 days from facing our eneny the Sharks.

This game will be tighter than mosr predict, Sharks with SJ become very vulnerable.

My round 1 team is: (i dont see much change if any from the CS team other than Norman)
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4 Lomax
5. Periera
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Faama
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Kerr
13. Lawrie

14. Clune
15. Ellis
16. Alvaro
17. Fui

I dont see Hook changing things too much, at least for the first couple of rounds.
I think Fui will come on at edge at some point in the game and Kerr will move into the middle depending on how we are going. If its going well then Fui will go to lock to give Lawrie a spell.
Clune will be used as the hooker/halves utility.

Anyway these are just my thoughts, you guys may have something different and thats ok.

Onwards and upwards Dragons fans :dragon::dragon:
That will be the side imo. It will be good to see Sullivan get a dig with no real pressure. It’s not the team I’d pick but I can live with it.

getsmarty

Immortal
match-centre-bg-large-1736x370.jpg

Telstra Premiership Round 1 Dragons vs Sharks
Telstra Premiership

Match: Dragons vs Sharks
Round 1 - Sunday 14th March

Kick off: 6:15pm
dragons-badge.svg

home Team

Dragons

sharks-badge.svg

away Team

Sharks

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

Ground Conditions: N/A

Weather: Unknown

Buy Tickets
Stats
Head-to-Head
St. George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks have played 46 games. St. George Illawarra Dragons has won 23 games. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks has won 22 games. They have drawn 1 game.

Head-To-Head
Since 1998
Played

Won

Drawn
Previous Meetings

Match: Sharks vs Dragons

Saturday 25th July 2020

F ull T ime

home Team

Sharks

Scored 28 points