What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dufty is always going to be polarising.
He is just so extreme.
One minute he is scoring the individual try of the season the next he is getting repeatedly ragdolled back on our goal line.
One minute he is throwing a crisp cutout pass to an unmarked winger the next he is dropping anything that is kicked more than 10 meters in the air.
He’s so good at some aspects and so poor at others.
But the way I see it we are screwed anyway so we may as well persist with him and hope he learns along the way.
I feel like he’s being punished for the sins of 2018..

His catching improved out of sight last year - I used to be nervous as tofu at a vegan convention when he’d get under a high ball, but not anymore..

He was one of our best on Saturday. Low bar to leap over, I know, but he brings much more to the team than he gets credit for on here..

Dragsters

First Grade

His catching improved out of sight last year - I used to be nervous as tofu at a vegan convention when he’d get under a high ball, but not anymore..

He was one of our best on Saturday. Low bar to leap over, I know, but he brings much more to the team than he gets credit for on here..

I agree.

Especially that cutout pass he has unleashed...

Dragonslayer

First Grade

I think his catching has improved and positional play for kicks has also.
There will be dropped balls for sure but even the best drop a few. Even Ramsey dropped one last weekend.
There was also some improved vigour on his return runs, by no means fixed but improved.

Big year for Dufty and wether he stays or is unsigned he needs this year to show his worth to another club

Tiger Shark

Bench
I heard a report on the 2SM sports show that the tactic adopted by the Sharks during a trial against the Bulldogs was for Wade Graham to rough up the Bulldogs halfback at every opportunity. Apparently the tactic worked and significantly impacted young Flannigan’s game. If this cowardly tactic is used against the Dragons' half, I hope that one of our forwards such as Paul Vaughn or Daniel Alvaro sorts Wade Graham out (legally) early in the game.

I'd hardly call this a tactic, pretty much every team does it. The Dogs did it to Chad in the exact same trial.

Only reason it even got a mention was because Flanno Jr had a whinge about it and Adam I can't keep my dick in my pants Elliot harped on about being their job to protect him blah blah

Dragon David

First Grade
Can confirm ...it's f**ked. 2013 was the last time we won Rd 1.

You won't or shouldn't see many cocky Sharks fans around.

So.. Dragons to win
Could be their first since 2013. I don't want to put the mockers on the Dragons. Most times when we play a team which we have beaten over and over again, like say the Warriors, for years, they come out and do us and we cannot beat them again.

I'd hardly call this a tactic, pretty much every team does it. The Dogs did it to Chad in the exact same trial.

Only reason it even got a mention was because Flanno Jr had a whinge about it and Adam I can't keep my dick in my pants Elliot harped on about being their job to protect him blah blah
I couldn’t just like it, I had to hahahahagahaha as well

possm

Coach
I reckon due to our forward pack lacking punch we can’t afford to move rava away from the wing
While Dufty is at fullback, JP or Matt Feagai to left wing.
While Bird is at left centre, Ramsey or Max Feagai on right wing.
Ravalawa and Ford to right edge.

possm

Coach
I still can’t work out the Dufty beef with people.

He put in every week last year post season resumption, and he was literally our best attacking weapon last year.
Positional play,
Confidence under high ball,
Defensive skills,
Instructions to his players regarding positioning in defence.

Mjab

Juniors
I actually forgot about Merrin , however at this point in time it’s not only size that the Dragons pack lacks , but also experience and Merlin certainly fits the bill there , plus he also knows how to step and off-load the ball .

Old Merrin was a quality player
Those days are passed I m afraid
Didn’t do anything last year and I’m not convinced he will do better this one
Terrible signing and I think time to move on

id like to be wrong and we are desperately short of performing forwards
Happy to give him a go if he pulls his finger out and works hard

Mjab

Juniors
Positional play,
Confidence under high ball,
Defensive skills,
Instructions to his players regarding positioning in defence.

the other thing that annoys me about him is the good fullbacks are backing up when a break is made , but he is often missing

slippery5

Juniors
I still can’t work out the Dufty beef with people.

He put in every week last year post season resumption, and he was literally our best attacking weapon last year.
Maybe but you also want your last line of defence as reliable, did you not see his two pathetic attempts to go for the intercept in last weeks trial instead of lining up the ball carrier? He was guilty of this last year also. A good fullback will say "at least I'm taking out someone" but he seems to not want to throw his body into it.
Ramsay FB now.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Maybe but you also want your last line of defence as reliable, did you not see his two pathetic attempts to go for the intercept in last weeks trial instead of lining up the ball carrier? He was guilty of this last year also. A good fullback will say "at least I'm taking out someone" but he seems to not want to throw his body into it.
Ramsay FB now.
I find it a bit rough when the fullback is the one being blamed for being put in a 2-on-1 situation..

There’s a whole line of defence that has been broken to put them in that situation..

dungay dragon

Juniors
Ramsay FB now.
FFS what about our fearsome forwards line of defence that has been paper thin and limp for years , yet we want to hang the FB
Sure hes not perfect but he certainly isn't the worst

denis preston

First Grade
the other thing that annoys me about him is the good fullbacks are backing up when a break is made , but he is often missing

I see the opposite , he always backs up but Marys plan of "no offloads or anything with risk ( like a pass ! ) and our lack of breaking the line didn't show off these efforts.

Latest posts