What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

jeffdragon

Bench
If Norman gas his charge reduced then he will play (unfortunately), with Clune on the bench as the hooker/halves utility.

There is some talk that Sullivan tweaked his hammy and maybe in some doubt.
So, what is the solution if Norman suspended and Bud out injured?
Duff 5/8, Cody F/B, Bird edge, Feagais in.

Whatever became of Lachlan Timm ?

.... another McFuc3koffJuniors victim

Norman suspended.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So with Norman definitely suspended there will have to he some adjustments to the squad.

The question is, can Macca play 80mins at hooker?

I think the original thought was Clune at 14 covering hooker and half, now, more than likely, he'll start at 5/8. Sullivan looks to have an injury, so he's ruled out. Amone is playing in S.G. Ball and Wishart (as far as we know) isn't signed to the NRL squad.

So does that mean, Brittain comes onto the bench as the back up hooker?
Or, does Macca try to play 80 mins?
Maybe Bird to 5/8, leaving Clune at 14, or visa-versa, with Feagai at centre.

A lot of shuffling for 1 player and only a week out from our 1st game.

possm

Coach
So with Norman definitely suspended there will have to he some adjustments to the squad.

I think the original thought was Clune at 14 covering hooker and half, now, more than likely, he'll start at 5/8. Sullivan looks to have an injury, so he's ruled out. Amone is playing in S.G. Ball and Wishart (as far as we know) isn't signed to the NRL squad.

I'm confused. I thought Norman's suspension was dropped by the NRL and that he is free to play in round 1.

BLM01

First Grade
Duff 5/8, Cody F/B, Bird edge, Feagais in.

Whatever became of Lachlan Timm ?

.... another McFuc3koffJuniors victim
Not a junior but maybe he was worth keeping for another year to have a good look
But has not made another NRL squad either in all this time

kit66

Bench
I'm confused. I thought Norman's suspension was dropped by the NRL and that he is free to play in round 1.

1 match reduction ( and possibly the fine amount too ) but he'll still miss round 1.

I'd expect Hook to just bring in Clune for Norman and not disrupt their preparations too much, he'd have covered all other bases by now e.g. how long AM plays, where Bird plays, who's on the bench etc.

Old Timer

Coach

Clune to start at 5/8.
If AM cant play 80 then Hunt or Clune to 9.
Bird to 5/8 and Ford to centre.

Old Timer

Coach
Hang on! You said AM was an 80 minute player! lol
65 min player, backed up by statistics.
FMD you're getting as bad as muzby at misinterpreting things.

A fellow forum member asked something in relation to a particular scenario that he / she thinks might / could occur

I responded to that poster and his / her question / queery in a logical manner to try and appease that which he/ she wanted to know given the circumstances he / she (not me) outlined.

So don't confuse my suggestion to their queery as to being my actual position on the matter re AM playing 80.

redv13

Bench
Macca can play out the 80 mins. Clune to 6 and Hunt to 7. If there’s a drama with Macca (don’t want to say the I word ) then bird can slip into 6 and Clune/Hunt to 9 in an emergency on the run.
No use carrying BB for a what if or token 10 min run. Sharks have a big pack so we need big bodies on the bench

Crush

Coach
FMD you're getting as bad as muzby at misinterpreting things.

A fellow forum member asked something in relation to a particular scenario that he / she thinks might / could occur

I responded to that poster and his / her question / queery in a logical manner to try and appease that which he/ she wanted to know given the circumstances he / she (not me) outlined.

So don't confuse my suggestion to their queery as to being my actual position on the matter re AM playing 80.
I honestly cannot make sense of that post mate.

Old Timer

Coach
I honestly cannot make sense of that post mate.
You're even more like muzby than I thought he wouldn't get it either as he is too busy playing the man and trying to score quick points rather than correctly digesting what was said.

DS proposed a particular scenario with some thoughts around that and was looking to what the alternate answer might be to that scenario namely if AM couldn't play 80 minutes.

I simply provided him some alternate thoughts as to what could happen if "his" scenario came true.

Crush

Coach
You're even more like muzby than I thought he wouldn't get it either as he is too busy playing the man and trying to score quick points rather than correctly digesting what was said.

DS proposed a particular scenario with some thoughts around that and was looking to what the alternate answer might be to that scenario namely if AM couldn't play 80 minutes.

I simply provided him some alternate thoughts as to what could happen if "his" scenario came true.
Do you think AM is an effective 80 minute player?
I don’t.

Old Timer

Coach
Do you think AM is an effective 80 minute player?
I don’t.
I reserve my judgement on that for the 1st couple of games as he is coming back form a serious injury but I actually think given a little time the answer will be yes.

For sure we need a couple of forwards who can play close to if not the full 80 otherwise we are going to be very gassed with 10 - 15 to go.

I am sure Hook is aware of that and will do everything he can to get 80 out of AM asap.

Newcastle were a far better side IMO with AM playing 80 before he got injured last year.

After his injury they certainly lost their way in respect of game plan and execution.

Crush

Coach
Seriously guys, I asked a simple question(s) and asked for opinions.

No ones answer is right and no ones answer is wrong, the only person who knows is Hook and the other coaches. We are just armchair selectors afterall.
Sorry DS, I was referring to comment made in another thread.
I said I didn’t think AM was an 80 minute hooker and I’d carry Sullivan on the bench (Hunt to 9 when AM off)
This was scoffed at as “very Mary-like” shuffling the spine and I was told AM was definitely an 80 minute player.
Old timer was one of the scoffers hence me having a dig when he said if AM can’t play 80 he’d shuffle the spine.
Anyway, Saturday arvo with no sport so just mucking around, just a bit of banter mate. Cheers.

kit66

Bench
Praying that McCulloch passes him the ball more than twice!

*A hospital ball down the blind side when nothing is on doesn't count

Hook suggested that he wanted AM in the team because of his organization and ability to get early ball out wide ( not that that's a hooker's responsibility ) so hopefully his service to his first receivers is fast and accurate.
I've been very critical of carrying 2 hookers in the 17 in the past but with the new rules making quick play the balls and darts out of dummy half advantageous it's not a bad option. Too bad Cam got injured and too bad our back up hooker BB is about 4foot tall and weighs 60kgs or close enough.