What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

redVinme

Bench
Would anyone here be keen on Josh Schuster to play lock? Reckon he'd be pissed with foran coming in at 6. Kid is 185cm and 106kgs at 20 with great ball playing. He's a 5/8 now but a prototype lock in this faster game imo. Manly are gonna derp a bit this year imo so maybe a starting position could tempt him.

Might be to adventurous

possm

Coach
Would anyone here be keen on Josh Schuster to play lock? Reckon he'd be pissed with foran coming in at 6. Kid is 185cm and 106kgs at 20 with great ball playing. He's a 5/8 now but a prototype lock in this faster game imo. Manly are gonna derp a bit this year imo so maybe a starting position could tempt him.

Might be to adventurous
The dollars should not be too high so why not give it a go. What is his defence like?

boardlumps62

Juniors

Might be to adventurous
Perfect size for a lock of the modern era. Not that I know what they look like. But size, can run fast, has ball skills, side step, has vision and can tackle would make him perfect IMO.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
So why isn't Millward onto it?
He may be and we don’t know (no one knew about McCullough signing) ; talking to players of the same ability but not making it public; Griffin and Ben Haran doesn’t share the same assessment as a forum member (... forbid); possibly waiting for the De Belin case to finalise..theres just couple off the top of my head........

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
He may be and we don’t know (no one knew about McCullough signing) ; talking to players of the same ability but not making it public; Griffin and Ben Haran doesn’t share the same assessment as a forum member (... forbid); possibly waiting for the De Belin case to finalise..theres just couple off the top of my head........
But is he interested in leaving Manly only speculation on your part?

possm

Coach
We need Kerr in the front row and also a replacement for Frizell. How about signing this chap and slotting into lock for now. Then make adjustments when/if De Belin becomes available.

I'm sure De Belin has played in the back row before and played in the front row a few times. So if this kid is great, then fit the round pegs in the round holes.

since77

Juniors
The Titans have Mal Meninga as their Head of Performance and Culture, we have????
I’d rather have nobody than Meninga. The Titans and the terms “performance” and “culture” have been mutually exclusive way longer than the Dragons woes of the last decade.

Reactions: jak

Dragon David

First Grade
This could be our dilemma. Waiting for the outcome of the JDB case is worse than getting to the end of an Alfred Hitchcock suspense thriller. Will this dilemma end in his and our favour and how match fit will he be and has he been studying and training with the new rules in mind.

We should bite the bullet and get a Schuster or someone who has plenty to offer in attack and moreso in defence.

We fans are kept in the dark for a good reason as to what is going on behind the scenes with recruitment etc. Any leak can destroy negotiations particularly as the player and the club want the best deal going forward and another club comes in with a better offer.

The suspense continues unfortunately.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We need Kerr in the front row and also a replacement for Frizell. How about signing this chap and slotting into lock for now. Then make adjustments when/if De Belin becomes available.

I'm sure De Belin has played in the back row before and played in the front row a few times. So if this kid is great, then fit the round pegs in the round holes.
Missing my point! No-ones arguing the logic of signing a lock or De-Belin’s ability to play various positions. I’m challenging your assumptions regarding Millward.

saintly1996

Juniors
The dollars should not be too high so why not give it a go. What is his defence like?
One of Manly's brightest young stars.

Yes we should make an audacious bid for him, take a punt and offer way more than he is currently worth, but I bet we don't.

Millward said almost year ago we are looking for a backrower to replace Frizzell, still hasn't found one. In fact we have lost one since and he has managed to get a start with the premiership favorites.

The management of our roster in the last few years has been an absolute disgrace.

Millward and Haran, should be marched out the door today.

possm

Coach
Your absolutely correct. Some people on here want to ignore the mess we are in recruitment wise. Millward was demoted for a reason. He and Heron should have both been given their marching orders when Mary got the sack and the most of the rest of his staff were shown the door.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Your absolutely correct. Some people on here want to ignore the mess we are in recruitment wise. Millward was demoted for a reason. He and Heron should have both been given their marching orders when Mary got the sack and the most of the rest of his staff were shown the door.
I don’t think so. One of the reasons Millward got given the ‘exclusive role originally was because of the teams poor performances under the former coach, despite getting the team that he wanted. I don’t see his current position as a demotion but back to what or originally was. More than one person responsible for the recruitment and direction of the football club. Some people just bias and let it influence their narrative and opinion too much.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I don’t think so. One of the reasons he got given the ‘exclusive role originally was because of the teams poor performances under the former coach, despite getting the team that he wanted. I don’t see his current position as a demotion but back to what or originally was. More than one person responsible for the recruitment and direction of the football club. Some people just bias and let it influence their narrative and opinion too much.
When coach Price was in charge, Doust and Craig Young handled recruitment and made a real mess of things. When Mary was appointed he did not have a clue and so they sacked Craig Young and brought in Peter Mullholland who is a professional recruitment officer.

I don't really know the reason why Mullholland left but he was replaced by Millward who is even worse than Craig Young in my opinion. Many of these appointments are the results of backroom deals (in those days Illawarra v St George).

Inisai Toga

Juniors
When coach Price was in charge, Doust and Craig Young handled recruitment and made a real mess of things. When Mary was appointed he did not have a clue and so they sacked Craig Young and brought in Peter Mullholland who is a professional recruitment officer.

I don't really know the reason why Mullholland left but he was replaced by Millward who is even worse than Craig Young in my opinion. Many of these appointments are the results of backroom deals (in those days Illawarra v St George).
[/QUOTE
e.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes ? already knew all that.... If i remember correctly Mulholland gave the reason that he left he resided in Canberra or something alone those lines.
But when i prune all this down it just seems to indicate you think that Millward is worse than Young as a Recruitment Officer? Just putting a blanket tag of ‘Millward mess’ everytime Saints haven’t signed a player on the dotted line that fans wish for seems a bit too simplistic to me.

Last edited: