What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd1: Eels v Broncos GAME DAY thread at Suncorp 12/3

Chipmunk

Coach
Full credit firstly for the come back, but unfortunately all it is going to do is mask the deficiencies that will plague this team for weeks to come.

Secondly, our middle of Junior, RCG, Brown, Papalii and Niukore alone are going to massacre their opponents most weeks.

But

Moses, Drown, Matterson and Lane look lost and have no confidence playing on the opposite side of the field.

We had enough possession, position, momentum and an opponent who had players going down everywhere that we should've scored 8 tries in the second half. All our tries except for Fergos came out of momentum and individual brilliance rather than team work.

Fergos work to score that try was enormous.

Papalii is going to be enormous for us.

I'll call it now, the decision of BA to swap Moses, Drown, Matterson and Lane will either turn out to be a masterstroke that will take us to the next level, or in the end will be the decision that will cost him his job.

strider

Post Whore
queenslanders in fine form with the corey parker interview in the crowd after the game lol

Angry_eel

First Grade
Full credit firstly for the come back, but unfortunately all it is going to do is mask the deficiencies that will plague this team for weeks to come.

Secondly, our middle of Junior, RCG, Brown, Papalii and Niukore alone are going to massacre their opponents most weeks.

But

Moses, Drown, Matterson and Lane look lost and have no confidence playing on the opposite side of the field.

We had enough possession, position, momentum and an opponent who had players going down everywhere that we should've scored 8 tries in the second half. All our tries except for Fergos came out of momentum and individual brilliance rather than team work.

Fergos work to score that try was enormous.

Papalii is going to be enormous for us.

I'll call it now, the decision of BA to swap Moses, Drown, Matterson and Lane will either turn out to be a masterstroke that will take us to the next level, or in the end will be the decision that will cost him his job.

Lane has turned average, wherever you play him. Matterson - I don't see what what others see.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I'm doubting if Moses is even a NRL level halfback. None of our tries came out of him today. He's got no attacking brain, it's either take the line or put a bomb.

Having said that, I don't know who you'd change him with.

Delboy

First Grade
Kaufusi and Papalili carries at the start of the second half turned the games momentum, Reed not far behind, Moses possibly man of the match, but no prob if Papalili gets it.

great to be able to bring RCG and Jnr back on, will have to improve 100% next week.