What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Manly

Gareth67

First Grade
I don’t have FoxSports on the telly , but just saw the a replay of Ravawala’s gut busting hit on Cherry Evans - ouch that must had hurt , the blokes head went back so quick that it’s a wonder he never got whiplash from the tackle - wasn’t it a pleasure to see .

Maddragon99

Juniors
Isn’t it great to look forward to watching your team play each weekend because they are passionate & want to play for each other but more importantly they have pride in the Red V.
You are 100% correct. Plenty of passion for your team mates & the jersey. Only had to see how they all rallied around Lawrie when they thought he scored.

This is why I’m not in favour of the possible Andrew Fifita deal I don’t think he’s a fit for our culture. We’ve got a winning formula going no need to mess it up.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I don’t have FoxSports on the telly , but just saw the a replay of Ravawala’s gut busting hit on Cherry Evans - ouch that must had hurt , the blokes head went back so quick that it’s a wonder he never got whiplash from the tackle - wasn’t it a pleasure to see .
He’ll be sore tomorrow!

Gareth67

First Grade
He’ll be sore tomorrow!

Rava is gaining a reputation for himself now , Cherry is only a lightweight , but unfortunately he was wearing the wrong jersey . Rava’s huge hit on the the Eels big Fijian winger last season was very similar , plenty of opposition back liners will have one eye on the ball and one eye on Rava in the future .

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I have been critical of Sims over the past couple of weeks but I am more thank happy to say he has certainly turned it around this week. Great game ran well into gaps a different player.
Nice combination with Norman building. Every player is eager to demonstrate what they can do now we have some structure, discipline and confidence in each other.? Great to watch it unfold!

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
He’ll be sore tomorrow!
Rav's improvement has been great to watch. If only he would return the ball at top pace, he'd be totally awesome. Still annoyed when a back three decide to do some sort of Irish Jig before running half pace into the defensive line. Who do they think they're fooling?

Rav and Duff need to watch Paps, Tedesco and Gutho. These guys know how to return a ball with intent. Not to do so is really amounting to selfish play for the sake of 3 extra seconds of camera time,

LINESPEED

Juniors

He also flattened Foran (I think) earlier - with an even bigger hit.

Rav played well - as did all of them
- as they continue to improve, especially in linegoal defence,
...which is a barometer of attitude
... and it won us the contest IMO.

A drop in linespeed for a period after halftime was the only glitch in intensity

Norman errors cost us a couple of tries, but he also created some.& showed his experience.

Pleased to see Tariq find form and see further improvement in Kerr.

Love Bird’s mongrel, will to win & defence - such a contrast to Turnstile

Duff should’ve had a treble,
& although he missed an ingoal cleanup, it’s hardly a hanging offence
-as grubbers are difficult to defend, especially on half volleys.

We still lack slick backline passing skills & timing, but tonight was an improvement again

Great win fellas - you gave us fans a proud & memorable night.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just as well hes got a long neck...his shoulders had time to catch up with his head

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Dufty was pretty awesome to be honest, scored two great tries from supporting the ball runner and saved a few too. Didn't drop one ball. He made one error which led to a try which wasn't terrible he got back there and batted it just mistimed it to Garrick. It was one of his better games imo. Norman was very average.

Dufty was very good.

Its easy for some people to focus on one error and discount the good things he does.

I thought Norman had one of his best games for us...