What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Manly

Dragonslayer

First Grade
After a good win against the Cows our attention moves to this game v Manly.

Desi after 2 losses will be spitting and no doubt they will come out firing.

It's a shame that Saab won't be playing, you know it's such a long way to travel to the Gong!

Can't foresee any changes to the team this week.

Hook will have the team focused.

Let’s not get complacent people.
Yes it was great to get a win up north however still plenty to work on and the Cows were missing there best player.
Manly will be desperate in this one coming off two losses.
If there is broken field play and poor ruck defence DCE will play well.
This game is all about attitude and execution.
Also please keep the offloads coming.
Dragons will either win by 2 or 20.

BLM01

First Grade
We’ll start favourites, which worries me.
Unless we drop too much ball & Cherry has a blinder we should get away with it.
Yeah we have to watch out for 2 things from their attack after watching the manly v Souths game
1. They play pretty fast through the middle
2. DCE and Forans sneaky kicking game close to the line.

Mainly bombed a few opportunities from poor passing in attack etc especially DCE but if they get that going it will be tougher than people think defending against them,
Despite a few comments about Saab he’s actually been playing quite good for them and shown a bit of pace.

Old Timer

Coach
Be careful of hubris

Manly had their chances last game and showed like us that they improved considerably compared to round 1

I suspect this will be a game decided by the halves and DCE is very capable of stepping up and grabbing a game and whilst we certainly saw the best of Ben Hunt last game we are yet to see him do that week in week out so fingers crossed he can carry on from where he left off which was very good.

SGMax

Juniors
I was just thinking if Saab has to join the team bus, he will need to get up early.
All the way to Brookvale then all the way to Wollongong....then back again after the game.
Lets hope it feels longer following a big loss.
Brookvale is a long way from most club grounds so it will be similar for most away games.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Whilst never complacent Im quietly confident in the boys this week against Manly.....obviously we need to tighten up our ball control in particular but our general attitude has vastly improved....we fought back against The Sharks and with an ounce of luck could have won that game and to keep repelling the Cowboys when we were under the pump showed some grit and determination thats sadly been missing for a long time.....the win last weekend will do Hunt and the team a lot of good....now its up to them to deliver again

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I think DCE is a real rocks and diamonds player, despite being adored in the press...time for Tariq to grow some fangs and let him know he’s around this weekend.
I was thinking the same myself...a couple of dont argues from Sims could put him on notice early.......DCE can be a confidence player when everythings in place but ruffle his feathers and he can be a bit of a sook as well

mickeylane

Bench
I said on another forum this weekends win would be a waste if we don't beat Sea Eagles who are struggling a little...last year w Mcgregor in charge I would be panicking but w Hook at the helm I can only see improvement week in week out...so hopefully a solid win and 2/3 heading towards our first huge game vs Parra the week after..

st.phil

Bench
I said on another forum this weekends win would be a waste if we don't beat Sea Eagles who are struggling a little...last year w Mcgregor in charge I would be panicking but w Hook at the helm I can only see improvement week in week out...so hopefully a solid win and 2/3 heading towards our first huge game vs Parra the week after..
knights first!

Latest posts