What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

6AGAIN

Juniors
And all below market value to fit into the sobrero!

Just on the ‘ below market value’.

How can a team value a player under their true value?
Don’t the NRL put a value on a player that a club must pay? ( so they can’t supposedly cheat and field a team full of stars and still be under the cap.....) yeah, like the Rooster do.

jak

Bench
Just on the ‘ below market value’.

How can a team value a player under their true value?
Don’t the NRL put a value on a player that a club must pay? ( so they can’t supposedly cheat and field a team full of stars and still be under the cap.....) yeah, like the Rooster do.
uncle nick puts the value on there players.

Gareth67

First Grade
What did I tell you Gareth67, no flies on Uncle Nic, they the nrl will let it happen. Sorry to say using a military term we are all softcocks to allow this to happen.

Well I suppose before we all go off half-cocked (?) we need to calm down a bit and realize that the man is only doing what he considers to be the best for the Roosters.

Whereas I am sure that the ‘ powers to be ‘ will only do what they consider to be the best thing for the Rorters - er I mean the Roosters . :rooster:

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Well I suppose before we all go off at half-cocked (?) we need to calm down a bit and realize that the man is only doing what he considers to be the best for the Roosters.

Whereas I am sure that the ‘ powers to be ‘ will only do what they consider to be the best thing for the Rorters - er I mean the Roosters . :rooster:

If the Roosters get Maloney,then, this will be a complete joke and will open up pandora's box as I said before. We have been without JDB for over 2 years (I know the circumstances are different, but ...) and we lost McInnes for the year and other clubs have lost players for either the full year or very extended periods, so if there is any possibility of the Roosters getting Maloney, then there will be an uproar and the NRL can shove rugby league up the proverbial.

Who do they think they are? The NRL should just give them the shield every year without needing to play any games.

Boo hoo hoo! to the Roosters. They are the breaks (pun intended). When a player or players go down, that's just plain bad luck and that is why they have reserves. If Teddy was wiped out for the rest of the year, would they be entitled to get a similar fullback to take his place? I shouldn't think so.

Please NRL don't let it happen.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If the Roosters get Maloney,then, this will be a complete joke and will open up pandora's box as I said before. We have been without JDB for over 2 years (I know the circumstances are different, but ...) and we lost McInnes for the year and other clubs have lost players for either the full year or very extended periods, so if there is any possibility of the Roosters getting Maloney, then there will be an uproar and the NRL can shove rugby league up the proverbial.

Who do they think they are? The NRL should just give them the shield every year without needing to play any games.

Boo hoo hoo! to the Roosters. They are the breaks (pun intended). When a player or players go down, that's just plain bad luck and that is why they have reserves. If Teddy was wiped out for the rest of the year, would they be entitled to get a similar fullback to take his place? I shouldn't think so.

Please NRL don't let it happen.
In fairness, the roosters moved Maloney on.. And he went to super league as his options were out in the NRL..

He was a great player but he’s not the player he once was..

Dragon David

First Grade
In fairness, the roosters moved Maloney on.. And he went to super league as his options were out in the NRL..

He was a great player but he’s not the player he once was..
The thing is though even if Maloney was moved on by the Roosters and then went to Cronulla and Penrith and now Super League, any inference of getting a top shelf player or players when theirs are badly injured should not be entertained. Kleary and Lam are part of their "massive" salary cap and even though we joke about them being under the cap every year when they say that they have money, the NRL should know where they stand as all players are registered and several being paid via TPA's would also be registered.

If they do not cover themselves with depth signings then why should the NRL grant them any dispensation? All other clubs face this dilemma and I think that Penrith is an example of having a very bad season with injured players but they relied on the backups they had.

jak

Bench
Well I suppose before we all go off at half-cocked (?) we need to calm down a bit and realize that the man is only doing what he considers to be the best for the Roosters.

and before uncle nick it was uncle ron jones who had all the power and deep pockets some things don't change

Gareth67

First Grade
and before uncle nick it was uncle ron jones who had all the power and deep pockets some things don't change

Yes Ron Jones , but he at least pulled the club up by the scruff of the neck and restored some pride back into the team , as well as built them a decent clubhouse .

The other character simply pulls levers to get what he desires and one way or the other everything seems to fall nicely into place , enough said about that mob - I still need to eat my lunch later .

Reactions: jak

jak

Bench
Yes Ron Jones , but he at least pulled the club up by the scruff of the neck and restored some pride back into the team , as well as built them a decent clubhouse .

The other character simply pulls levers to get what he desires and one way or the other everything seems to fall nicely into place , enough said about that mob - I still need to eat my lunch later .
lets just agree that ron jones laid the foundation for all future and ongoing rorts.

TruSaint

Referee
The thing is though even if Maloney was moved on by the Roosters and then went to Cronulla and Penrith and now Super League, any inference of getting a top shelf player or players when theirs are badly injured should not be entertained. Kleary and Lam are part of their "massive" salary cap and even though we joke about them being under the cap every year when they say that they have money, the NRL should know where they stand as all players are registered and several being paid via TPA's would also be registered.

If they do not cover themselves with depth signings then why should the NRL grant them any dispensation? All other clubs face this dilemma and I think that Penrith is an example of having a very bad season with injured players but they relied on the backups they had.

Have to admit. Im not sure if i'm pissed off or envious.

Dragon David

First Grade
Have to admit. Im not sure if i'm pissed off or envious.
I suppose that there were many clubs envious of us in the 50's and 60's, but I'm not envious of the Roosters. I know that they are a powerhouse club and the NRL and ARL see them as such, but they thought themselves smart when they decided to rid themselves of Kyle Flanagan, which is fair enough, however, in doing so, they knew that they were going to get Suali and they had Walker and of course, they had Keary and now that he has gone, they don't trust Walker and Suali and cribbing to get either Maloney or Widdop. They might even go after Adam Reynolds, now that would be the icing on the cake.

They are just too big for their boots and crying like little toddlers who have dropped their ice creams on the ground.

This year I've looked at the squads for all teams in the comp and have thought wow these top 4 teams have great players so they should be on top of the ladder for all of the year so how can they be brought back to the also rans? And the answer is, "all it takes is for these teams to lose their quality and important players to bring them back to the lower teams and struggle for a while". That is the norm and in this current situation of the new rules making the players earn their brass, they have just got to take the good with the bad and I'm sorry, the Roosters will have to take the bad for a while like so many other teams.

I repeat, I am not envious of them, the Rorters.

Dragon David

First Grade
Isn't PVL a Dragons man??

Not that he's done us any favours....
PV'L has an affinity towards the Dragons insofar as his days of growing up and playing league in the Illawarra area. Abdo follows Manly as far as I know but both he and V'landys keep things hush hush. We know that Scott Morrison is a Sharks supporter and John Howard a Dragons man and they do speak about their love for their teams from time to time. I think that as V'landys is now the Commissioner, he cannot show any bias. That's my view anyway.

Latest posts