What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...a2Gqi51m7-pgZU5RSjZ20dknO-rhcBJkjKdehjSogF_l0

The Herald contacted Mbye on Wednesday, with the former Origin centre admitting he had spoken to the club about a potential release for next year.

"Let's be brutally honest, I don't think the club would be thrilled that their marquee player is being used off the bench for half an hour a week," a forthright Mbye told the Herald.
"I'm not ashamed to admit that the club is not getting value for money out of me. I have a big opinion of the club and want to be part of its success. It's why I have no intention of leaving this year or leaving the club in a hole.

"But I know this opportunity can benefit the club as well as myself and it may work out a win-win situation for both parties. I get the opportunity to look around and find a club that wants me to play more minutes, and potentially even another year on top of my deal."

Tiger05

First Grade
Things seem to be going our way a bit more now in relation to the cap. If this gives us some more cap space great.

gordsy

Juniors
How good would it be if we could f**k off Brooks, Packer and Mybe. Plenty will say it means we won't have success but let's be honest we were never going to do much with these duds anyway

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm pretty sure Packer is gone at the end of this year. You'd think Mbye already has a club or offers in mind if he is raising this to us.
I think Packer is gone, on his current salary, but you need depth, they may keep him if he & us want him to stay?
Hopefully Mbye and us have a plan B to cover any eventuality?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Packer is off contract and he will more than likely retire. I'm sure we have plans with that cash as it would have factored into our cap planning. Mbye and Brooks would be a new development. Probably what...1.5 million between the two of them?

Honest question - what the f**k do we do with that? 1.5 million is fkn insane money to suddenly have. This is also assuming that we already have plans for Reynolds and Packer money...

f**k I would love to be in the room for salary cap planning

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I'm pretty sure Packer is gone at the end of this year. You'd think Mbye already has a club or offers in mind if he is raising this to us.

yeah you’re right, didn’t know he was off contract. He will probably retire then because the plodder is still lazier than ever & cannot see him getting a contract anywhere

stryker

First Grade
This is bullshit again. How do I accept mediocrity and how do you not accept it.

Is this like the my comment on Laurie being a Superstar results in the Tigers overpaying him for a long term contract.

I know it's hard because you are from Queensland and the average IQ level up there is a fair bit below the average IQ level at a QAnon convention but you gotta try and be logical.

I do agree that the club needs to start winning but you do that via making smart decisions over time. Your ideas are the exact opposite of that. It's all reactive BS based on acting tough but in reality just being stupid.

Don't get upset either. It's just a discussion on a forum about our footy team.
Simply because of your dumbf**k take on most football matters.
The evidence is in every thread over the past number of years.
Cool warning about not getting upset when you threw your toys within the same rant LMFAO

Vic Mackey

Referee
Honest question - what the f**k do we do with that? 1.5 million is fkn insane money to suddenly have. This is also assuming that we already have plans for Reynolds and Packer money...

Theres no way we get Mbye contract fully off our books, we’ll still be paying about $400k. We’re paying a similar amount for Reynolds this year too.

However yes next year we have a truckload. Packer, BJ and hopefully most of Mbyes contract gone.

I really think the club needs a big buy, an Origin level player, just to show that we are that destination. Our weak areas still appear to be left wing, right edge and then maybe a half depending on what the club wants to do.

The back row probably has the most options. Guys like Jaydn Sua, Kurt Caldwell and Felise Kaufusi are all off contract.

Wing well Xavier Coates is the obvious one but seems it’s between Brisbane and Melbourne. Ferguson and Tupou are both off contract however 29 and 31 respectively. A guy like Phil Sami would be a great get, but certainly isn’t a marquee.

There’s some very good wingers in the ESL, just not sure how they’d go out here, wingers are used very differently in each comp, I’d love to see how Regan Grace would go here, bloke is electric.

Either way I have a lot more faith in Madge spending the money then the last guy.

Vozzy

Juniors
Is Ferguson only 29 that's still not that old he can still score a try and would be an upgrade also would be good for Talau. He isn't what he was but he is also not over the hill but is now like a poor mans Brett Morris which is better then AJ.

Tiger05

First Grade
Simply because of your dumbf**k take on most football matters.
The evidence is in every thread over the past number of years.
Cool warning about not getting upset when you threw your toys within the same rant LMFAO

This makes as much sense as most of your posts. Great work.

I love the LMFAO comment. It's like something my 10 yo would state about 5 years ago.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
NRL considers action against Roberts after biosecurity breach at Tszyu fight
By Michael Chammas
April 1, 2021 — 11.25am

The NRL is considering taking action against Wests Tigers recruit James Roberts for a potential breach of the game's biosecurity protocols.

The NRL is investigating why Roberts attended Wednesday night’s Tim Tszyu fight in Newcastle without a face mask, despite players being informed on Tuesday that they would be required to wear face masks at public venues.
All clubs were warned via an email from the NRL on Wednesday afternoon, however South Sydney Rabbitohs duo Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker were given an exemption to attend the fight as part of Tszyu's entourage. They were pictured wearing masks.

Previous biosecurity breaches saw Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr both fined $50,000 (60 per cent suspended) last year, while Tyronne Roberts-Davis and Nathan Cleary were both fined $10,000. Cleary was also suspended for two games for lying to the NRL about the incident at his Penrith home. Roberts now also faces the prospect of a fine.

More to come

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ty-breach-at-tszyu-fight-20210401-p57fv3.html

Vozzy

Juniors
NRL considers action against Roberts after biosecurity breach at Tszyu fight
By Michael Chammas
April 1, 2021 — 11.25am

The NRL is considering taking action against Wests Tigers recruit James Roberts for a potential breach of the game's biosecurity protocols.

The NRL is investigating why Roberts attended Wednesday night’s Tim Tszyu fight in Newcastle without a face mask, despite players being informed on Tuesday that they would be required to wear face masks at public venues.
All clubs were warned via an email from the NRL on Wednesday afternoon, however South Sydney Rabbitohs duo Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker were given an exemption to attend the fight as part of Tszyu's entourage. They were pictured wearing masks.

Previous biosecurity breaches saw Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr both fined $50,000 (60 per cent suspended) last year, while Tyronne Roberts-Davis and Nathan Cleary were both fined $10,000. Cleary was also suspended for two games for lying to the NRL about the incident at his Penrith home. Roberts now also faces the prospect of a fine.

More to come

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ty-breach-at-tszyu-fight-20210401-p57fv3.html
He probably got invited by Latrell and Cody there seemed to be only 2 hours between the club knowing and Roberts attending the event. If he is fined hope it goes to a charity seems harsh it's not like it was last time with Latrell when the outbreak here was much worse.

Fordy20

Juniors
It is April Fool's Day, but it would be just like the NRL to give Roberts and the Tigers a hard time, yet exempt Souths and it's players.

Latest posts