What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Someguy

First Grade
Penrith no.1 daylight second. Smug and deservingly so. Only issue is Souths are due for a fairytale win with their outgoing SuperCoach and departing halfback. Panthers have a lot of adversity to overcome if they are to win it all

Reflector

Juniors
I don't really get the Penrith hate. They're playing great footy, have done for this season and last season and are doing so off the back of what every NRL club should do- develop the next generation of Rugby League talent worthy of playing at the top level. Even before their success, I struggle to think of a fanbase (apart from the Warriors, Cowboys and maybe the Titans) who were less despised by rival fans.

There's definitely a smug element that's developed in their fanbase, but what a breath of fresh air it is to say that the best team in the current competition is NOT one of Melbourne, Roosters, Manly or the Broncos. Can we just be grateful for that?

mongoose

Coach
Penrith no.1 daylight second. Smug and deservingly so. Only issue is Souths are due for a fairytale win with their outgoing SuperCoach and departing halfback. Panthers have a lot of adversity to overcome if they are to win it all

Panthers have the 6 agains on their side though, they should be fine.

Wizardman

First Grade
I don't really get the Penrith hate. They're playing great footy, have done for this season and last season and are doing so off the back of what every NRL club should do- develop the next generation of Rugby League talent worthy of playing at the top level. Even before their success, I struggle to think of a fanbase (apart from the Warriors, Cowboys and maybe the Titans) who were less despised by rival fans.

There's definitely a smug element that's developed in their fanbase, but what a breath of fresh air it is to say that the best team in the current competition is NOT one of Melbourne, Roosters, Manly or the Broncos. Can we just be grateful for that?

I don't like them because of Ivan Cleary.....but the majority of people don't hate them for the same reason.
The main reason why they are despised is quite simple.....they are a pretty damn good team and their success has not just come from a fluky one time bolt at the title. Good teams are usually hated ones.

A lot less people hate the Bulldogs now than in the Terry Lamb years.

betcats

Referee
Panthers have the 6 agains on their side though, they should be fine.

Has the “best forward pack in the game” recovered from the belting they got on Friday night?

I was laughing my head off when leniu left whitehead lying on the ground on the second tackle of the second half and ran for 60 or 70 metres, straight through two soft pommies.

SBD82

Coach
I’d love to see the Panthers win the comp.

I just don’t want to look at the smug heads of their players, ex-players and fans after they do it.

Especially Brandy. Seriously, f**k that guy.

nick87

Coach
I actually quite like the panthers
I grew up in the area, they are my home town team, and i've got a lot of mates who support them
Generally speaking i root for them if the Raiders are knocked out

They play a super fun style and their players are incredibly fun and skillful to watch. I love watching them play.

I think they're a confident bunch of players, and the fans are feeding off that. And yeah it's probably a little much and perhaps the GF should have humbled them more than it appears it has. But that's their business.

The only thing i push back on is this idea that it's their premiership to lose. They're the favourites and rightfully so, but i dont think the gap between them and the other 3-4 contending teams is as large as some make it out to be. Any team/s they face once it's into the final 4 are going to be good enough and talented enough to beat them.

mongoose

Coach
I don't have a problem with any of their players tbh. Luai acts like a pork chop some times but he's a very good player. Ivan seems like a bit of an arrogant tosser though, haven't liked him since he whinged to the ref at half time 2 years ago against us, why, cause we were winning? What a wanker. Anyway would much rather see them win than Storm or Roosters.

Pork Hunt

Juniors
Thats f**king hilarious coming from a bloke with the handle Johnny Thailand. Is a blowjob from a ladyboy more expensive since the covid outbreak? Asking for a houso mate who just had a bit of a win on keno.
You asking for your brah Kurt Capewell? He'd be the bloke in the know about those sorts of fantastic things. Give him a call sometime.

Valheru

Coach
The only thing i push back on is this idea that it's their premiership to lose. They're the favourites and rightfully so, but i dont think the gap between them and the other 3-4 contending teams is as large as some make it out to be. Any team/s they face once it's into the final 4 are going to be good enough and talented enough to beat them.

Agreed

Like all top teams they still need to navigate origin (which they didn't last year) as well as any possible injuries and player fatigue in what is a long comp.

They will also have to play good teams away from home which they haven't yet done in 2021 and won't do until round 11.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s great when you see a team of young players come through together and play like a very cohesive team. Still some doubts if they will choke again but penrith fans should be enjoying it and planning for the gf!

ACTPanthers

Bench
This must be what Storm and Roosters fans feel like... It's weird being hated...

Anyway, this was a quality thread. I really liked the whole middle section where some school kids were having an argument... that was fun.

We're a good team, and the players know it. Arrogance is part and parcel with talent and these guys are too young to reel it in when they're on the big stage.

We might win it all this season, we might not. But I do know that the current team is extremely talented and will be in the Finals for a time to come. Can't blame Panthers fans for being happy about that.

Oh, and not everyone from Penrith is bogan... some of us moved and made something of ourselves.

some11

Referee
I think before it was funny to hate on them but they've earnt it now.

By that I mean maintaining a standard of excellence.

mozza91

Coach
Penrith fans think the hatred is coming from success:

1) The current team whilst obviously a bloody good side hasn’t won anything yet

2) It’s because your players carry on like entitled f**kwits

I have no issues with the fans being cocky. If my team ever starts winning games I’d be the same. And I throughly enjoyed the Viking clap the other night.

Latest posts