What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown Facing Two Week Suspension - This Isn't Right

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I understand he wont hit anywhere near his peak untill he is 24.

Corey Norman is a far better half then D.Brown at this point. Norman just didnt fit our culture.
You said "But at NRL level in a side in a premiership window he isnt contributing like we require to compete with the top 4"

Yet Norman and Clune are the halves in a top 4 team. And Dylan has already played in a team that was top 4 last year. And Brown is a far better defender than Norman, which is probably 70% of his job description in a team where Moses is the dominant half.

Rocket man

Juniors
I think Parra should of rolled the dice at the judiciary and fought the charge.
Tackle wasn't that bad.

TheRam

Coach
yeh, it was a disallowed try but he's not as bad as people make him out to be imo

Are you kidding? Besides defense, when was the last time anyone got excited by what HE produced offensively in a game.

He is a passenger and at times a liabilty in our attacking raids. He can't even draw and pass very well at times. The bread and butter stuff all halves should be natural at no matter what grade or how old they are.

Don't get me wrong, I can see he has skill. He shows it here and there in minute quantities, but he can't seem to put it all together during a game in any major way. A twenty year old in a team that has given him so much space and opportunities with the monster team we have should be relishing the opportunites on offer. Not treading water and actually going backwards.

It's not like we have thrown him in the deep end and said, it is all up to you son. He has Moses who is the Alpha half and he should be able to pick and chose his moments wisely. But instead he has done basically nothing in attack. He almost always gets rounded up when he tries to run without setting up much at all. For a guy that runs so much and has very good speed, he seems to get nowhere.

I am very confused whith him because I can see he has enormous talent, but for the life of me he has done very little with it so far other then be consistently average, with the occasional spark here and there. It is not like he is building a foundation and then when he gets that skill sorted, he then progresses on to another aspect of his game and so forth. He is basically the same product that we first saw in his debut other then what the experience of NRL brings.

He has 2 more seasons of development and excuses. If he hasn't improved by a long shot from where he is now, I would be looking at other more potent offensive options.

I mean, even before the Dragons game, we only had a 50 point differential, the lowest of the top 4 sides. That is not anywhere good enough for the most powerful pack in the game and an embarressment for our 6 and 7 playmakers. We should be tearing teams apart once we take control of a game. No one can blame Mahoney this season so far for he has been one of our best with ball in hand and on his feet and so has Gutho.

So the 6 and 7 have had great momentum and front foot opportunities and yet, not much has come from it from either half. Moses has been better at least this season from last seasons crap. His kicking and running game has been the difference in our victory games. Lets hope he keeps getting better still as the season progresses, but Dillon has been very ordinary and doesn't look like improving from what he has produced thus far.

I hope he just needs the time to develop into a high qulity attacking half, or we could have another over hyped player on our hands on to much money.

hindy111

Post Whore
Are you kidding? Besides defense, when was the last time anyone got excited by what HE produced offensively in a game.

He is a passenger and at times a liabilty in our attacking raids. He can't even draw and pass very well at times. The bread and butter stuff all halves should be natural at no matter what grade or how old they are.

Don't get me wrong, I can see he has skill. He shows it here and there in minute quantities, but he can't seem to put it all together during a game in any major way. A twenty year old in a team that has given him so much space and opportunities with the monster team we have should be relishing the opportunites on offer. Not treading water and actually going backwards.

It's not like we have thrown him in the deep end and said, it is all up to you son. He has Moses who is the Alpha half and he should be able to pick and chose his moments wisely. But instead he has done basically nothing in attack. He almost always gets rounded up when he tries to run without setting up much at all. For a guy that runs so much and has very good speed, he seems to get nowhere.

I am very confused whith him because I can see he has enormous talent, but for the life of me he has done very little with it so far other then be consistently average, with the occasional spark here and there. It is not like he is building a foundation and then when he gets that skill sorted, he then progresses on to another aspect of his game and so forth. He is basically the same product that we first saw in his debut other then what the experience of NRL brings.

He has 2 more seasons of development and excuses. If he hasn't improved by a long shot from where he is now, I would be looking at other more potent offensive options.

I mean, even before the Dragons game, we only had a 50 point differential, the lowest of the top 4 sides. That is not anywhere good enough for the most powerful pack in the game and an embarressment for our 6 and 7 playmakers. We should be tearing teams apart once we take control of a game. No one can blame Mahoney this season so far for he has been one of our best with ball in hand and on his feet and so has Gutho.

So the 6 and 7 have had great momentum and front foot opportunities and yet, not much has come from it from either half. Moses has been better at least this season from last seasons crap. His kicking and running game has been the difference in our victory games. Lets hope he keeps getting better still as the season progresses, but Dillon has been very ordinary and doesn't look like improving from what he has produced thus far.

I hope he just needs the time to develop into a high qulity attacking half, or we could have another over hyped player on our hands on to much money.

You will see how young Half Sam Walker handled his debut. Or how Jerome Luai did. Shredded the opposition.
Lets see what Brown shows this season. If you do not see much improvement I reckon we've got ourself nothing more then an average half.
But the season is early. Ill make the cal come finals if we make the top 8.

Eelementary

Post Whore
His forms been ordinary. I doubt we would miss him. Rankin or W.Smith will improve the side imo.

But that's not the point - the imbeciles in the judiciary think that cocking your elbow, smashing a player in the head, and then slamming their head into the ground, performed by a thug with a record, is just as bad as a fairly innocuous crusher...

Gazzamatta

Coach
I understand he wont hit anywhere near his peak untill he is 24.

Corey Norman is a far better half then D.Brown at this point. Norman just didnt fit our culture.
He didn't fit the Drags culture under Mary either. New coach new Normy. Funny that.

Noise

Coach
But that's not the point - the imbeciles in the judiciary think that cocking your elbow, smashing a player in the head, and then slamming their head into the ground, performed by a thug with a record, is just as bad as a fairly innocuous crusher...
No they don't. They judged Kaufusi's worse. His was graded 200 points + 25 carry over = 225 points and served 2 matches with an early guilty plea. Dylan Brown's was graded 100 points + 50 carry over = 150 points and only serves 1 game with the early guilty plea.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Drown has excellent speed over distance but is quite slow out of the blocks. From behind the posts I saw a number of times he hit the hole but didn't have that immediate acceleration to take advantage. Hindy is correct. We lack speed and have done so since Semi and French left.

totally agree. I had hope for him and everyone that had seen him play juniors said he was a gun.but Hope we are too paying him too much as I can see him being just a utility bench player in the Next few years if there’s no improvement. If only he was good at footy like he is at tiktok

Eelementary

Post Whore
No they don't. They judged Kaufusi's worse. His was graded 200 points + 25 carry over = 225 points and served 2 matches with an early guilty plea. Dylan Brown's was graded 100 points + 50 carry over = 150 points and only serves 1 game with the early guilty plea.

Base penalty for Brown's was 200 points.

How is it not being judged in the same vein?

Had Kaufusi not had carry over points, the loading would have been the same - the only difference is Kaufusi is a dog, with a record, while Brown is a cleanskin.

It's disgraceful that Kaufusi's dog shot only merited 200 base points in the first place.

hindy111

Post Whore
Drown has excellent speed over distance but is quite slow out of the blocks. From behind the posts I saw a number of times he hit the hole but didn't have that immediate acceleration to take advantage. Hindy is correct. We lack speed and have done so since Semi and French left.

Teams compress cause they no we are slow put wide. If we make a break they'll run us down.

Noise

Coach
Base penalty for Brown's was 200 points.

How is it not being judged in the same vein?

Had Kaufusi not had carry over points, the loading would have been the same - the only difference is Kaufusi is a dog, with a record, while Brown is a cleanskin.

It's disgraceful that Kaufusi's dog shot only merited 200 base points in the first place.
I agree that Kaufusi should have got more but the end result saw a harsher grading / penalty for Kaufusi compared to Brown even though Kaufusi had less carry over points.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree that Kaufusi should have got more but the end result saw a harsher grading / penalty for Kaufusi compared to Brown even though Kaufusi had less carry over points.

True.

I guess what I cannot wrap my head around is that in the judiciary's eyes, both base penalties were the same - when the offences were miles apart.

I think it's a joke that Kaufusi copped two weeks for his shot on Matterson - that is beyond laughable.

Last edited: