What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

Crashtest

Juniors
He decided he was worth more than originally agreed to so it is on him how much he's being paid.

I take a view that a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay him. Just because he wanted $600k doesn’t mean the club has to pay that if they don’t think he is worth it, or has the potential to each that value.

They could of just let him walk, like they have with a number of players over the last 2 years.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah he looked dangerous a few times, ran straight over deardon at one point which was nice, I wouldn’t even say he is out of form anymore he’s just playing a hard position.

When he runs a decoy in our set plays and shifts out wide he attracts a lot more attention than Dylan does just cause of his size, defenders sag towards more than they would Dylan I think. Bit of a mini kikau effect on his decoy runs.

Capewell scored because Dearden took Crichton instead. That stuff won't show up on stats but that is the presence he is having aside from all the run metres etc

franklin2323

Immortal
But it’s not his fault though what the club valued him at in order to keep him. They obviously signed him on that money based on the potential they think he has, rather than expecting a complete rep player performance from a young player in his second season.

Yep he is on that from 2022

maple_69

Bench
I’ve liked our early right side shifts where Staines has popped up a few in and created some half chances through his speed. It’s been a while since we had a guy with speed and the rest of the side need to learn how to use it. Compare it to Melbourne who are experts at unleashing JAC.

WestyLife

First Grade
Got the stream for NSW cup up. Looking forward to it thanks for letting us know. It's on NSWRL Facebook for anyone else.

I’m assuming Momo’s replacement will be a straight swap with someone in NSW Cup or worst case scenario he plays Tyrone May at right centre (I really hope this isn’t the case).

I doubt he will be moving around multiple positions, doesn’t seem like Ivan’s style.

If Edwards is back, or when Edwards is back, he could move Crichton to right centre. Crichtons passing with Staines outside of him could really be something.

In the meantime I’d assume Naden would come in.

i haven’t watched a replay yet, but that was my impression of Crichton from watching it the first time. So good to have that confirmed from someone that has watched it again

All the hate on Crichton for somebody that has only played three games at fullback seems way over the top.

I think he has already shown in only 3 games that he has far more potential as an attacking threat at fullback than Edwards.

I don’t think it’s hate, it’s just recognition he’s not ready for FB. He’s done some good stuff from the back, but he’s not reading things that well. You’ve got to get all the little things right at FB, it’s not just about the flashy plays.

Crashtest

Juniors
Ponga is flop. Can't wait to play him next week

I think it’s more that he is inconsistent and goes missing in some games. But in games when he is switched on he is right up there with Tedesco, Tubo and RTS in skills and match winning ability.

Last nights game is a good example of him being switched on and getting his team the win. And shows we definitely need a plan to shut him down next week

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/17/beware-the-sick-sportsman-kalyn-ponga-edition/

Smug Panther

First Grade
I think it’s more that he is inconsistent and goes missing in some games. But in games when he is switched on he is right up there with Tedesco, Tubo and RTS in skills and match winning ability.

Last nights game is a good example of him being switched on and getting his team the win. And shows we definitely need a plan to shut him down next week

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/17/beware-the-sick-sportsman-kalyn-ponga-edition/
Talented but MILES off Teddy