What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Maddragon99

Juniors

Dragon David

First Grade
Will Chambers has joined the Sharks for the rest of the year at least to bolster their backline.

He will be of benefit to them even at 32 years of age.

be55

Juniors
Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere in the forum or not but just heard on 360 that the latest rumour doing the rounds is the Dragons are looking at recruiting Gagai for next year to play left centre with a view to moving Bird to lock...

If true does that mean Hook doesn't see Max Feagai anywhere near ready for 1st grade because i'm fairly sure that currently the twins are only signed until the end of next year...

If we did end up losing the Feagai twins, i would probably be disappointed, because i always thought that they would make the grade someday...

I guess you never truly know if these young kids are capable of making the step up to first grade or not, but obviously the coaching staff are in a better position than us fans are, to be making those tough calls...

Dragon David

First Grade
I think you missed a joke ...
I get it, Chambers won the Sharks the grand final in 2016 when he regathered the ball after kicking it ahead but failed to pass to a screaming Cooper Cronk in the 78th minute of the game. The Storm could have won but Chambers didn't do the right thing and the Sharks held on to win.

So will he be able to reverse the fortunes for the Storm by not passing to a Cronulla supporter to allow the Storm to hold on to win when the Sharks play them on 30April?

Como Connection

First Grade
Chambers won the grand final with the Storm not the Sharks as far as I know.

The Wests Tigers rumoured to have signed Jackson Hastings from Wigan for 2 years from 2022-2023.
With less than 5 minutes to go in that GF Chambers broke clear well into the Sharks 25, Cronk unmarked inside as support but he didn't pass him the ball and took the tackle.
Try under the posts for Melbourne and game over.
CC

Dragon David

First Grade
Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere in the forum or not but just heard on 360 that the latest rumour doing the rounds is the Dragons are looking at recruiting Gagai for next year to play left centre with a view to moving Bird to lock...

If true does that mean Hook doesn't see Max Feagai anywhere near ready for 1st grade because i'm fairly sure that currently the twins are only signed until the end of next year...

If we did end up losing the Feagai twins, i would probably be disappointed, because i always thought that they would make the grade someday...

I guess you never truly know if these young kids are capable of making the step up to first grade or not, but obviously the coaching staff are in a better position than us fans are, to be making those tough calls...
As we all know, there are so many juniors that show potential in all clubs but it does not mean that they will all be great first graders. As you say be55, the coaching staff are in a better position to make better judgement than us on these players.

A guy like Gagai would definitely be a good signing, but I think Souths would be crazy to let him go.

Crush

Coach

Gagai, another QLDer that played under Hook at Broncos.
This is getting ridiculous now....

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
As we all know, there are so many juniors that show potential in all clubs but it does not mean that they will all be great first graders. As you say be55, the coaching staff are in a better position to make better judgement than us on these players.

A guy like Gagai would definitely be a good signing, but I think Souths would be crazy to let him go.

Gagai, even at the age of 30, would still be a great buy imo- he seems to have the type of body that ages well and has retained his speed and evasiveness. Souths have an abundance of backline talent- keeping Alex Johnston didn't help and thus the dilemma with Reynolds. I would argue that, while Reynolds is playing scintillating footy now, he didn't always take on the line last year while Gagai rarely has a bad game and is often a match winner. If we get rid of Wiliame, we're going to need centre cover, eg during Origin, and Matt and Max will still be needed