What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

Black Diamond

Juniors
Yes this got posted by betcats on the "penrith" hate thread going on in the main threads section..

Ryan James can't remember how to say a welcome speech, but can knock a helpless player in the head off the ball...
What an absolute c###!

Oh well, I only ever read the Panthers forum and thought it was worth sharing.

That is a good article. Thanks.

It highlights the grubby tactics the Raiders players where doing all game. Yet no mention of such last week. Us bad, Raiders good. Ricky gets to whinge to deflect.
The usual axe grinders who couldn't wait to come out and dig the boot in.
A complete mountain out of a molehill. Anything for Click bait and throw some mud.

You can sit down and watch 8 games a week and in every game find niggles and dirty tactics that get missed.

The reaction last week from a certain section of the media was hypercritical and full blown hyperbolic.

GongPanther

Referee
Absolutely. I’m sure the media spin had the desired effect, click bait and all. I enjoy watching NRL 360 but there are some serious agendas and bias from certain panel members.
Cooper was having his usual pro Canberra V anti-Panthers exorcism. Green shit spewing all over the place.

Jane Murray

Bench

It highlights the grubby tactics the Raiders players where doing all game. Yet no mention of such last week. Us bad, Raiders good. Ricky gets to whinge to deflect.
A complete mountain out of a molehill. Anything for Click bait and throw some mud.

You can sit down and watch 8 games a week and in every game find niggles and dirty tactics that get missed.

The reaction last week from a certain section of the media was hypercritical and full blown hyperbolic.
Which was aired before we played the darlings of the NRL. Coincidence, I think not.

GongPanther

Referee

Doesn't suit their narrative, which in all aspects is a very dangerous practice.

The yak

Juniors
Success breeds jealously.
If you don't like or respect where the critical opinions are coming from, don't listen to the drivel.
NRL is a game full of self interest and agendas.
I was aware this story floating around last week on here but, I could care less about it and tuned out. It was a minor incident.

In my opinion only a few teams are capable of beating us. The rest aren't good enough and will instead try to throw us off our game with niggling tactics, enticed to bait someone into doing something stupid.
Thankfully we don't have a hot-head like Hetherington or TPJ here to fall for it.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
Yeah and Ricky thinks Fish is scared of Wighton :joy:

This is coming from a man who assaults chairs when things do not go his way. Also, Stuart coaches players, who push opposition players from behind. Crocker, and Rapana, are well known for this cowardly behavior.

age.s

First Grade
The RL media is full of boneheaded drunks looking to hype up some nonsense in support of personal agendas. Always has been, likely always will be.

I'm much more interested in how we react to it. We've played one game since the controversy, a game in which the opposition lifted and we were (relatively) flat. A game in which we clearly displayed (via the handshake) that the controversy had at least been acknowledged in the inner circle. Combine the two and it doesn't look great. If the media bullshit was a test I'd give us a C. Plenty of room for improvement.

If we want to build a dynasty we need to be better at handling crap like this.