What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

This. He should move not others once Origin starts he will be in the halves.

It makes no sense to move Crichton to the right. Dropping Mom
To only move it back once Burton is in the halves.

One of Burton of Mom have to be dropped soon enough when Edwards is back, I see no reason why you wouldn’t do it now to move Crichton out of FB.

FB is too important a position to leave with someone who’s obviously really struggling with it.

GongPanther

Referee
This time last year we had four wins, and I draw. We were in five spot. On the ladder we had 102 for, and 72 against points. This year, we sit in our right first position. We have recorded no loses. We have 140 for, and 26 against. People reckoned that we will struggle without Trent Barrett, I wonder if they are enjoying their humble pie?
A 28-5 average. Thing is, we are yet to hit our peak. And once we do, it'll be quite a side.

The_Frog

First Grade
One of Burton of Mom have to be dropped soon enough when Edwards is back, I see no reason why you wouldn’t do it now to move Crichton out of FB.

FB is too important a position to leave with someone who’s obviously really struggling with it.
By so doing you destroy a player's confidence and also leave him with a stigma of having failed at fullback, as well as needing to drop someone or play someone out of position. Far better to assist him to overcome his issues at the back on the training paddock, especially since we don't have a hard game before Dyl is due back.

franklin2323

Immortal

No Brainer Burton. He is the one that is going to be moved during Origin and he can only play left and the Kikau, Luai/Crichton side is very good.

Also what has Burton done that Crichton won't do in that position? Luai is a freak and gets guys into gaps

The_Frog

First Grade
A 28-5 average. Thing is, we are yet to hit our peak. And once we do, it'll be quite a side.
I remember a Roy Masters article about the 1991 Panthers, written mid-season. That side also was trampling opponents with seeming ease while not appearing to be at their best.

It began along the lines of "at the end of the M4 (which started at Emu Plains in those days) sits a prime mover called the Penrith Panthers. At the moment it is just idling. Fans of opposing clubs fear that it will soon get moving. Fans of the Panthers fear that it won't."

It is now history that the prime mover didn't really get moving until the final 40 minutes of the season.

By so doing you destroy a player's confidence and also leave him with a stigma of having failed at fullback, as well as needing to drop someone or play someone out of position. Far better to assist him to overcome his issues at the back on the training paddock, especially since we don't have a hard game before Dyl is due back.

Good points.

As someone else mentioned though, what if Edwards goes down right before the finals? Crichton at fullback looks like too much of a project to me right now, I think it’s likely Staines would be able to come up to speed in the position a lot quicker.

betcats

Referee

Sign him up!

Edit: when he talks about how we isolate fullbacks by kicking early, that’s what teams would do to Charlie if he was back there, kick early chase hard and it’s almost always going to end in a dominant tackle if the kicks good. A year or two on the wing to learn how to deal with that will help him a lot imo.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Seibs almost sounding like a coach here.

Might make a good assistant.
Keep him at newy, they seem to be stacking up injuries,..... we dont want that here, or that knife he holds behind the coaches he hangs around

Jane Murray

Bench
Yes this got posted by betcats on the "penrith" hate thread going on in the main threads section..

Ryan James can't remember how to say a welcome speech, but can knock a helpless player in the head off the ball...
What an absolute c###!
Please, do not describe Ryan James as a part of a females anatomy. Countries are useful, Ryan James is not.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yes this got posted by betcats on the "penrith" hate thread going on in the main threads section..

Ryan James can't remember how to say a welcome speech, but can knock a helpless player in the head off the ball...
What an absolute c###!

Never leave the Panther section but read through that thread. No wonder the Crichton debate got some so rattled that looked like a chore to be apart of.

Also funny raiders fans bagging us for losing the gf. If that's all that matters Tigers won more recently than Raiders and are therefore the superior team.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Nice to read some common sense around the rubbish put out by the DT journos.

It was and remains a storm in a tea cup.

Of the current top four - top six sides we are clearly the most popular amongst the impartial fans.
I think it might be our young enthusiasm in the squad