What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

LINESPEED

Juniors
Hunt won’t play. That’s the mail I am hearing.

And finally Hook has seen the light FFS

...& dropped the very ordinary
(but fuc/k he had a great Lafai-like preseason lol, lol & lol) McGregor-era journeyman-backline-cum-forward-impostor Williame

Fui or Ford, as bona fide decent forwards, could’ve covered any backline injury over these last rotation-wasted 6 weeks FFS

...and there’d’ve been less forward fatigue last week

Go the Parkes lad Billy

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Not a bad idea tbh, Wiliame is getting 10 mins per game so if Hunt was to be 17 there’s no real loss with him sitting there. My concern is if he isn’t 100 % then why risk him with a chance of causing further injury. It’s round 7 and no need to risk our marquee hb with another 18 rounds to go. I’m sure Hook will take the safety approach and give him 1 more week then be sweet as apples for next Sunday vs the Tigers.

I am also on board with getting him 100% and to rest another week. You'll get no argument from me BUT, and this will sound a bit tough, but look at what Walker has done in a few games compared to Cluney. One is a proven match winner (can you imagine him in 10 years time) and the other is a solid fill in that won't let us down. Hopefully a determined team effort can get us an upset win but we will really be struggling for points without Hunt in his current purple patch.

Official now, Hunt is out.

to_ddeath

Coach
Hunt out is a huge blow, we’re really going to be up against it.
Can’t tip us with confidence even though this halves combo beat Parra quite well.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I am also on board with getting him 100% and to rest another week. You'll get no argument from me BUT, and this will sound a bit tough, but look at what Walker has done in a few games compared to Cluney. One is a proven match winner (can you imagine him in 10 years time) and the other is a solid fill in that won't let us down. Hopefully a determined team effort can get us an upset win but we will really be struggling for points without Hunt in his current purple patch.

Official now, Hunt is out.
Sims will be all over the kid.

Gareth67

First Grade
Bad tidings for Hunt however it’s now up to the rest of the team to back Clune and Norman , for our forwards to give their best effort this season in defense and finally for our ‘ pile-driver ‘ Ravawala to smash the rorters backs into the ground - particularly the Morris boys ! :relaxed:

redv13

Bench
The bulldogs 18th man wasnt in the original 21 that's why I asked
All good. Pretty sure Brandon Wakeham went into their 21 when DWZ had his issue and went to hospital mid week. Would have got nrl approval. Hunt was removed from the squad 24 hrs before kickoff so that rules him out.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Burns will play he has already been given his debut number.
JP may play too.
I’ve often posted on here that I think JP could be very effective on an edge he’s a very hard runner. I’d like to see him run wild with Dufty or Ramsey in support.

Also can’t Ramsey be given a Blacklock style roving commission? Right now Ramsey doesn’t have enough opportunity.

Old Timer

Coach
And finally Hook has seen the light FFS

...& dropped the very ordinary
(but fuc/k he had a great Lafai-like preseason lol, lol & lol) McGregor-era journeyman-backline-cum-forward-impostor Williame

Fui or Ford, as bona fide decent forwards, could’ve covered any backline injury over these last rotation-wasted 6 weeks FFS

...and there’d’ve been less forward fatigue last week

Go the Parkes lad Billy
I think you will find that Hook merely used Williame as an insurance policy whilst Bird was getting match fitness and fitting into the team.

Now that Bird has proven he is 100% fit then Williame is surplus to requirements.

No doubt if Ford had of lived up to the early hype he may have got that bench spot before Williame but Ford has proven to be less than competent in defence and remains in reggies as a result of that.

I think Hook has made the right calls thus far and is why we are sitting in the 8.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If Rava has picked up and injury and cannot play it will require some swapping around of players ie: Rava has been playing on the right with Ramsey on the left. JP is predominately a left side player. So, do we move Ramsey to the right and JP to the left?

Latest posts