What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Clune

possm

Coach
For the game against the Warriors, we would have done better early if we had the run-on side with McGuire, McCullough and Vaughan in the front row for a start. Kerr and Clune should have been working much closer together and given that they are both still gaining experience in their positions, Fui should have been given instructions to support them.

Bird was busy providing support to Ramsey but really should ahve been working closely with Norman and Sims as it became clear that the Warriors were going to aggressively attack the edges.

One of our biggest problems on the day related to our long kicking game where Norman failed to kick long into the corners instead of medium range kicks right down the throat of RTS. If Norman does the same against the Chooks this week, Tedesco will have a field day. The kick chase needs to be long and spot on against the Chooks this week.

I think it time that Webb has a chat with the the referee boss regarding the apparent bios against the Dragons with regard to the 6 again rule.

True_Believer

Juniors
For the game against the Warriors, we would have done better early if we had the run-on side with McGuire, McCullough and Vaughan in the front row for a start. Kerr and Clune should have been working much closer together and given that they are both still gaining experience in their positions, Fui should have been given instructions to support them.

Bird was busy providing support to Ramsey but really should ahve been working closely with Norman and Sims as it became clear that the Warriors were going to aggressively attack the edges.

One of our biggest problems on the day related to our long kicking game where Norman failed to kick long into the corners instead of medium range kicks right down the throat of RTS. If Norman does the same against the Chooks this week, Tedesco will have a field day. The kick chase needs to be long and spot on against the Chooks this week.

I think it time that Webb has a chat with the the referee boss regarding the apparent bios against the Dragons with regard to the 6 again rule.

We had 4 less kicks than the Warriors but kicked the same distance. So we were kicking long, just not into space every time. I'd say alot of that had to do with fatigue and pressure from the kick chasers.

The eels game was completely the opposite. Long kicks and more often into space. So it's not that Norman can't do it. I'd say that there were factors in the NZ game that impacted his ability to do it.

Maddragon99

Juniors
We had 4 less kicks than the Warriors but kicked the same distance. So we were kicking long, just not into space every time. I'd say alot of that had to do with fatigue and pressure from the kick chasers.

The eels game was completely the opposite. Long kicks and more often into space. So it's not that Norman can't do it. I'd say that there were factors in the NZ game that impacted his ability to do it.
That’s the issue, 2 of our most influential players are also our 2 most inconsistent players. Dufty let’s in almost as many tries as he scores & Norman tends to drift in & out of games rather than stamp his authority.

I don’t have the Warriors finishing in the top 8 yet they stuck it to us away at Kogarah.

It’s important to get back on track this Sunday with winnerable home games against the Tigers & Bulldogs to follow.

True_Believer

Juniors
That’s the issue, 2 of our most influential players are also our 2 most inconsistent players. Dufty let’s in almost as many tries as he scores & Norman tends to drift in & out of games rather than stamp his authority.

I don’t have the Warriors finishing in the top 8 yet they stuck it to us away at Kogarah.

It’s important to get back on track this Sunday with winnerable home games against the Tigers & Bulldogs to follow.

What's the issue? He was 'inconsistent' on the weekend because the forwards didn't play the same game as they did against the eels. The inconsistency was across the team.

And as most people know, if your forwards aren't laying a solid platform, that leaves limited opportunities for your halves to perform.

Maddragon99

Juniors
What's the issue? He was 'inconsistent' on the weekend because the forwards didn't play the same game as they did against the eels. The inconsistency was across the team.

And as most people know, if your forwards aren't laying a solid platform, that leaves limited opportunities for your halves to perform.
Even the Dufty fanboys would have to admit he had a indifferent game on Sunday. Flashes of brilliance combined with simple costly errors.

I thought it was concerning a mid table team could come to our house & push around our pack. I’m expecting an improvement on Sunday.

TruSaint

Referee
Even the Dufty fanboys would have to admit he had a indifferent game on Sunday. Flashes of brilliance combined with simple costly errors.

I thought it was concerning a mid table team could come to our house & push around our pack. I’m expecting an improvement on Sunday.

I expected us to win that game.

I can see your point however, RTS had a blinder and they completed at 100%. I also don't think they are more than a mid table team, but like Ponga is to the Knights and Turbo to Manly, RTS when on song they win.

Maddragon99

Juniors

I can see your point however, RTS had a blinder and they completed at 100%. I also don't think they are more than a mid table team, but like Ponga is to the Knights and Turbo to Manly, RTS when on song they win.
I’d never wish injury on any player but it’s almost like we need Dufty to pick up a minor soft tissue niggle like a calf strain so Ramsey can take over for 2wks & see if he can live up to the hype. I also have a theory that Dufty‘s passing game is making Norman lazy. So far they both have 3 try assists along with Bird & Clune. Hunt has 5. Surely you’d expect your 5/8 to be more creative than your fullback.

TruSaint

Referee
I’d never wish injury on any player but it’s almost like we need Dufty to pick up a minor soft tissue niggle like a calf strain so Ramsey can take over for 2wks & see if he can live up to the hype. I also have a theory that Dufty‘s passing game is making Norman lazy. So far they both have 3 try assists along with Bird & Clune. Hunt has 5. Surely you’d expect your 5/8 to be more creative than your fullback.

Fair enough. Think Ramsey will get his chance at some stage. He is unproven yet, albeit seems to have potential.

True_Believer

Juniors

They did the same with Canberra. They might be a mid table pack, but so are we. Actually, I think we are playing above our weight.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Yes on most occassions it was right down RTS throat..which in turn meant our chasers were gassed just trying to get up near him before he made any headway....I guess we were lacking those xtra kicks of Hunt as well

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade

Yeh, the loss was surprising, especially at Kogarah.

But they completed at almost 100% and their franchise player had a blinder. They beat most teams on that performance. Would be nice to have our own version of RTS who can win a game for you consistently (he did the same against the Raiders).

redv13

Bench

But they completed at almost 100% and their franchise player had a blinder. They beat most teams on that performance. Would be nice to have our own version of RTS who can win a game for you consistently (he did the same against the Raiders).
For everything that went against us ( NZ played well, completed their sets to near perfection, help from the ref, no help from the video ref twice and both were 50/50 , RTS having a blinder ) and we had our chances in the last 20 mins to win it. People on here need to cheer up. We lost by 6. Apply all of the above under the ex moron and we lose that game by 30

Maddragon99

Juniors

Sorry mate, calling BS on that one, they completed so highly due to the lack of pressure we put them under. If our game plan is to wait until opposition teams drop the ball cold then we are in trouble.

For all the Dufty fanboys out there compare his game to RTS to see how a real elite fullback plays. Fortunately Hook has already gone grey.

getsmarty

Immortal
cluneadam-210418-1gp_2103_2021418113313.jpg

TELSTRA TRACKER

Presented By

Stat Attack: Consistent Clune continues clocking up kilometres
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 22 Apr 2021, 12:35 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra's Adam Clune isn't the NRL's biggest name but one thing that can't be questioned is his on-field work ethic.

In four matches this season - deputising for the suspended Corey Norman in round one and then for the injured Ben Hunt over the past three games - Clune has racked up the most kilometres of any player twice and finished second on another occasion, per Telstra Tracker data.

Clune is one of three players to tally 10km or more in a game this year having posted 10.08km in round four against the Knights. Parramatta's Clint Gutherson (10.29km, round three) and Rooster Sam Walker (10.07km, round four) are the others to reach the mark.

ttracker_1-total-distance_20210421.jpg

The Dragons playmaker ran 9.44km in round one (second in the league) and topped the total distance leaderboard last weekend despite his team losing 20-14 to the Warriors at Netstrata Jubilee Oval.

Other standout efforts in round six included Manly's Jason Saab again recording the fastest speed with 36.2km/h in a win over Titans - a week after scorching the turf to reach 38km/h against the Warriors.

ttracker_2-relative-distance_20210421.jpg

South Sydney winger Alex Johnston (35.9km/h) showed plenty of toe in his team's golden point victory against the Wests Tigers.

In the other categories, Sea Eagles flyer Reuben Garrick recorded the most high-speed metres (20km/h or more) with 962m ahead of ever-improving Sharks fullback William Kennedy (846m).

ttracker_3-high-speed-distance_20210421.jpg

And Melbourne utility Nicho Hynes ranked first for relative distance (metres per minute) with 108 - but he only played 24 minutes off the interchange in the Storm's triumph over the Sydney Roosters.

Panthers halfback Nathan Cleary, meanwhile, played the full 80 minutes against the Broncos and posted 106mpm in addition to scoring the decisive try and booting a clutch two-point field goal.

ttracker_4-maximum-velocity_20210421.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/21/stat-attack-consistent-clune-continues-racking-up-kilometres/

giboz71

First Grade
Sorry mate, calling BS on that one, they completed so highly due to the lack of pressure we put them under. If our game plan is to wait until opposition teams drop the ball cold then we are in trouble.

For all the Dufty fanboys out there compare his game to RTS to see how a real elite fullback plays. Fortunately Hook has already gone grey.

Mate we’re 4-2, and we beat a previously undefeated Parra at Bankwest by beating them into submission. We were just a bit down last week and Warriors just too good, we didn’t play that poorly.

That happens sometimes.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Mate we’re 4-2, and we beat a previously undefeated Parra at Bankwest by beating them into submission. We were just a bit down last week and Warriors just too good, we didn’t play that poorly.

That happens sometimes.
An ambush was always on the cards with Anzac Day looming. RTS had his best game in ages, and they completed at 100%. Our halves last tackle options were terrible and we were pretty average at the back but all things considered we were in it until the last set so you can say it was an honourable loss. The main concern with me is that our halves in particular are great front runners but don’t seem able to get us out of a situation and take control when we are under pressure. Let’s hope Sims and McGuire really put the Rorters halves under pressure this weekend.

possm

Coach
An ambush was always on the cards with Anzac Day looming. RTS had his best game in ages, and they completed at 100%. Our halves last tackle options were terrible and we were pretty average at the back but all things considered we were in it until the last set so you can say it was an honourable loss. The main concern with me is that our halves in particular are great front runners but don’t seem able to get us out of a situation and take control when we are under pressure. Let’s hope Sims and McGuire really put the Rorters halves under pressure this weekend.
The Warriors completed so we because the Dragons did not put pressure in the Warriors forwards or playmakers and Norman kicked the ball right down the throat of RTS all game.

Saints were fatigued after that brusing belting they handed out to the Eels the previous game. Let's see how they go again today without Hunt. Hopefully the inclusion of McGuire and Lawrie will make a big difference. I sure hope Ravalawa is fit to play.