What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Clune

2010Dragons

Bench
If you were there, you would have seen Shulman taken off in the first half of 9 all draw, & then sat on the bench due to injury in the replay 22-0. so he didn't really win it for us. LOL
I know, I was on the front page of the telegraph the next day !!!!!!
Harry the old fox had mark suit up ready to play in the GF replay the boys :rocket Albert stone all ripped in every time Harry asked mark to take his tracksuit off. The pigs played for Mark and paid back the filthy eels... price and co the bashing they needed. Mark was the catalyst.

denis preston

First Grade
Harry the old fox had mark suit up ready to play in the GF replay the boys :rocket Albert stone all ripped in every time Harry asked mark to take his tracksuit off. The pigs played for Mark and paid back the filthy eels... price and co the bashing they needed. Mark was the catalyst.
Jesus, thats a very long bow take on the 1977 Gf !!

slippery5

Juniors
I know I kept getting excited every time he got up & did some stretches thinking he was coming on but Bailey did an honourable job as his replacement.

qld redvee

Juniors
I know I kept getting excited every time he got up & did some stretches thinking he was coming on but Bailey did an honourable job as his replacement.
And didnt the old fox work it a treat !!! I was there for the replay and how good was it when the crowd lifted when shulman first came out and then stood up .I reckon the roof was raised with the chants !!...
Slip , Ive been lucky enough to be at a few St George things where this comes up and shulman has been there as well . Just mind games from Harry but also the way that the forward pack hunted to get pay back was awesome to see as a supporter .. Could you imagine anything like we witnessed happening today ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I know clune looks older than he is, but I didn’t know he was playing in the 70s..

2010Dragons

Bench
I know clune looks older than he is, but I didn’t know he was playing in the 70s..
Ahhhhh muzby just let us old goats reminisce about the good OLD days. When the game was played hard and pay back bashing was apart of the game. Those were the days my friend!!
These days most players look like Olympic runners who don’t want to get hurt.
You had to be there to appreciate the real rugby league.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
In fairness to Clune, the Warriors targeted him in defense. When your half back is making 31 tackles, which in fact was more than Vaughan (29) and Sims (30). In fact they targeted that right side pretty much before switching to the left.

Yes Cluney missed 5 tackles, but so did Ravalawa (made 9 missed 5) and Bird missed 4 tackles (made 9 missed 4) one of which led to the Warriors winning try. We tend to unconsciously ignore their poor defense due to some flashes of brilliance throughout the game.

Not for 1 second suggesting Clune doesn't need to improve his defense, he absolutely does, but he is not alone in that department.

blacksafake

First Grade
In fairness to Clune, the Warriors targeted him in defense. When your half back is making 31 tackles, which in fact was more than Vaughan (29) and Sims (30). In fact they targeted that right side pretty much before switching to the left.

Yes Cluney missed 5 tackles, but so did Ravalawa (made 9 missed 5) and Bird missed 4 tackles (made 9 missed 4) one of which led to the Warriors winning try. We tend to unconsciously ignore their poor defense due to some flashes of brilliance throughout the game.

Not for 1 second suggesting Clune doesn't need to improve his defense, he absolutely does, but he is not alone in that department.
Good post

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Norman is finally playing well but I think he’s surplus to requirements in 2022. Don’t forget Bird can also easily play 6 if Sullivan picks up an injury.

Bird is playing very well in the centre’s but he’s also holding back Max Feagai who’s our long term left centre.

Given our depth I’d prefer to let Norman go & use that money to pick up a utility who can cover dummy half should McCullough get injured.

Dufty is where the real dilemma is, his form warrants an extension but everyone knows Ramsey is the long term fullback with Matt Feagai taking his wing spot to play with his brother.

I guess it’s good to have depth & options but there’s a few tough decisions to be made. In an ideal world I’d like Hook extended so he’s got the security of being able to build long term success with our juniors rather than short to success because of his 2yr contract.
What is it about Bird that shows he can easily play 6 if one the halves are injured. I mean I wouldn't baulk at trying him there but has he ever demonstrated a quality passing or kicking game over his career? Maybe early on in the lower grades/juniors but I cannot recall him ever playing in the halves in the NRL. I think he is a 13.

George Dragon

Juniors
What is it about Bird that shows he can easily play 6 if one the halves are injured. I mean I wouldn't baulk at trying him there but has he ever demonstrated a quality passing or kicking game over his career? Maybe early on in the lower grades/juniors but I cannot recall him ever playing in the halves in the NRL. I think he is a 13.
Only played an entire season as a 5/8 including finals matches, over a quarter of his games.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Do you know how Bird went in those games at 5/8th George?
I seem to recall in 2015 in so, during his early Cronulla career, he replaced Ben Barba at 5/8 one week due to injury, and scored two tries. When Barba came back the next week he was benched and Bird retained his spot in the halves

Dragon David

First Grade
I seem to recall in 2015 in so, during his early Cronulla career, he replaced Ben Barba at 5/8 one week due to injury, and scored two tries. When Barba came back the next week he was benched and Bird retained his spot in the halves
Nice. Thanks Brutalitops.

BLM01

First Grade

As Hook said where was the calvary to help Clune out in defence
He’s inside man did not help him out in that department

True_Believer

Juniors

Fantastic post. It was an obvious strategy by the Warriors to target Clune in defence - especially in the first half. I would even go so far as saying they made most of their meters down his side.

From another angle, realistically, his edge support should have been providing alot more cover for him. Given the stats suggest that we were poor defensively across the park, to me it would point more to the team being fatigued early and players either side struggling to get across in time to assist.

Clune and Norman struggled throughout the game and part of this was due to a lack of support defensively.

The ref hammering us for most of the game wouldn't have helped either.

Latest posts