What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

panthersam

Juniors
Anyway, this far into the season, do we all agree that the winner of the comp is going to be one of us, the Storm, or the Rabbits (injuries notwithstanding)? Or do some people think the Eels have a shot at it as well? Because I can't see anyone outside of that three (or four) challenging.

(I personally don't see the Eels as an option)

Definitely, would have to be a pretty big collapse from those top three or four teams to even imagine any other team winning it this season.

WestyLife

First Grade
Anyway, this far into the season, do we all agree that the winner of the comp is going to be one of us, the Storm, or the Rabbits (injuries notwithstanding)? Or do some people think the Eels have a shot at it as well? Because I can't see anyone outside of that three (or four) challenging.

(I personally don't see the Eels as an option)

Seems like it so far unless someone picks up mid year.

I don't get the ridiculous hard on for Latrell. I really don't. Very good player but the league is stacked with them and most of them aren't dickheads.

Same he somehow became the big dog of the nrl and he hasn't had to earn it.

maple_69

Bench
I’m swinging for the Eels. Would love nothing more than Souths/Melbourne/Roosters to not be involved and our GF opponent to be the Slimeys.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’m swinging for the Eels. Would love nothing more than Souths/Melbourne/Roosters to not be involved and our GF opponent to be the Slimeys.

Would be cool to have the rivalry GF but not sure they can make it past those teams in finals footy.

The Realist

Juniors

My only problem with that would be a Parra win will make all those many Parra fans we all know completely insufferable, at the same time as us being utterly crushed by back to back GF losses.

MugaB

Coach
My only problem with that would be a Parra win will make all those many Parra fans we all know completely insufferable, at the same time as us being utterly crushed by back to back GF losses.
Yes we cannot be the chokers to the chokers

The_Frog

First Grade
There has emerged in this comp a big 5. These 5 teams are the only teams realistically in the running to win the comp. So dominant is this big 5 that they've played 30 games against teams outside the big 5 and lost only one of them.

Since these teams are expected to and almost always win against the other 11 teams, in order to work out who is going the best you have to compare performances against other big 5 teams. Games against the other 11 only count if you lose.

Panthers Played 1 won 1 Lost 0 Net +1
Parra Played 1 Won 1 Lost 0, 1 loss against other 11, net 0.
Souths Played 2 Won 1 Lost 1 Net 0.
Roosters Played 2 Won 0 Lost 2 Net -2.
Storm Played 4 Won 2 Lost 2 Net 0.

That puts Panthers at the top. Storm I would put next by virtue of the number of hard games they've already played and therefore fewer hard games to come.

WestyLife

First Grade
There has emerged in this comp a big 5. These 5 teams are the only teams realistically in the running to win the comp. So dominant is this big 5 that they've played 30 games against teams outside the big 5 and lost only one of them.

Since these teams are expected to and almost always win against the other 11 teams, in order to work out who is going the best you have to compare performances against other big 5 teams. Games against the other 11 only count if you lose.

Panthers Played 1 won 1 Lost 0 Net +1
Parra Played 1 Won 1 Lost 0, 1 loss against other 11, net 0.
Souths Played 2 Won 1 Lost 1 Net 0.
Roosters Played 2 Won 0 Lost 2 Net -2.
Storm Played 4 Won 2 Lost 2 Net 0.

That puts Panthers at the top. Storm I would put next by virtue of the number of hard games they've already played and therefore fewer hard games to come.

Lol>

WestyLife

First Grade
The Eels lose a game for losing to Dragons. Same idea though, not all that out of this world.

Yeah. Still will be interesting to see how it falls by season's end. Storm are the one that worry me. We've had a good run but I still see them at full strength as favourites.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeah. Still will be interesting to see how it falls by season's end. Storm are the one that worry me. We've had a good run but I still see them at full strength as favourites.

Both sides at full strength, I would tip the Storm, simply because Bellamy is a better coach than Cleary. Would rather face any other team in the final.

WestyLife

First Grade
If it wasn't for first half nerves from our side, I have no doubt we would have won the grand final.

The last 4 GFs have been won by 2 teams, the Storm will go down as 1 of 2 teams in contention for team of the decade and Bellamy is one of the best coaches in the history of the sport. We might’ve won but they would've made it difficult regardless.

Original Name

Juniors
Both sides at full strength, I would tip the Storm, simply because Bellamy is a better coach than Cleary. Would rather face any other team in the final.
It's that Grant, Smith Nas combo that worries me. Quick play the balls followed by a hooker like Grant is terrifying.

Say close to the line Smith takes a run and gets a quick ptb. Off the back of that Grant jumps out of hooker and gets Nas one on one. Even if he passed out the back to Munster the defense isn't sliding because of NAS so Munsters can carve up. Either way we're screwed. In that match against the Storm off a freaking tap Smith ran at Yeo and somebody else and got a quick ptb which resulted in Storm's shift to almost score in the last play off the game. Once they get that worringly quick play the ball with Grant at hooker we should be very worried.

Last edited: