What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

The_Frog

First Grade
I think unless Cleary has a blinder of a series for the Blues, we could go through the season only dropping a game or two and a heap would still have us behind Melbourne/Easts on the basis of big game experience.
This is why we weren't favourites in the '91 GF despite having been the best team all year by a mile. Raiders were slight fav's, having won it the last two years and no team had ever reversed a GF result from the previous year. Also they'd put the cleaners through the Bears in the PF while we'd just fallen over the line against them.

The_Frog

First Grade
This year?, sorry haven't watched too much nrl360, coz ive been sick of them ignoring us, or writing us off
It's really funny how they built up the Roosters-Rabbitohs match a couple of weeks back (which turned out to be a non-event) while ignoring the GF replay (which was the best game of the season so far), and again this week the commemoration of 1991 is completely ignored. Their bias towards the inner city clubs and the Broncos is quite cloying.

The_Frog

First Grade
Significant changes in the premiership betting market. In brackets is the price before a ball was kicked
$
3.5 Panthers (5)
5 Storm (6.5)
5 Rabbitohs (5)
9 Eels (17)
10 Roosters (6)
13 Raiders (10)
34 Titans (17)
41 Manly (26)
41 Dragons (51)
51 Warriors (31)
51 Knights (23)
67 Sharks (34)
101 Cowboys (31)
151 Tigers (41)
251 Broncos (51)
501 Bulldogs (41)

roofromoz

First Grade
I was thinking this morning that Matt Burton may be in with a shout for Dally M Rookie of the Year, but had already played too many matches heading into this year (by just 1).

Kilkenny

Coach
Had nothing on today so popped down and watched the Flegg side. Comprehensive win 40-20 after being 18-0 up early on. The Thunderbolts (Storm JF) have been whipping boys thus far losing all 5 by big margins but they had a bit of a dig and we weren’t overly flash despite the score line. Mark Geyers boy Maverick did some good things in his first spell, has a good off load on him but having said that the opposition weren’t that flash. Thomas Jenkins played, but didn’t have a great game with some costly handling errors and some average defence which appeared to contribute directly to the Storms first two tries.

murraymob

Coach
Had nothing on today so popped down and watched the Flegg side. Comprehensive win 40-20 after being 18-0 up early on. The Thunderbolts (Storm JF) have been whipping boys thus far losing all 5 by big margins but they had a bit of a dig and we weren’t overly flash despite the score line. Mark Geyers boy Maverick did some good things in his first spell, has a good off load on him but having said that the opposition weren’t that flash. Thomas Jenkins played, but didn’t have a great game with some costly handling errors and some average defence which appeared to contribute directly to the Storms first two tries.
Does maverik have to the potential to go higher in the grades

Kilkenny

Coach
Does maverik have to the potential to go higher in the grades

Honestly, it is hard to judge given we were playing the wooden spooners today.

He is a real goer from what I saw today, wanted to be involved, certainly has an off load but I couldn’t make a call based on today’s opposition.

I haven’t seen this Flegg side this season, I have been interstate for the past month.

Normally, in really successful Flegg sides the standouts, stand out and there was really no stand outs today. The fullback did some great work but he is small in stature and there is no future at our club for fullbacks any time soon.

The player that caught my eye came off the bench, Tyreece Tonga, he is a seriously big unit. He didn’t get big minutes, no idea about his background but he looked as though he has a bit of something about him.

I was keen to watch Thomas Jenkins, but it wasn’t his day I’m afraid. Physically he is impressive, tall, strong looking but some handling errors and poor defence led to two Storm tries. Once the highlights reels are available I will be keen to watch again as they were on the opposite side of the field, eastern stand so I hope I’m not being to harsh.

WestyLife

First Grade
20210425_090233.jpg

Loved Girds as a player but he has some terrible takes now he's in the media. Players talent should determine suspensions lol.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Anyway, this far into the season, do we all agree that the winner of the comp is going to be one of us, the Storm, or the Rabbits (injuries notwithstanding)? Or do some people think the Eels have a shot at it as well? Because I can't see anyone outside of that three (or four) challenging.

(I personally don't see the Eels as an option)

Bonus question: Of the other 2 (or 3), who would you LEAST like us to be facing in the Grand Final assuming (touch wood) we make it?

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
I don't get the ridiculous hard on for Latrell. I really don't. Very good player but the league is stacked with them and most of them aren't dickheads.