What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 - Sharks vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 15th May 5:30pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Righteo, it's finally time to forget about last week and put it behind us as we need to dump that game and shift the focus to Cronulla this week. A few weeks ago, no on would consider this a big game but with last Thursday's performance, the enormity of this week has gone through the roof. This is such an important game in the context of our Season because we must bounce back if we are to contend for this Premiership, we absolutely must bounce back. This week is all about showing that the last was an anonmaly, a blip on the radar, a bump in the road. This week is about making amends and setting things right again. It's not going to be easy but I see this game as a must win. It's Magic Round so lets hope our boys can bring some Red and Green magic.

The bounce back factor is there for us but it'll be there for the Sharks too as they were humiliated last week by Penrith. So they'll come into this one with a similar attitude and mentality to us which can be dangerous. We cannot afford to take them lightly, that's for sure. They may be struggling a bit but still boast a quality side still full of Rep players and potential Rep players. They're a tough, gritty side that will scrap and try to drag you down to their level and we cannot allow that to happen. I think the forward battle will be key when the two large packs clash. Both were dominated last week so will be fired up to turn it around.

For us, as I have mentioned we need a huge improvement in just about every area of our game, most noteably the defence. We were defending fantastically the first five Rounds but over the last four weeks, it has just seemed to get worse and worse to the point where it just wasn't there aginst the Storm. So that is the biggest area we must improve along with that completion rate. The job is made tougher by the fact we'll probably get no plahyers back for this one either. Reyno is an outside chance but I still see him as unlikely.

It's just all about making sure we bounce back, put last week benhind us and never play that poorly again. I know the boys can turn it around and I'm quite excited to see how we do so. Bring on Saturday!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 10,

1. Walker
2. Johnston
3. Burns
4. Cartwright
5. Gagai
6. Marshall
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Burgess
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Koloamatangi
12. Su'A
13. Arrow

14. Nicholls
15. Knight
16. Mago
17. Sele

People may be puzzled that I think we'll name pretty much the same side considering the scoreline but hear me out.

We don't have anymore wingers to bring in which to me, means Cody has to stay at fulback for another week because we need it. I know it's not ideal but I feel it's still the best option. Reyno is in big doubt but I think he may just be named just in case. Apart from that, I think Wayne will give everyone another chance. He'll want these boys to really fire up and prove that last weeks game was just an anomaly.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 10: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/05/11/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-ten/

Much better line up this week, pretty happy with that. Gags back to his usual position, Burns to right centre with Milne outside him, hopefully that's a stronger defensive combo. Reyno back which is huge!!! In the forwards, Knight starts at lock with Sele, Arrow and Cartwright on the bench. Much better and I'm glad to see Wayne has made some changes!!

Keen for Saturday!

assess5

Juniors
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 10: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/05/11/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-ten/

Much better line up this week, pretty happy with that. Gags back to his usual position, Burns to right centre with Milne outside him, hopefully that's a stronger defensive combo. Reyno back which is huge!!! In the forwards, Knight starts at lock with Sele, Arrow and Cartwright on the bench. Much better and I'm glad to see Wayne has made some changes!!

Keen for Saturday!
I cannot believe Cartwright is in the side, really surprised he's still in the club.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I cannot believe Cartwright is in the side, really surprised he's still in the club.
He is on a 3 year deal, how can the club throw him out?
Another massive waste of money, what a dud.

And I can't believe Knight is named to start with Arrow on the bench, another joke. We paying 800K+ for a bench warmer and starting a guy who drops the ball, gives away penalties, and misses tackles.

No wonder our cap and priorities are screwed

handyman2190

Bench
Another massive waste of money, what a dud.

And I can't believe Knight is named to start with Arrow on the bench, another joke. We paying 800K+ for a bench warmer and starting a guy who drops the ball, gives away penalties, and misses tackles.

No wonder our cap and priorities are screwed
Agreed, but he is on 500k, id sit him down and give him a talking to, and tell him he will be staying on the whole game, im want 35tackles min, 100m min and no penalties,id give it to him

callmack1

Staff member
Give him a chance man. I don't read too much into his performance last week. it was a bad night at the office where nothing went right plus, it was his first game back from a long injury lay off.

We all saw how valuable he can be to the squad at the back end of 2020 so let's give him a chance to settle in again this year.

handyman2190

Bench
Give him a chance man. I don't read too much into his performance last week. it was a bad night at the office where nothing went right plus, it was his first game back from a long injury lay off.

We all saw how valuable he can be to the squad at the back end of 2020 so let's give him a chance to settle in again this year.
He didnt even have a pre season,just like burns, they have been thrown in at the deep end

assess5

Juniors

Give him a chance, remember when he should have scored against Penrith, over the line and someone took the ball off him. Happened twice against the Storm, give him a chance, like bloody hell, you people are always running down people like Gagai and you defend f**kwits like Cartwright and Paulo.
Wake up to yourself, get an understanding of the game.

callmack1

Staff member
Give him a chance, remember when he should have scored against Penrith, over the line and someone took the ball off him. Happened twice against the Storm, give him a chance, like bloody hell, you people are always running down people like Gagai and you defend f**kwits like Cartwright and Paulo.
Wake up to yourself, get an understanding of the game.
I'm not defending him at all mate, there's no excuse for the errors you mention. However, I see real potential in Cartwright, as the the club obviously does.

Don't question my understanding of the game, I am simply giving my opinion. If you disagree, that's perfectly fine mate.

southsport

First Grade
I'm not defending him at all mate, there's no excuse for the errors you mention. However, I see real potential in Cartwright, as the the club obviously does.

Don't question my understanding of the game, I am simply giving my opinion. If you disagree, that's perfectly fine mate.
We've got the rest of the season to see how Cartwright performs, agree that there's no point in writing him off just yet.

Latest posts