What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty pennies v the tigpies

WestyLife

First Grade
While we played terrible we weren't that far off. That is with a very young side

Look at their tries

1st try was a poor read by Sorensen and May
2nd the 90m kick return
Penalty try
Then just tired at the end

We bombed a few too.

We should of given those halves a run together in NSW Cup last week. Then they wouldn't of been so horriblr

Penalty try shouldn't be on this list. They scored either way.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone not named May is a good start. I'd take Salmon or anyone who can run/pass with some level of intensity. May's utility value is well overrated and good for such small stints due to him being a plodder.

May gives Yeo a break. Salmon can't do that
He can cover fullback and 2nd row that Kenny can't

Abacus

Juniors
While we played terrible we weren't that far off. That is with a very young side

Look at their tries

1st try was a poor read by Sorensen and May
2nd the 90m kick return
Penalty try
Then just tired at the end

We bombed a few too.

We should of given those halves a run together in NSW Cup last week. Then they wouldn't of been so horriblr
This a gross oversimplification. We were off the pace for much of the game with really only poor discipline from the Tigers (mainly high tackles) keeping us in it.
Forwards gave the halves little time & when things looked promising May got in the way.
Not much we could do about the pack except play reserve graders...May was not our best half option however & reeks of nepotism from Ivan.

age.s

First Grade
Nobody has ever successfully managed to explain to me why our competition needs to be destroyed each year for state of origin.
The comp turns into a joke for the next few months, weak teams and tired players.
Everyone knows "wins" are tainted and "losses" are considered acceptable.
I can't stand all the "evens the competition up" banter that goes on as well.
Seriously just make the games stand alone and be done with it.

We're far enough ahead from this comp that we'll likely be fine. It's teams closer to the pack with top heavy rosters (eg, Titans, Manly) who will likely take losses that may be the difference between a top 8/ top 4 finish.

Its arse.

franklin2323

Immortal
Never seen so many excuses for a player. I can't see where he'd be a first or 2nd choice player in our team...if he wasn't Nath's best mate. Move him on.

Where did say he would be? So many teams lose a guy to HIA or something and struggle. He slots in doesn't carve up is just solid.

Round 1 Api is off at halftime - he slots in
Round 3 Edwards off - he slots in
Bathurst Capewell off with the ribs - he slots in

It allows the rest of the bench to do their normal rotations. Find me someone else in the squad that does that and I will happily see him out of the 17.

Burton looked most likely for that role but seems to be set at centre now

franklin2323

Immortal
This a gross oversimplification. We were off the pace for much of the game with really only poor discipline from the Tigers (mainly high tackles) keeping us in it.
Forwards gave the halves little time & when things looked promising May got in the way.
Not much we could do about the pack except play reserve graders...May was not our best half option however & reeks of nepotism from Ivan.

The ref kept it close. Stop/start game allowed neither team to get momentum

What other choice was there though? The bench was already very raw without blooding Falls or someone.

Leota doesn't have his brain snap and Smith doesn't need to debut it gives you more options

The_Frog

First Grade
May was good last year but has been abysmal in 2021. That was the worst game I've ever seen from a half, just slowly plodding across field doing nothing
They used to run at Lockyer, not because he couldn't tackle, but because it blunted his attack which the side relied upon. May was never intended to be Cleary Mark 2 in this game. He was a second lock, Burton was the playmaker. I'm guessing the reason he played 7 is because there wasn't anyone else.

Smug Panther

First Grade
They used to run at Lockyer, not because he couldn't tackle, but because it blunted his attack which the side relied upon. May was never intended to be Cleary Mark 2 in this game. He was a second lock, Burton was the playmaker. I'm guessing the reason he played 7 is because there wasn't anyone else.
Locky was a very poor defender, Tony Carroll made a whole career out of protecting him

WestyLife

First Grade

Yet May was at first receiver most of the game.

franklin2323

Immortal
May was good last year but has been abysmal in 2021. That was the worst game I've ever seen from a half, just slowly plodding across field doing nothing

He topped the sides tackle count. Ran more metres then 2 starting forwards

That is the issue no one across the board aimed up. I don't know how any half is going to go well when a starting prop on gains 35m

Latest posts