What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty pennies v the tigpies

franklin2323

Immortal
Should have given Falls a shot

Behind a rookie forward pack? I wanted him to play but we were just too weakened.

Hopefully we rest the halves this week and he can get a run. Given Api and Leota's back and I don't see Martin getting much game time.

I'd run this pack this week. Assuming no one backs up. Allows Falls to come in

Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Sorensen
Kenny

Its not all doom and gloom, 12-6 with 15mins to go, a full strength W/T should have nailed the game well before then. Two late tries over the top of Kiks is a bit of a worry. Round 24 we play them at home .

Abacus

Juniors
Like who? The result doesn't change with someone else there. Like Salmon or Falls doesn't make 44 tackles. So what gains in attack we'd lose the other end of the ball.
Either 1 of Salmon or Falls for me - at least they're halves. May probably has never made 44 tackles in a match before last night, so not sure why you think others would be incapable. Certainly no excuse for picking a lock/backrower at halfback - he's not Luke Lewis FFS.

Abacus

Juniors
Behind a rookie forward pack? I wanted him to play but we were just too weakened.

Hopefully we rest the halves this week and he can get a run. Given Api and Leota's back and I don't see Martin getting much game time.

Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Sorensen
Kenny
May on the bench?

Black Diamond

Juniors

Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Sorensen
Kenny
Falls plays with that rookie pack each week so would have been worth a shot considering what we had was bog ordinary.

Well played Panthers.

it was always going to be a big challenge but the junior and less illustrious smug will benefit greatly from the experience.

I learned that Burton is actually pretty good, Jennings had a fair game, JFH was truly awesome and I’m not sure what happened to my beloved Kiks, who as you all know, is my fave non Tiger player. Lol jet taking exception.

As Ivan said, it’s very hard to get the combinations in order in a week, next man up didnt quite cater for the instinct.

Im proud it was the Tigers that overcame such a talented squad.

I would’ve blown Ivan a few kisses, but I think I saw a shot of him with a smuggie sarcastic smile lol. Cool!

age.s

First Grade
May used to be quick enough, with some footwork, vision and a great pass, especially left to right. Yes he's done an ACL in that time but it's still surprising to see all that disappear so thoroughly.

franklin2323

Immortal
May on the bench?

yep. Ivan struggles to make good tactics for individual games.

That starting pack with Eisenhuth and Leinu allows the side to play it's normal tactics. Kenny and May can do the Yeo role of playing lots of 1st reciever.

We had limited chances but lacked the polish for repeat sets. That is on Burton too so another option there would be good

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Based only on what I have seen this year, I don't rate Staines at all. Too slight, no real mongrel, doesn't appear all that skillful. Just making up the numbers, really.

DinkyDi

Juniors
You'd think Ivan's blowing of kisses would have a LOT to do with that.
A tiger supporter I see? Ivan was reacting to some serious, and personal, banter. Your lot really needs to build a bridge and get over it. Well done in defeating a depleted Panther side.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm not trying to death ride the team. To summarise everything

Crichton, Kikau: someone remind them they are huge units. They seem to forget at times. We've seen both carve up when they switch on.

May: Be happy if he wasn't more than a reserve grade player but will never happen. Really don't rate him at all sorry.

Staines looked slow in open space last night but really is faster than that. Injured or mental thing?

Edwards: Give a pass due to coming back from injury but needed his Storm performance and got nowhere near it.

Lenui: WTF happened?! He looks to be getting worse. I'm at peak confusion with him.

franklin2323

Immortal
Similar to you with May and Crichton then? :)
I said earlier May wouldn't be in my top 17 but that would involve moving guys that won't get moved.

May is a scapegoat because people don't like him. He was far from good but wasn't the worst.

As for Crichton he is going to be a star. Might even play Origin if Freddy stops picking fullbacks in centre

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not trying to death ride the team. To summarise everything

Crichton, Kikau: someone remind them they are huge units. They seem to forget at times. We've seen both carve up when they switch on.

May: Be happy if he wasn't more than a reserve grade player but will never happen. Really don't rate him at all sorry.

Staines looked slow in open space last night but really is faster than that. Injured or mental thing?

Edwards: Give a pass due to coming back from injury but needed his Storm performance and got nowhere near it.

Lenui: WTF happened?! He looks to be getting worse. I'm at peak confusion with him.

Thoughts on Kenny's performance