What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

betcats

Referee
Fish played 66 mins last week
Kikau 80

If you are sure they can do the same then it limits the risk to letting them back up

Yep the forwards that played last night can play limited minutes. Martin should be fine to play his normal minutes. Yeo and Capewell I would limit their minutes. To'o and Cleary I would like to rest i'd be happy to see the others back up.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep the forwards that played last night can play limited minutes. Martin should be fine to play his normal minutes. Yeo and Capewell I would limit their minutes. To'o and Cleary I would like to rest i'd be happy to see the others back up.

To'o has calf issues during games. No point risking him

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep. Toughest part of our draw is still to come.

Roosters game next week is going to be tough. Normally we'd win comfortably but given Api and Edwards have hardly played with the spine and will be a month since they were together.

That is a danger game.

Eels are 5 days after SOO 2. So any HIA or even a niggle can rule guys from backing up.

We could quite easily be sitting equal with the Roosters in 4th or 5th after the Parra game. Still with a game against Souths and a Trip to Melbourne to come.

We have been dominate but so has the 4 other top sides. So it is a tricky balance to get the 2 points ticking over and keep guys fresh

betcats

Referee
Really feel you guys are thinking small here. People claim the GF last year was a choke but we were burned out from at least the Broncos game in round 17. Peaking in the finals is what we need, not beating the Sharks during origin.

Finishing top gives us the best chance. We could drop down a couple spots and end up having to go down to Melbourne or up to qld to play the storm in a semi final.

franklin2323

Immortal
Really feel you guys are thinking small here. People claim the GF last year was a choke but we were burned out from at least the Broncos game in round 17. Peaking in the finals is what we need, not beating the Sharks during origin.

We don't get top 2. We don't make the GF simple as that really last year was different because players were stuck at home and had no down time. Now you just give them a few days off and they head up the coast or something to relax

Smug Panther

First Grade
Finishing top gives us the best chance. We could drop down a couple spots and end up having to go down to Melbourne or up to qld to play the storm in a semi final.
Meh that's the only side we need to beat come September anyways. No one else can match us

franklin2323

Immortal

Or a Prelim Final in Melbourne. Just let Martin back up then go home to the bush Until Wed next week

betcats

Referee
Meh that's the only side we need to beat come September anyways. No one else can match us

I agree but playing them in Melbourne in a semi would be a very scary prospect. Great teams and coaches like the storm and the roosters deal with origin on a case by case basis, its not unusual for their reps to back up I dont see it an issue if some of our guys back up if they get the all clear by the medical staff etc

The Realist

Juniors
Anything other than the minor premiership would be a disappointment.

Sure we don't have to needlessly field a full strength team 'at all costs', but likewise we shouldn't have the mentality of 'throwing' games either just to possibly prevent injury.

WestyLife

First Grade
Anything other than the minor premiership would be a disappointment.

Sure we don't have to needlessly field a full strength team 'at all costs', but likewise we shouldn't have the mentality of 'throwing' games either just to possibly prevent injury.

Api and Martin could realistically back up with limited/no minutes and Leota will return from suspension. Maybe Luai depending how he feels but Yeo, To'o, Nathan have to sit this out surely.

betcats

Referee
Api and Martin could realistically back up with limited/no minutes and Leota will return from suspension. Maybe Luai depending how he feels but Yeo, To'o, Nathan have to sit this out surely.

Api and Martin are certainties. Capewell being on the end of a 50 point flogging will definitely be keen to get back out there and put that feeling behind him. I think Yeo and Jerome will play as well.

WestyLife

First Grade
Api and Martin are certainties. Capewell being on the end of a 50 point flogging will definitely be keen to get back out there and put that feeling behind him. I think Yeo and Jerome will play as well.

Yeo played 80 minutes at lock. I seriously doubt he backs up. If he does and has a good game I'll pay to let him impregnate the misses as long as I get to claim the offspring.

betcats

Referee
Yeo played 80 minutes at lock. I seriously doubt he backs up. If he does and has a good game I'll pay to let him impregnate the misses as long as I get to claim the offspring.

Hahah I would let him do it anyway, yeah i know he played 80 but i just have a feeling he will back up given his character and he pulled up fine. Cleary and To'o both had cuts from knocks to the head so i would definitely rest them but I think Yeo coming out unscathed will want to back up.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeo, Cleary and To'o rested for mine. Yeo playing 80 in Origin, Cleary with his nasty cut and Brian because of his workload and head contact.

Luai was terrific in Origin and could easily back up at halfback for us IMO. He didnt really get a workout defensively like you would expect so I think we could play him with minimal risk. If his body feels fine use him.

Martin played small minutes. Minimal risk again... Would give him big minutes for us.

Api didn't play at all.

Capewell really didnt have a huge workload and could easily play a role for us off the bench.