What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Who bought into Griffin's business today? Hard pressed to find more than 3 players. A simple game plan and a bit of effort to respect the ball and player with the ball would have won that game. He isn't having the impact I would have hoped this far into a season, say what you want about how long it takes to turn a club around. I strongly believe it has got to do with the calibre of players we have. It can;'t be just Norman and Dufty but they are the obvious one. I am happy to see a max exodus if it means we can bring some heart into this rut of a club.

Ramsey just goes really average but I'd be picking him for his amount of care alone. That's how bad it is.
The big question is who is available to bring to the club. The way we are going and the team looking so low on morale we will have to pay way overs for any quality players.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I have to admit Duff should have attacked the player Averillo but no he waited then too late. And he looked the other way with the Marshall King try. Yes I like hook can see more clearly now

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
While the verdict appears that Dufty's departure is now acceptable I still really don't know, given that, from what I saw (and I didn't bare watching the last 20 minutes), WIlliame was probably the standout. One of those days.

Interesting, and I think of worth when all bias is cast aside, that when questioned about whether he believes Matt Dufty is an NRL player, Cooper Cronk gave a very brutal reply. "At a strong club with a strong culture and strong systems he will go well." or along those lines. I have to say it is true for many of our talent-wasted players over the last decade. Whether Dufty's career can or can't be saved elsewhere, his words of truth really hit home for me.
Interesting and succinct. We are not "a strong club with a strong culture and strong systems". This is where the McGregor legacy runs a mile deep. It will take at least 2-3 years to start to imbued the correct culture. Systems are one thing, cultural and deep and enduring cultural change are something all together different.

The change starts with shedding players who "grew up" under the McGregor umbrella and who could have been considered McGregor devotees (Cameron McInness). Then rid the club of the show ponies (Norman and Dufty) and start to recruit players from winning clubs and put them next to the good juniors and then slowly; inch by inch you climb the mountain.

Hook began this process 5 years ago at Penrith and look where they are now. This rebuilt is going to take some time and unfortunately we are going to run into days like yesterday. There is no easy fix and whilst we are starving for success; we either get on board and back the rebuild process or....I don't know what.

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
We saw the best against the Broncs-today we saw the worst of Dufty. Poor defensive reads and positional play, missed tackles and no push up to support attacking players. However, my greater concern was the lack of energy and defensive intensity in the red zone of the whole team and the lack of guile in attack-just dumb one out running with no supporting runners to create any defensive uncertainty. Brought back memories of Mary's "game plans"- for want of a better phrase.
Meanwhile The Bulldogs caught us out with a simple pass out wide and then back inside to a speedy support player (Averillo)- something we didn't bother with.

There was no talk and it didn't look like a happy team to me.
Yes it was bad attitude day

BBTB

Juniors
While the verdict appears that Dufty's departure is now acceptable I still really don't know, given that, from what I saw (and I didn't bare watching the last 20 minutes), WIlliame was probably the standout. One of those days.

Interesting, and I think of worth when all bias is cast aside, that when questioned about whether he believes Matt Dufty is an NRL player, Cooper Cronk gave a very brutal reply. "At a strong club with a strong culture and strong systems he will go well." or along those lines. I have to say it is true for many of our talent-wasted players over the last decade. Whether Dufty's career can or can't be saved elsewhere, his words of truth really hit home for me.
Yes the Saints as a club, is Fckd. To many years of "the boy's club".
Snouts burried in
that trough... Providing jobs & covering up....
Will take a complete clean out, from the top
1. Administration
2.Football committee.
3.Coaching & Pathways.
Hook unfortunately is a
Mere band aid.
Designed to distract us....
This Club is Corrupt from top
to bottom.....
Been a meal ticket for these parasites... For 50yrs.......

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Surely Dufty, Beale get dropped today w Ramsay to FB and Fegai to the wing, Lomax to right centre...Norman hanging by a thread

Watched the KOE game against the Mounties (which we lost). The best back was probably Pereira so not a lot of pressure on our incumbents. Lomax will be a big in though.

Not convinced about Ramsey as a FB- on the wing he looks anxious - as if he's trying too hard and overreading the game- some of his high ball takes look really iffy with the ball landing almost on his chin and his body arched backwards- a dangerous way to catch a ball.

Unless Sloan miraculously emerges in the second half of the season, the decision to not pursue Nicho Hynes as our 2022 FB is looking increasingly a poor one.

BLM01

First Grade
Surely Dufty, Beale get dropped today w Ramsay to FB and Fegai to the wing, Lomax to right centre...Norman hanging by a thread
Maybe but apart from that butchered forward pass from Beale to Rav in 1st half I thought Beale went Ok and hardly saw any ball that side in attack
In fact no one saw decent ball outside the halves in attack
Defence was an issue in part on Williame’s edge and side

hewi

Bench
Ramsey is not the answer at fullback. Beale is going ok but I prefer Bird in the centre so Lomax to fullback,Norman out, Ford out, Fui back in somewhere. As for the rest of them if they don’t put in an effort then don’t pay the pricks until they do.

BBTB

Juniors
Ramsey is not the answer at fullback. Beale is going ok but I prefer Bird in the centre so Lomax to fullback,Norman out, Ford out, Fui back in somewhere. As for the rest of them if they don’t put in an effort then don’t pay the pricks until they do.
To many pea heart forwards.
Most are discards from other teams.
Not even first graders. Why are we buying, such disgraceful (bludging)forwards....?

LINESPEED

Juniors
Snouts burried in
1. Administration
2.Football committee.
3.Coaching & Pathways.
Hook unfortunately is a
Mere band aid.
to bottom.....
Snouts burried in
1. Administration
2.Football committee.
3.Coaching & Pathways.
Hook unfortunately is a
Mere band aid.
to bottom.....

Well said & desperately true

1623719263314.jpeg
Poor judgment, timing & management.
The laughing stock again of the NRL
....now back in full choking mode because of off-field incompetence.

Young must fall on his sword Webby
Finish the job!

Illusion

Bench

View attachment 49536

Finish the job!
Young is a Dinosaur and been a problem for a long time ..... Don't be surprised if Young jr is given top job , next coach ......

True_Believer

Juniors

View attachment 49536

Finish the job!

What's the poor judgement, timing management?

Both Dufty and Norman have known for weeks they weren't wanted. Consistency has been poor all year so them being told they aren't wanted hasn't changed anything. Especially given Dufty's performance last week (albeit against a poor team). What he showed tonight was more consistent with his performances over a number of years than what last weeks performance was.

Hook has been brought on board to clean up a mess that's been building up over years. We are not even half a season into this. And he's made 2 calls that most of us have been crying out for for a couple of years now. This is no doubt only the start.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The big question is who is available to bring to the club. The way we are going and the team looking so low on morale we will have to pay way overs for any quality players.

Most of the quality players off contract for 2022 have been snapped up by the Bulldogs, Sharks and a couple of other clubs. Having lost Pereira, I was hoping we might have a shot at Ken Maumalo who would provide us with some much needed backline height but he's off to the Tigers.

SEAT 1A

Bench
It's going to hard to cop as a Dragon's fan because he does appear to be the most dangerous player in the team but at the same time, he's not the kind of bloke who will win you a tight game in a prelim

We will see how he goes with his 2nd job interview at the Raiders on sat arvo

It's going to be a quick interview.

Q.
Can you take criticism.
A.
No.
Q.
Can you tackle.
A.
No.
Q.
How old are.
A.

The Cooper Cronk response says it all

Our club has an ordinary squad, with poor culture and systems.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
The Cooper Cronk response says it all

Our club has an ordinary squad, with poor culture and systems.
It is sad to think of the kids who dreamed of one day getting to be that 1% of 1% who get to play FG only then to find themselves at this once proud club where their talent, skill and dedication was either blunted or extinguished entirely.

Meanwhile those in the boardroom remain protected from accountability and reality. Pretty disgraceful.